Why is GGEZ censored but not the N word?

Seriously, it’s 2020 and people are still dropping racist N bombs in game. And Blizzard allows this to happen. Yet if someone types GGEZ they’re immediately censored to “Gee mom, one more match!”

Get with the times, Blizzard. I’m tired of having to block and mute kids who think this is funny when Blizzard could easily censor the word.

29 Likes

Deez nuts XD!!!

3 Likes

Filter does not apply to any means to bypass it. Thus the word still is shown even if its a butchered version of it. The meaning it conveys is still communicated.

2 Likes

Because those people would just say modified versions of it anyway. Right now, people just say the real version, than give the shocked pikachu face when they get banned swiftly. Getting those cretins out of the game benefits everyone.

7 Likes

one is an Easter egg the other is a banable offense.

5 Likes

The report system might be automated, but I suspect its not just automated based on # of reports. Based on how they said its most effective if done immediately I suspect after a report the chat from within approximately 10 minutes of said report is saved and reviewed to see if it contains key words and if it does you are banned.

The fact that the N word is not of the censored words makes it easier for said detection to do its job.

wait i didn’t know this

Well yea, people will always find a way. What do you propose we do? Nerf communication all together and just get rid of chat?

Hey, I’m just saying what is being done. . . I’m not suggesting anything from Blizzards end to fix the issue. But do have fun with that little fantasy of yours :smiley:

This is a myth…

They DON’T CENSOR SPECIFIC CURSE WORDS. The GGEZ thing is a meme. Like, they have a bad word filter that’s automatically on, so just leave that on. But they don’t change specific words except for GGEZ, and the reinhardt thing they do on april fools.

3 Likes

A whole lotta words…said nothing.

Meme or not, in 2020 the N word is still permitted in game.

1 Like

I mean, report it. They already have a censor for words like that, you want them to do it AGAIN? Like, keep your bad word filter on if it bothers you that much.

Because one of them is annoying while the other one gets you banned if someone reports you for it.

You wanna drop the N-word in chat?

Good luck, my friend.

1 Like

Or grow a thicker skin, literally all kinds of ways to get around it

You do realize that suggesting this is the most pathetic, childish & stupidest thing to say?
Same goes to ‘‘gRow a tHicKeR sKiN’’ reeee, guys…

You must be one of those word users since you seem to approve people using that word then & thinking that its ‘‘oK’’ to use those words…
Jeezus christ…

It only took cod 15 years to realize that these kinda words are bad in general. You people need to stop being so ignorant.

1 Like

Because one is annoying but not reportable while the other is actually reportable so it has actual consequences to say?

you are crying over a word i can use a filter for and he is the childish one? okay (gender neutral term) btw ive never used the word but grow a thicker skin.

It’s not that the word is bad, no one is arguing that. It’s that they ALREADY CENSOR BAD WORDS.

1 Like

GG EZ was censored more as a joke, otherwise they would have added it to the profanity filter.

All racist slurs are already being censored by the profanity filter.

1 Like