Why is General Discussion dominated by Comp?

Why would anyone waste resources for modes that nobody even plays?

And QP is just a shorter version of comp.

It’s a competitive game what else would you like people to talk about?

Maybe because QP classic doesn’t require having 2 tanks and 2 supports and just throws 6 players of similar skill level into a game?

Sorry you feel that way, I recall the article and it’s well known to be true. Sorry you want to disagree, but I guarantee you it’s Comp no question, with QP a close #2.

But, being the logical and nice guy I am: this from April 2020, the nearest we have: https://imgur.com/DAd9zXT

Source - Google with this search “breakdown popularity modes overwatch”

I am happy to tutor you in using Google if you would like.

Judging by the glacially long queue times of comp compared to other modes maybe it’s comp that has the least players.

What do you think they do in other modes? Just meet on the point and exchange flowers and poetry?

Obviously there’s competition in all modes but what OW calls “Competitive” any other game would properly call “Ranked” mode.

It’s 30 seconds compared to 15 minutes.

You aren’t sorry and that’s not how I feel.

It’s an axiom.

Weasel words.

Name the site where this came from.

I know the image is hosted on imgur but imgur is not a site that interviews game developers or analyses user data.

I’d happy if you stopped pretending to be stupid, you want me to waste my time on google in hopes that I give up and don’t find out information you’d rather not have to explain.

I love our story section, but few use it when there is news about the lore (for example the New Blood comic) to comment on the news.

I suppose contributing to the feeling that it doesn’t really matter where you write is the lack of dedicated developers to the various sections (guidance on comps, narrative, etc.)

1 Like

It explains the current state of OW…

When a mode isn’t specified, I assume the context is about competitive mode.

You may not like it, but it is that way for a lot of other people.

You want to change the context, you have to change the mindset of all players.

And it’s been said before, but Competitive mode is the most popular. Until we get a Lucio Ball league then it’s likely to stay that way.

when it comes to hero balance or strength it can only objectively discussed in the context of comp that part is fact and not conjecture.

As for the fact sorry you don’t understand the difference a logical conclusion and a statement of fact but maybe your projecting something.

Either way feel free to just say I’m wrong without explaining anything to make yourself feel better I don’t mind.

Is there any reason for that?

wait, sorry, what I meant was:

Is there any good reason for that?

The mods could just start reminding people there is a subforum for Comp discussion.

Supposedly it has a plurality but no one can prove it even has a majority.

Even if Clockwork Elf’s source turns out to have any basis in reality that says comp is barely a third or far less than one third of the playerbase. No limits, Deathmatch and Quickplay classic combine to be 50% as popular as Ranked in EU.

Did you just encounter the term “objectively” for the first time today and thought you’d just copy be without knowing what it means?

Yeah sure “your projecting” I can see I’m sparring with an intellectual here.

I did explain why it’s wrong. I said you stated a opinion not based in fact as if it was a fact.

You just didn’t understand the terms I used.

I like that statement of fact. Thank you. Glad I was able to educate you a little.

It’s about 7 minutes on EU servers and I’ve heard it’s even shorter on NA servers so there’s no need to exaggerate.

And like I said, the matchmaker is having to find people who want to play tank and support, while also making sure they are of the same skill level as everyone else in the game. Quick play classic just throws anyone into a game, of course it’s going to be MUCH quicker.

do you have numbers to back that up or are you just assuming based on your own experience…

a lot of people don’t like comp… they find it overly stressful and frankly games exist to be entertainment if they are not fun then what is the point… comp takes itself too seriously for a lot of people to be able to enjoy it…

Less than a third of the playerbase actually has ever played comp most of those who do only do placements

We just got a lot of arm chair devs trying to peddle their narrative on balance here

1 Like

Thank goodness you are immune to sarcasm.

It’s like a truck driver that’s immune to red lights.

For DPS I’ve given up waiting.

I realised “why am I waiting when I could just get into QPC instantly?” It’s not like QPC is non-stop goats.

They sort by MMR as well.

They later give some numbers but no idea where from.

Even those numbers prove that barely 1/3 is ranked so almost 2x as likely to be a mode other than ranked.

Oh but because it has a plurality that’s supposedly all that matters.

And it’s just a massive wild coincidence it happens to suit their particular playstyle and screw their counters.

i would ask the same thing here do you have a source that can be considered legitimate for any number can we really say we have any idea what the play base actually does?
i meani personally would hope your right… but how would be know either way?

has anyone done a survay that big enough that it can be trusted? has blizzard reported any numbers?.. has anyone datamined to get the answer?

(also any kind of data mining based on the forums would probably be horribly flawed and screwed given you would mostly get whiny bastards lolol)

Don’t quote me on this but I believe a community manager said something about this a while back about 30ish% have even attempted comp I know for a fact a large portion of “comp players” only do placements not going for t500 or actively trying to climb I’m in several discords with 100+ players and most just do placements for gold guns then play arcade or qp

1 Like

i know i mostly only do placements… if i do comp at all… i only did season 30 because… well obviously…
<—

Also even a community manager could just write something they assume to be true… unless the point out that its a verified number i would not assume it to be entirely reliable…

i mean people say thing without much to back it up all the time without even thinking about it and pass along urban myths and stuff they heard in passing…

unless they do a proper source citation i don’t know if one can entierly rely on it… though a community manager does seam more authoratative but who knows…

anyway point being dont assume things, dont throw number around unless you can ferify them as factually true…

2 Likes

So it’s a minority of pushy players who are shouting out the overwhelming majority of players who outnumber them 2:1.

Like most things the most passionate are the minority and the loudest doesn’t make them always right I mean look at what streamers propose every time they get the chance to do balance changes