Why is gm 1% of players?

you have to work harder than the people above you to get to the same place as them and if you continue to work harder they will be left in the dust and fall in sr

Though as i said MMR can really soften that blow, sure we donā€™t have that data but the chance is there that itā€™s playing a really big role.

Also the ones at the top have made a path, people below them can follow it.
Sure it isnā€™t as easy, though itā€™s much easier than making the path itself.

but by the time you get there theyre ahead again, if what youre saying was the case then games like csgo which have been around longer than i have would just have everyone at global, and last time i checked cs was actually more severe but i think thats because their ranking system and matchmaker is about as bad as it gets

Lol well they probably low IQ. Idk Iā€™m a diamond tank main and every time Iā€™ve played with gms they think Iā€™m gm. I played with nateson on ptr once and he complimented my hamster and asked my rank. I told him diamond and he was surprised and told me I play like a gm.

This.

You have to be good to be GM.

Kinda the whole point of it.

Iā€™m not as familiar with CS:GO as with Overwatch, but i can safely say the ranking system is way different.

Iā€™d dare to say such stuff about Overwatch because iā€™ve been learning alot about it, though we canā€™t just bring up other games.

It all depends on how the game works.

theres people in 3900 buying 4200 accounts and hard feed, if you played like a gm youd farm in your diamond games, playing like a gm and being a gm are very different things

you win you go up you lose you go down, cs is a ladder system but that doesnt really affect things that much, you just simply cant put more people in gm, the skill difference between a 4000 player and a 4200 player is already about the difference of whole ranks in metal ranks, now try putting masters players in there and see how that works

Think of it this way.

How many people on Earth could buy a yacht, then compare that to how many people that can buy a car?

Even so i think itā€™s possible that there are much more GMā€™s than there used to be, even if it doesnā€™t sound possible.

We just need statistics.

Hereā€™s a fun fact: I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen more than 10 Grandmaster players total on Switch yet.

Fun fact 2: If the minimum requirement for T500 wasnā€™t diamond (which is a thing, despite the fact that itā€™s 'top 500 regardless of rank), then T500 would leak into plat. Isnā€™t that fascinating?

Yeah a new look at ranks would be interesting. But with OW2 in the pipeline, Blizzconline approaching quick, the rapid balance experimental changes they seem to be pushing, and of course working remote because of pandemic we probably wont get it for some time understandably.

theres many more players at a gm level in comparison to season whatever, if you went back to season 5 rn as a gm player youd literally be gods gift to overwatch, i remember back then id get solo dived by tracers with no orb on zen and i wouldnt expect that from diamond players nowadays, but the standard for gm has been increased so they now dont belong there

im diamond and i use to play against alot of gmā€™s cause of the times iā€™d q, and youā€™re exaggerating quite a bit

gmā€™s are definitely better at winning games, but plenty of diamonds can hold their own in a 1v1 against sub 4200ā€™s

Oh forsure Iā€™ve been diamond open que and beat the number one In the world .!!
And Iā€™m gold at best on xbox.
Note having the 3 years experience before it dropped on switch and having mostly kids on switch itā€™s pretty badā€¦

ā€œEveryone can be GM, but not at the same time, because itā€™s a [redacted] bell curve.ā€
Jayne Overwatch

99% are lazy complainers, thatā€™s why.
You have to be dedicated to climb 4k and above.

Because we all suck and we all know that :frowning:

bell curve. even if all the player population improved it would just shift the curve along.
compare your average joe today to an average joe 100 years ago. technology and advancements makes todays average lifestyle looks rich and luxurious compared to 100 years ago, but its still only considered average in the present time, because everything else has just shifted including what we now consider rich and luxurious.

U need to sell ur life.

Wel lucky?
Depends on how you look ad it.
If you mean matchmaking luck its a no.
But if you mean skill luck than that apply to some players.
Some players see there mistakes better even ingame some (like me) cant even find there mistakes in there own vod :frowning:
Ive been stable gm for 3 season when I toom overwatch siri but I needed to grind 2y for t500.
And soem ppl have background in ogher games what I also didnt hadā€¦

Wel in LOL its wors.
Ur already top 3% in dia.

I would realy recoment not taking gaming so siri and I regret I did it.
I could master arabic language jn that time I played ow.
Specialy that lot of people have stres/tilt problems ik m soo happy I adleast didnt had that.