Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State

The suggested idea is not a revert. It is an actual rework. More than Valkyrie was.

Also, calling players which just want Mercy back with Mass Res a “cult” is just idiotic considering how many players from different ranks, different heroes and such share that opinion. Even some YouTubers and a few Pro players said that The old Mercy was better/That Team 4 should go back to Mass Res.

Just be mature and not so blindly offensive.

We have our reasons, we want the game to be in the best state possible for everyone. That can’t be achieved with the current version of Mercy, which everyone agrees on and a majority also agrees on the fact that Mass Res should return with a bigger rework.

There is nothing wrong about that, but it again raises the question. Why are you even in this thread if you don’t want to properly discuss it’s topic?

And about that “Blizzard does not want it”.
The customers clearly want it. And ignoring the wishes of them will bite them at some point really badly (Not only in terms of Mercy).

9 Likes

Except, they never did.

7 Likes

I’m sorry for the small 2-3 guys that form the “Mass rez won’t come back” cult, but you repeating the same nonsense infinite times won’t change a thing.

I’m sorry, but NO ONE is happy with this toxic garbage of design. Not the pros, not the streamers, not the players. Valk is bad and unhealthy design, and E rez is unbalanceable and contradicts Mercy. Both need to go for everyone’s good. After that, rez must be placed elsewhere, as it’s too important for her.

Yeah… free speech all you want, but we made a discord channel with Mercy players from all ranks and opinions, from bronze to t500. We discussed, showed our opinions, suggested things and voted. The result is what Titanium has said. So talk about free speech if you want, but I’m afraid, your free speech is not going to work…

No proof of that, unless you are talking about instant mass rez with i-frames and no E ability. If that is the case, we could talk about it, but then remember that valkirie was removed because Blizz didn’t like it, the same as E rez with stationary mode and trash 50 hp/s healing. I’m afraid that something is going wrong with your logic, since we are now living the biggest revert in Ow’s history and we are calling for a rework that would send us way forward.

Bring back valk + E rez again with stationary mode + reverted healing + accidentally changing GA =/= revert?

Okay, then by all means

Bring back mass rez changed + completely new E ability + changes to her passive + reverted reverted healing (60 hp/s again) + rest untouched =/= revert

I’ll refresh you what a revert would be, despite I know that you will ignore it and keep with your free speech

Bring back mass rez as it was + no more E ability + reverted reverted healing (60 hp/s) + reverted GA changes = revert

This is irrefutable, so please, stop pretending that we are calling for a revert when it’s completely false.

P.S.: If you really think that we are just 4-5, I suggest you to take a look at the OP’s likes. As far as I’m concerned, they are very far from that amount. 445 are more than 4-5 btw…

8 Likes

Teenaged angst? Do you realize how incredibly petulant you sound right now? And Blizzard already proved themselves out of whack by saying Mercy was supposed to be about x and y, and did everything the opposite of x and y. That is on them.

7 Likes

This is a great post. Upvoted.

I actually had the same idea of pacify. but the way I see it here looks so much better than what I had in mind

4 Likes

Only read the first ~800 replies, so sorry if I’m repeating someone else, but how about scrapping Damage Boost and replacing Mercy’s alt-fire with the pacify debuff that locks on to enemies?

I’ve seen lots of differing opinions about the Blue Beam, saying that it’s both OP and UP. My opinion: I don’t want a core part of Mercy’s kit to be about hurting.

“Pacify” debuff tied to the staff makes the ability unable to be spammed ( cuz you can’t heal at the same time ), and opens up 1 button to action map on console ( no need to have 2 staff buttons, cuz you’d never need to heal an enemy or debuff an ally ).

As for an E ability, I think some iteration of a “Guardian Spirit” ability would be good. I think 50 HP/sec is viable if Mercy could heal 2 targets at once. Also, to clarify in case I’m refrencing a different ability idea, I’m talking about mercy placing a buff on an ally within LOS that heals the ally whenever mercy does healing to a different ally. Potentially for a percentage of her standard healing.

Thoughts?

1 Like

Yes but at the same time it is costing people their games in competitive… like no jokes… there are still plenty of DPS players who always dive in expecting Mercy to be some mass res miracle worker.

If you are a DPS player, have you ever stop to think, ok Mercy cannot mass res, I best not over extend myself and get killed.

6 Likes

We’re going back to a discussion we had half a year ago. Doing a rework like that is accepting the fact that Mercy as a concept is dead.

