Why is it so hard to fix the player icon issue?

When you click on a poster’s profile, even if it’s private, you can see their current correct avatar, but on the forums we are stuck with the ones we had in season 2.1. What gives? It’s not like it’s an unknown issue.

16 Likes

They hate us on the forums. They want us to forever be labeled as filthy Hog players. They want people to lie about me and humiliate me because of that one time I said that I was good at hooking people and got suspended for it.

12 Likes

This is not a rhetorical question. This version of the forums was launched in 2018, if I remember correctly, and up until late Fall of 2022 logging out and back in would update our avatar to correspond with the current one we have in-game. Then it stopped working. Ok, these things happen and then they get fixed. Only… what? This isn’t quantum computing, the forums are not deserted, the game is doing well, if not outright thriving. What’s the hiccup here? How many of these threads do we need to make until some intern is tasked with looking into it?

2 Likes

It is not about how many. It’s about bringing attention to the issue. I firmly believe Blizzard is unaware of the problem. How do we get them to become aware? Hell if I know. Post on Reddit, perhaps? :joy:

4 Likes

There are forum moderators and community managers that frequent here; they should be aware of this issue, no? It’s hard to fathom that our old pal WyomingMyst, aka “Craig”, is not in the know of something that’s this long lasting and annoying.

2 Likes

I don’t like Soldier 76 or even main him, I just want my Kiriko PFP man.

1 Like

Not even all of them work too. Detective Sojourn is a Season 1 icon but im stuck on Ramattras whatever icon here

I don’t need to change adorable Mei. I will never change my icon.

seriously though it’s ridiculous this is still a problem.

5 Likes

Same, im tired of the default Ow logo, some weird guy called me out for a smurf cause i had the default pfp :rofl:

1 Like

So that explains why I couldn’t find the option to change it. That’s a bit of a shame for such big company

4 Likes

I’ve been yapping about this since season 5.

I’ve just come to accept that it’s never going to get fixed. :sob:

1 Like

They even broke the profile links with OW2 (still seeing profile not found pages here and there) and you are expecting them to fix icons?

Also outside of a forum mod, the new staff probably don’t even know the game has a forum.

2 Likes

That’s the trick, Bella. Someone just needs to say some really twisted things that get reported so a forum moderator can see the post and remember that icons are broken. I will start… I like kitty. That got me suspended before. Just report this kitty lover so that whoever removes my disturbing and disruptive post remembers to FIX THE FORUM ICONS.

1 Like

this entire time i thought it was just a bug for me… turns out everyone has it!
just so everyone knows, i dont want this damn snowflake icon anymore! i originally used it cause its from 2016 and liked the “OG” factor but i dont care anymore and found a better one!

2 Likes

your icon is cute though i like that one

i use it sometimes with the sakura name card

Who cares about it, is it that important?

In the grand scheme of things in life it’s a minor concern. Some do care about it, however.

2 Likes

My theory is the forum code somehow is trying to find our OW1 profile pictures, but since it was removed, it finds nothing so hence why its broken.

It is crazy that it has not been fixed, but considering us Console players never got our Overwatch 1 stats back in the game itself, I’m not too surprised the forums are a buggy mess

4 Likes

I’m surprised that this place still exists. Abandoned, supervised by scripts, full of angry and frustrated players that rarely buy overpriced skins …

1 Like