Why is abusive chat a report option?

Yes blaming the people who are to blame, you’re so blind to the actual problem it’s insane

1 Like

If you cant control yourself in game and act toxic, its better to actualy ban you to think about your behavior

1 Like

The thing about pointing fingers at others is that you’ve got three pointing right back at you.

You have to get a lot of reports to get silenced. Offending an entire enemy team isn’t enough.

1 Like

But I didn’t start anything, I’m the person standing up to that guy talking trash at the party, but only if he’s talking trash to me I’m not gonna start crap for no reason or if somebody plays bad and I don’t need to defend everyone theyre not my problem

In most cases… Both people are asked to leave… So… try again.

1 Like

I don’t think you read anything at all I understand it’s long but you might understand more

Angry/Salty. Maybe they’ve had a bad day and are venting.

Dunno why they wouldn’t expect some sort of retort/report back though.

2 Likes

But in blizzards case the person defending is the one asked to leave and the toxic source is allowed to stay

So why aren’t you doing this?

6 Likes

The elephant in the room has finally been addressed.

2 Likes

All ni say abusive chat is worth banning
No matter reason you do it
Its not “funny” for strangers.
And insted of being toxic back at people, report them and move on yourself. for example:

I never done that, and never will, thats just being rude.

Welp, you see, I DONT TALK TRASH EVEN BACK
Mayby time to learn to be decent and ignore trash talkers. Someone is toxic to you? Its them that need to get rightly reported by you, and wait for message of actions being taken. Talking back not help ANYONE, and just disrupt entire team game.

No… That’s just you playing a victim.

The reality is that it’s you and the person arguing are both being reported for being a nozzle to one another that 4 other people have to listen to in a game.

You’re simply stating, “It’s only me” because you only have confirmation that you’re being punished for it and have no clue of the other.

2 Likes

I actually got an apology from someone who sent me a message, he said he was just salty after I trash talked him for a good 5 minutes. I was shocked and I guess it does just show that a lot of them were simply frustrated. I take it a bit personally because, well, they send me personal messages. But it was a bit eye opening to the point where I let the less egregious stuff slide more often.

First of all, paragraphs please! Breaking up a huge wall of text goes a long way.

Second, you got a ban not once, but twice meaning you were constantly doing this behaviour and decided to keep doing it.

I have no doubt that you’re lying or withholding information to try to make you look better or have people agree with you, but multiple times is a red flag and people see through it.

The system caught you. That’s all there is to it. Live with the punishments and learn from them.

3 Likes

THANK YOU abusive chat is the most useless report option, ok someone mad talked trash and made people angry, IT HAPPENS it’s an online game with a bunch of strangers trying to communicate of course someone’s gonna get pissed off DOESNT MEAN BAN THEM, I’m sure 90 percent of the people who are reported for abusive chat are having a bad day or game which is so ridiculous because there’s nothing you can do about it so there’s no need to ban that person, everyone has those days and they shouldn’t be punished for it and neither should the people who respond to it since it’s not their fault thank you, finally someone who can see past the “toxic” wall

1 Like

So punish those people to get rid of that behavior and be decent humans once more
|+ for blizzard for making world better place.

TL;DR;

It’s a report option because Blizzard wants to enforce a nice and welcoming atmosphere to Overwatch

It’s only good Business.
Preventing bullying not only looks socially responsible, but also increase the customer base and purchases.

The system is broken and wrong it fails to see the real problem

2 Likes

Right… But I have never had a day like that. I keep it to myself and expect the same. You can go scream in a pillow or something for all I care. Just leave me out of it unless you want a dank report.