Why is it so hard for Mercy players to accept this?

Ehh, Mercy’s skill-ceiling is actually just pathetically low. Though, it was always like that.

9 Likes

I wasn’t aware Junkrat had similar changes and had his ULT max capped at two kills only, or had his primary skill have a two second delay holding him in place, or dozen other nerfs.

44 Likes

Yo the conversation doesn’t benefit from hyperbole and stuff like that. Chill. Comparing rat tire to mass rez ain’t fair. They’re different in a lot of ways.

20 Likes

And genji is so viable because he is pretty broken not for been a skilled hero. People outside GM play Genji without hands and still get outputs from him.

3 Likes

This literally doesn’t change anything I said.

Why is it different for Mercy?

3 Likes

Here’s my perception of the Mercy issues.
They are reasonable goals.

I just think they are going about it the wrong way.

Generally the posts are pretty negative. Read like walls of text. And are obsessively focused on multirez or removing rez.

• Lacking in clutch saves on teammates below 75hp
  • Tanks heals get boring
  • Lack of decisions, interactivity
  • Lack of “hero moment”, feeling like you can individually have a strong solo impact on the overall flow of the match
  • Rez either feels too risky or not rewarding enough for the risk, and the immobility is disliked for similar emotional reasons why Mei freeze is disliked
23 Likes

//eyerolls
Idk about other mercys but idc about her ‘viability’, her shift in playstyle is her biggest problem. She’s even more reliant on her teammates now more than ever (her ideal playstyle now is pocketing rather than juggling. Rez is also extremely situation either your enemies suck chasing you or your team is good at protecting you). Plus i still have my peeve about valk ‘doing’ the work for you (except when going battle valk i guess)

Personally i think it s a misconception that mercy players want mercy to be more viable. Or at least viable to the degree that people would think mercy players want her to be meta again. Because they dont. They just want mercy to have impact based on her own gameplay, and not her teammates. (Mercy is still impactful but the reason why i think it relies on more on her teammates is basically the previous paragraph)

Tbh i could careless about mass rez. I want cd rez to get gone so she can get back to 60hps so her ideal playstyle goes back to juggling not pocketing. Valk could use tweaks to so it makes it more engaging and not the whole press m1/m2 with little to no reason to change targets playstyle she has now outside of battle valk.

14 Likes

Yeah exactly. DPS ULTS can still instantly teamwipe or kill 1-5 players with potg fun and no matter how skill or hard you try with Mercy to resurrection…you are literally stuck at one to counter…

16 Likes

Yes, why the double standard come to nerfs or changes?

5 Likes

You can’t compare Mass Rez to DPS ults. It’s not that simple. I know it seems like that. But it really isn’t.

6 Likes

Many posts seem to have shifted to how Mercy feels to play, not overall viability across ranks

A lot of posters even state that they would be willing to accept a less than viable replacement if it was fun for them to play.

26 Likes

That’s just ridiculous and makes no sense, they’d probably still play her when it’s not viable.

2 Likes

Mass Rez was a hard counter to DPS ULT spam though for balance. Then it got water down to two instant resurrection, then none for Mercy ULT. OP wants to compare Mercy to Junkrat, and I’m pointing out some of the obvious double standards when it comes to nerfs or changes. If you hard nerf any dps ULT to, two max skills only, or their primary with two second delay being froze in place. Would other players be okay with this, feel it’s fun, or useful? Probably not.

Junkrat role is a reliable shield breaker, spam aoe, area of denial type class.

Mercy was suppose to be reliable solo healer, and hard counter to ULT spam with strong resurrection. Mercy currently isn’t a good solo healer, and a unreliable counter to DPS ULTS from all the nerfs. Yet Junkrat maintains their role strong and reliable spam shield breaker. If you apply the similar excessive nerf from Mercy to any other class, it would ruin that character.

27 Likes

This is fact. There are those that would say they’d accept an unviable Mercy so long as it had a Mass Rez mechanic. Fun over anything.

I think a viable Mercy is fun, so I’m not willing to just default back to Mass rez like that.

The discussion on this forum regarding Mercy is all about people’s feelings, and it’s very annoying. If I have to care about your feelings, then I have to care about all the other people’s feelings, and my own feelings, and just feelings everywhere, and then we’re all just swapping stories and like lul I guess it’s fun but are we really achieving anything? Not really? Agree to disagree? And…

Time to move away from Mass Rez.

3 Likes

It is ridiculous. But also true. People would rather have mas Rez and have mercy suck then current mercy.

4 Likes

‘i still don’t get what u mercy mains want’

take 1337 aaand

I’m not sure why people use the argument that she’s stronger in lower ranks and weaker in higher, Moira is more picked in all ranks save GM and Ana is picked more from Gold and onward (they virtually share the same rate in Silver too).

23 Likes

I mean, I don’t really think many people care about viability.

A lot of the people complaining now played her plenty last time Ana was top of the charts. The complaints have also been around since her rework, including the time when she was absolutely a must pick for everyone.

It’s the fun people want, not the pickrates.

There’s really only a handful of posts I’ve seen complaining about her general viability based on the numbers, and even those get a ton of people who actually play Mercy saying “Uhm… Actually” a lot.

9 Likes

Actually it is very easy to accept. Why would you think otherwise?

She isn’t fun to play anymore on any rank.

20 Likes

Every hero in the right hands should be able to have an impact at all ranks. That impact being what they bring to the team, not what they do alone. That’s what most of you anti-mercy people aren’t getting. No hero should be guttered because they have a play-style you despise. That line of thinking demonstrates that you lack an understanding of what kind of game OW is or worse you just don’t care.

OW is a team based shooter, TEAM being the keyword here. A good Mercy, like any hero, will appear like they are oppressive because they play with the team contribution in mind. Most people playing OW do not think like that then complain when lose they games because they can’t work together. I’ve been messing around with a bunch of heroes and one thing I can say is once their team role is identified winning games is effortless, mechanical skill being optional.

20 Likes