Also, Damage boost has its own use and to be fair since Megathread 1, I identified that I do not Damage Boost enough when compared to the best Mercy’s like EeveeA… so since then, I have been working on my offensive assist.

However, Damage Boost requires your team mates to have good aiming and the ability to make kills when boosted.

In terms of the idea for pacify, debuffing, curing etc… these ideas will work better on a New support hero. I mean, so far some of the ideas for Mercy has actually appeared on Moira and Brigitte.

Early megathread suggested the rolling both means into one and having it shoot out, proving both healing and damage boosting.

Moira got Coalescence.

The Overflow idea, where if Mercy case res, she can provide extra HP to people, that idea was given to Brigitte.

1 Like

This is an excellent point. DPS mains are so used to her bailing them out and I have seen some awful dps play since the nerf. I’m accused of not healing with moira , or lucio not being the best option here… yeah right… your just pissed you overextended and get to watch the teamfight drom the sidelines because mercy cant bail you out

7 Likes

The subject has come up, both on the Mercy Discord and earlier on this thread.

It’s very important that Pacify be an aim-based ability. Aside from gamesense, Mercy has no transferrable skills on top of being the hero that new players are pointed to.

You can imagine how this is a bad combination. Mercy having a single aim-based ability gives those players who’d never played a shooter before an introduction to mechanical skills, without demanding that “killer instinct” people normally only learn after playing shooters for a while. Learning to use Pacify gives those new players a jumping-off point when it’s time for them to branch out to other heroes.

Removing damage boost wouldn’t be a good thing, unless it was replaced with a different effect beam. Beam juggling is a big part of Mercy’s skill ceiling, and if you remove one of the beams it lowers the ceiling by a significant amount.

5 Likes

I see that the devs STILL haven’t replied to this, even though it has nearly 1200 replies an is nearing 500 likes, which means it’s one of the most-liked threads on the new forums.

But blue beam is being replaced by an effect beam?

Also, I don’t see how a canonball sized HITSCAN beam is remotely a skill-shot. The specs of that would need to be changed imo to achieve the sort of “training wheels” ability people want. Also, I think the debuff duration should be toned down if it’s on CD.

I still want Blue Beam gone and am interested in the other ideas for its replacement that I haven’t read yet.

The thing about Moira is that she isn’t a Main Support like Mercy in the sense of consistent Raw Healing. There is a reason why they added such a vicious DPS style to her character. She is suppose to DPS occasionally and balance her duties as a DPS/Healer.

If people need a Heal slave, they should run Mercy. Moira isn’t the type of hero that reliably churns out healing nor is she the type of hero that works well in a Death Ball/Team that likes to stall and slowly poke at the point/choke because her resource is very limited.

Rather than burning up your heals and orbs on a team not making progress, you could actually benefit your team more by making a quick pick on their supports or squishy DPS and reduce thier numbers. Heck, there are times when the Moira can DPS better than the so called DPS main, because Moira is making picks, not ult farming for that sick team wiping Dragon Blade, PoTG.

1 Like

They are just embarrassing themselves once again. Nothing new here. I know I shouldn’t be disappointed, but unfortunately I am. It’s hard when you still expect some level of decency out of people. It’s been a year now. This would be the best thread to respond to, but we all know they won’t take this opportunity.

4 Likes

I still have a little hope that maybe, just maybe, they’ll see it and say something, even if it is about something stupid, lile her pickrate.

Well… That would kill a lot of polish from her, something which even Pacify could not fix.
In terms of gameplay it would only be as if you remove Reinhardt’s shield.
A very bad move which would make fixing her even more a problem.
It works and is okay. It already got a pointless and inconsistent nerf, thats more than enough.

You already can’t spam it. It has a CD and a cast time, the cast stops her healing/weapon.

That sounds way to difficult to implement and kills the weakness “Solo target only”

Debuffing a single enemy’s damage output for damn near 40% of the game is spammable, or at least oppressive. CD would reset on cast, so there’s 4 seconds of debuff, 6.5 seconds no debuff, repeat. All while healing/Damage boosting. ( except for a total of .75 sec )

I’m open to other “E” abilities, I just think 50hp/sec is what a lot of people want, and this could lessen the impact of the healing nerf.

Reins shield is not equal to blue beam, it’s equal to yellow beam.

Ana and moira are burst healers.

mercy is our only pure healer.

the rest are off healers.

which are loosely just hybrids with light heals and high utility

we need more pure healer options as mercy is our only real option currently.

mercy just has a power bubble currently like rein used to before orisa was added.

So is Ana’s sleepdart spammable? Or oppressive?

2 Likes