Why is General Discussion dominated by Comp?

To be frankly honest, the “Competitive Discussion” forum has more or less become the “complain about matchmaking” forum. I honestly have vouched for the removal of that category as most threads don’t serve a constructive purpose. Besides what defines as “general discussion?” You guys talk about anything and everything about Overwatch here (and a lot of things that should not be talked about here if we strictly go by the forum Code of Conduct).

As a whole, the Blizzard Forum platform serves its purpose well for World of Warcraft and not so much with the other games. With WoW, there is a LOT of things going on… quests, items, PVP, story and lore, etc. Not to mention WoW has a more in-depth customer service spectrum than the other games (item deletion recovery, character deletion recovery, realm transfers, DLC, etc.) so having forums for those issues are important and essential for Blizzard (and why the Blizzard Forum MVP program really exists).

1 Like

Speaking of the depth of content, do you think a subforum for every hero should exist?

I don’t know why, but I do.

Competitive/QP and arcade balance. Is it’s a roughly 3 way split in play hours though likely comp players are over-represented by playing more.

Which is almost always relevant.

I disctinctlyu recall many many complaints about Comp matchmaking in this subforum.

But how often have for example someone cited pickrate without specifying they are only talking about pickrate in comp but get mad if anyone doesn’t automatically presume they’re talking about comp.

That’s how everything is discussed but it’s all presumed to be that only Comp matters.

I worry that may just make it easier to ignore issues with some heroes by never visiting said forums.