Why I will quit if 2-2-2 ever comes to overwatch

You click to start a normal game, the matchmaker chooses from a pool of players that are close to you, so your connection is as fast as possible.

When you make or join an LFG, the group your joining could be on the otherside of the country, so, depending on how far your teammates are, you games could be considerably more laggy then just going into a regular game, making for a worst playing experience.

That’s the price we pay for the bad side of the community that have done nothing but play a dysfunctional game of team comp chicken when it comes to who will/will not switch for needed roles on a team. Driving people into play roles they don’t want to play, might not even be able to play but still try being ya know, they want to win. Making a loss feel even worse.

It wasn’t too bad the first year or even the 2nd year of the game but now it’s gotten real bad.

Sure people have wanted role queue for a long time but they seemed ok with some sort of soft queue. Where you kind of sort of try to have match making avoid throwing 5+ of one hero main on a team etc.
The huge leap over to just straight draconian 222L + role queue + hopefully per role SR is a direct result of selfish jam your hero into the team +1 DPS players, in many cases on Alt accounts bought to do nothing but jam +1 more DPS into a team in the first place.

There will be some growing pains if/when we move over but long term it’s for the best much like how 1HL worked out fine.

2 Likes

LFG system.

LFG system, role que wont force this.

every game is winnable, you dont just lose because of quad dps.

then dont play it, use LFG to avoid having to play it

Then your not playing quad dps right,

this I can’t really argue against. balance probably would be better but I dont think its worth getting rid of so much of the games selling point (atleast for me)

3 Likes

Hes referring to me lol. The hypocrisy is next level considering u have made no effort to see things from the POV of pro-222 people and instead only judged me purely off my tag. How immature

1 Like

Everyone keeps saying this argument. What are these points that are so important?

You say you have won more games as Quad DPS then you lose. Well, I have rarely if ever won a game with a quad DPS line up, if they remained that way til the end.

1 Like

No. Quad dps by default gives me as WB less support to do what i can do with him and makes it less enjoyable due to that.

okay, maybe thats because you don’t know how to make it work? maybe its because half of all players immideatly get tilted the second they see more than 2 dps,

because that solves the balance issue that are ripple over the entire game now due to Blizzard trying to fix the 3-3 meta in OWL? It addresses the issues people think per role SR will help match making wise?

Player also don’t want to subjugate themselves to an arrogant lobby leader who is making demand about see this profile and what your win rate and what blah blah blah… for some random trash gold SR game.

Now it’s fine to be anti-222… I have no problem with that but at the same time it’s disingenuous to wave off a 222L + role queue + per role SR system + balance for 222 as being same same as the current LFG system. To be fair, I have no problem with admitting that some of the pro-222 side is over hyping possible in game options or system that we have no idea are/will be added in the first place.

4 Likes

okay then dont play with those players. Make your own group, if you dont want to show your profile or deal with people like that then just dont join their group.

I am a tank player. I have played tanks for over 800 hours. Its not the tanks job to make 4 DPS comps work. A 4 DPS comp relies on the 4 DPS being able to eliminate the enemy. Against 2/2/2 the comp is statistically weaker from all points.

If you are winning more 4 DPS comps then not then you are the outlier.

2 Likes

Okay, goodbye! Good riddance! The less inflexible DPS mains there are to carry and clog up queue times the better.

Thanks for being a good semeritain and helping out the game!

3 Likes

ok… so I don’t play with them, I make my own group and get the perfect 222 team and…

oh wait NOTHING about the fixes I want with a 222 + role queue, + 222 balance or per role SR are in place. My DPS player at 3k is a gold Brig one trick who figured a 3k+ LFG could just carry them, so they joined my group as DPS. I have no idea about that being there is no per role SR right now.

Then game balance wise, we get ran over by whatever is the next or current wonky over stack meta based off hero patches looking to fixed OWL level 3-3 play. Either that or the game is an easy cake walk being your “just use LFG” idea doesn’t address role queue and the OTHER team got 5 Reinhardt mains and a one trick Mercy main.

You’re kind of doing the same thing when I mention I’m making home made pizza to a friend and they come back with “Just buy a frozen” one. It’s not apples to apples…

I don’t play dps. I play support heros with a touch of symmetra when I’m in groups.

Symm is a DPS. I saw your other comical post about DPS Moira. What can I say? Have fun dropping ranks and getting banned from comp?

Your exactly the kind of player that needs to be permantly removed from the game.

5 Likes

how will 2-2-2 stop this? people playing characters they dont know?

And be paired with organized 6 stacks? Yeah no thanks. Order vs inorder will cause several losing problems. At least if a 2v2v2 matches against an organized 6 stack they should have some possibility of winning.

1 Like

Is role queue, aka 2/2/2, somehow going to force you to play heroes you have never played before? And if so, how?

This season I have 10x the time on mercy as I do sym. 1 hour on sym and ten on mercy.

hypothetical, I was going into the shoes of a dps player who doesnt want to wait. I dont even play moira in the first place.

I’ve heard this so many times. I went up ladder playing symmetra 2.0 because I didnt rely on my team as much, I’ve heard it so many times that I start to think that maybe your the one who doesnt belong in this game.

1 Like

Blizz doesn’t revert things, there is no try.

3 Likes

no but dps players are going to be playing the dps tank hybird heros (zarya roadhog) because I think they’d rather deal with playing that then que times.

people will still que up for dps when they’ve only ever been tank/support players.