Why is anyone surprised that healing is getting stiff nerfs?

Ok, so this is another thread like my last “Why are people saying Tanks are getting super buffed” one. Essentially, I’m genuinely confused why people are surprised at healing being nerfed when Blizzard openly said they want people to die faster in OW2? Point for point, blizzard…

• Openly nerfed tanks’ ability to tank while buffing tank’s damage.

• Openly expressed the want for an even faster TTK; that’s people dying faster.

• Added a mode that consists mainly of deathmatch like fighting over one robot for matches that can be played in quick bursts. A mode that looks fun, but lets be honest, its clear that its there to facilitate the twitchy pew pew game they want OW2 to be.

-Openly said healing would be nerfed due to one less player on the field. I don’t think this is a good reason at all, especially with the other support and tank nerfs, but they did tell you guys.

They told us all about this, so why the surprise? I certainly made noise about this before we saw any footage, but people seemed to brush me off. Regardless, we can’t act like we’re too surprised, can we? I mean, I guess no one expected that 25% nerf thing, but I still think something like that SHOULD have been expected.

Every role is going to suffer nerfs to their defenses and gain buffs to their offense. Even if those offensive buffs are inappropriate.

2 Likes

I’m not, 1 less player naturally means heals need to be adjusted :slight_smile:

I don’t think Push is meant to be like TD. From 2019 OW2 blizzcon footage and even the 2021 may OW2 footage the teamfights were reasonably long. I think the devs have intended for Push to be a mode where the positioning changes rapidly, as for one push checkpoint, the attackers may have access to high ground, for the second checkpoint, there might be multiple flanking routes.

With the horrible healing changes for the OWL preview, I think any game mode would look like team deathmatch. 6 seconds of fighting then respawning and rinse&repeat.

1 Like

Yeah the Global Healing Debuff change is the main issue the game looks horrible right now

It’s also why Super said it felt rlly bad to play Tanks and Supports when he tested it this weekend

Hope it gets reverted with a swiftness and never mentioned again

1 Like

What a great idea this is, ok