Why is competitive play now locked?

I did one placement, we lost, but I got 4 gold medals as support …now comp is locked for me.

3 Likes

There seems to be a bug with sr and mmr. People in different ranks are getting placed together, like Top500 in Gold games.

I just had an extremely easy game, where the some of the enemy team seemed lower than Diamond.

3 Likes

not only for u but i guess for all b/c i was locked too

1 Like

Yeah people were saying they completely reset it. My last game had a (he claimed) 4500 player in a game with silvers, golds and plats, etc.

No way to know if it was true, but my game before that had players who were playing like they were 500 SR so it was believable.

You’re not the only one

1 Like

Ooooh. Damnit. I had today and tomorrow off. I wanted to play comp.

I’ve dropped from 3k to 2.3k will they reset placements for everyone that’s had a big drop ???

1 Like

They will either begin placements with what you finished in role queue or what you finished in S17

Whatever just happened where everyone’s MMR was reset will be ignored

The problem is that the system is giving honest rankings where people belong. Players who were either lucky enough to get into higher ranks or were just Twitch celebs got placed much lower than what they’re used to due to the system actually taking their skill into account while they play. They screamed and cried pointing the fingers at the system rather than blaming themselves, and now the OW team is in a frenzy trying to appeal to the people with the biggest online audiences, because they don’t want them to start dishing out bad press and turning people off from the game. Guess we’ll just wait until they finish rigging the game in favor of the Twitch users with thousands of followers…sigh :pensive:

1 Like

I can’t tell if you’re trolling or not, but literally everyone got placed in the same SR. Do you genuinely believe that everyone is a 2.3k player?

I believe people aren’t as good as they think they are, and this new system is exposing that. See the Dunning-Kruger Effect…

1 Like

The pot calling the kettle black.

I honestly I know a few people who aren’t great but who are consistently in the 3K range.
They just play enough games to keep their ranking. They do play with team members who are really great.
Rest time they just play quick play.

I always thought it’d be better if the rankings started fresh at each season and you had to climb back up.

1 Like

They want to cater for there top 500 players who where accurately placed by the system based on there performance & not by previous accumulated Sr .

lol I assume you’re speaking for yourself, right?

Back on topic, comp seems to have gone back to role queue beta, I had got my season rewards and everything, now it says, “Season ends in less than a minute” and it has said that for an hour, I even played a game.