Why is Lifeweavers damage look low?

So essentially your job as Lifeweaver is to actually get the kill.
For example Junkrats concussion mines do 120 each

120+120 240 but they have fall off and all that and some heros have 250 hp, basically they should be dead to your thorns before you even remotely build up any insane damage stats.

Factor in healing and abilities and your job is simply to constantly overpower those abilities

11 shots per second is only like 66 damage (stacked with being a Projectile even if fast)

Take a breather heals hog for an entire 180 per second even if you hit all headshots as weaver thats only 132 you still won’t over power it. but you will make his job of being alive a looottt harder as well as running down his breather.

Also it’s not even that low overall compared to most supports he does like 5k per game it’s just harder.

A lot of heros also have like these big burst damage moves that are supposed to do a lot of quick damage which well Weaver dosen’t, which is another reason his stats aren’t high.

But yeah on a squishy usually Your job is just to kill them and finish them off, killing someone at 66 hp only gives 66 damage stats.

Your also supposed to be able to quickly assinate certain people like windowmaker butttt they took this away from him for some reason without compensating for the hp changes damage wise, but he’s still a relatively good Duelist shooting someone at 225 hp only gives 225 damage and since Weaver dosen’t have all the extra things everyone else has and prefers to kill his targets very quickly he just dosen’t build up much damage stats…

Also his ammos really… Really… Low and having to charge your heals is also time that you aren’t doing damage.

If he had like I’d say Baptiste levels of weapon usage i.e. no charge mechanic, his damage I’d saayy would be on par with with Baptiste or Zen which ironically enough is literally the best shield break support comp.

Also the no burst damage or discord orb thing is an issue.

You forget that he fires two thorns at a time, so it’s (6×2)×11=132 dps. However, since they have both spread and travel time it’s hard to achieve this number. But if you can, he’s deadly when you drill skulls.

5 Likes

The ammo size is too low imo. It needs to be buffed so he can shoot continuously for at least 5 seconds (it’s currently at 3.6s).

2 Likes

He’s a support, and 480 damage per reload before headshots is plenty. Soldier does 570 per reload, while McCancelled sits at 420. 480 is pretty normal.

2 Likes

Nahhh who is Mccancelled :sob:
Not the Mccancelled lmao :rofl:

Lifeweaver needs a faster weapon swap so he isn’t punished for weaving in damage between his heals.

Sometimes all an enemy needs is a 100 points of damage, but before he’s managed to swap to thorns that person is being healed up and is already at 150-200 hp.
It’s better to immediately swap back to heals again in this situation.
So now the weaver has just afk’d for 3 seconds without healing his team, only because he wanted to finish off a low health target that was hiding from his team’s dps. And it still takes 1 more second before he can heal a teammate because the bloom charge takes so long.

4 seconds of being basically afk, just because he saw an opportunity but the weapon swap was too slow to take advantage of it and now he’s swapping again to hopefully heal his team before they die.

This is why his damage is low. It’s not worth it to swap weapons to get any damage in most of the time, unless you are duelling someone or your entire team is safe.

2 Likes

As someone who plays LW a lot, I clearly noticed that his damage output indirectly suffered from the DPS passive buff.

The hero had a huge damage buff in January (I think) when they extended thorns distance but I feel like he now needs another change to catch up in terms of damage.

Junkrat is a good explanation of frustrating 1v1 currently. Sometimes you think you need only one hit to fishish him off and in fact, you needed two and usually it’s when you need to reload and Junkrat easily kills you because of his insane amount of damage (with a big hitbox).

Lifeweaver’s thorns are not rewarding enough when hitting the target multiple times, maybe the damage should gradually increase when you’re close to being out of ammo… ? Or something like this…

That much is true but when you do manage to take someone out from a distance easily, it’s often because the player made the basic mistake of being too stationary, which is a beginner’s mistake.

1 Like

I wrote a post about this to, he’s a breakpoint hero like the entire purpose damage wise.

What allowed him to exist in overwatch was that his damage was literally JUSSSSTT enough for a fps game.

Overwatch I think is like a MMorpg game or something like that like “Fantasy” rpg.

He has the fantasy part down that being his healing.

But he’s missing the part that actually “Allowed” him to really exist in a game like overwatch, and that was those clutch kills.

You can also predict where they are going line you do with all other projectiles. I don’t find his thorns to be that bad really. On release though? Oof

The thorns are really satisfying to me, the sound when they hit a head is amazing.

3 Likes

We don’t talk about release Lifeweaver…

No, no, it’s clearly not bad. It’s just that it needs some little adjusting. I don’t find it fair in terms of the low damage it deals, especially now that DPS heroes got a huge buff.

In my point of view, hitting heads should always be rewarded grantly, whether you play a support or DPS hero, and Lifeweaver is clearly at a disadvantage in that sense.

Same, that’s one of many reasons I like the hero so much. He just needs a little help to be more “in line” with other projectile heroes, is all.

First, if any comparison is to be made it should be against other supports, not DPS. All other supports can shoot continuously for at least 5 seconds, some of them much longer (Bap, Zen, Ana, Kiriko).

Second, if a certain aspect of his kit does not feel good to use, no direct stat-to-stat comparison to any other hero is needed. The only thing that matters is balance.

1 Like

First, it’s important to compare damage per reload to dps when it’s on par with them. Supports have similar damage per reload to dps.

Second, this game is a shooter, and how a shooting mechanic feels is important in a shooter. You can’t compare kits 1:1 since apples aren’t oranges, but there’s a baseline that any character with shooting mechanics needs to be compared to.

Ana: 70x14=980
Kiriko: 45x15=675
Bap: 75x12=900
Zen: 48x25=1200
Mercy: 20x25=500
Lucio: 18x20=360

All but one have more damage per reload than Cass.
All but two have more damage per reload than Soldier.

Hello, OP. As a LW player, how do you feel about the upcoming armour revert/changes/whatever’s happening? It’s going to cut into thorns’ DPS pretty savagely from what I can tell. Or do you never spike armoured targets anyway?

1 Like

When you get to the higher damage per reload counts, you run into a lot of caveats. Ana can’t headshot and has to choose between field of view and ads, Ashe needs to both ads and deal with a slow reload speed, Bap has burst fire. The only real outlier is Zen, but his kit is lacking in the survival department so it’s reasonable. And it’s not enough to have more damage per reload, it’s about the range of damage per reload. Mercy having 500 damage per reload is still within the typical ballpark of 400-600. Outliers have more caveats to balance them out. Shotgun and beam heroes have range issues, for instance.

I agree entirely. This would actually make him feel so much better, I’m sure of it. While at the same time, his actual DPS wouldn’t increase, so we probably wouldn’t have to worry about people whining about him being too deadly

Totally. I had this awesome comp match yesterday on Eichenwalde where my crit accuracy must have been insane. There was just so much plinkplinkplinking going on :sparkling_heart:

Also satisfying because one of the enemy supports was on my team just before that, being a terrible co-support. And he started out this match as Weaver. And he was of course a Healweaver, so it went terribly for him :metal: He swiftly swapped to Mercy

1 Like

Either remove his spread
Give him 120 ammo
Make the auto reload WAY faster when swapping weapons
Or when swapping after x time give at least a half charge healing blossom

Oh it’s going to be a problem I already know its going to be a problem.

1 Like

Junkrat easily kills nobody right now.

Also yes, Lifeweavers damage is seriously underrated.