Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State

This thread reminds me of Fox News lol

Your post reminds me of someone which is incapable of responding propperly to a big, well written and received thread :thinking:

Seriously, why are you even writing stuff in here if you don’t care/don’t want to properly discuss the topic?

4 Likes

I haven’t seen anyone successfully rebuttal this thread/post, I wonder if the devs will ever respond to it. :> What do you guys think they’d say?

Edit, here’s my guess: “Mercy is fine and we disagree with the notion that she is “unfun to play”.” Looool.

3 Likes

Probably just nothing as stubborn as they are, especially with the recent patch.
The balance changes are quite heavy (not Mercy’s nerf. that changes almost nothing apart from making her even more frustrating to play and less polished).
It will take weeks again to see how she lands.

Blizzard gave us their reason as to why mass rez was leaving in 2017. Titaniums teenage angst has yet to disprove the way Blizzard feels about their own character.

1 Like

Bahaha, sorry hun, but your “Teenage angst” comment is nothing against Titanium’s extremely detailed and well written post. This is not a rebuttal, this is just a sad stretch to try and insult someone.

10 Likes

And the community gave them many, many more reasons why the old Mercy was better and that a lot enjoyed Resurrect Mercy far more.
Suggested tons of ways to fix her and to make her fun again.
And the big amount of positivity and agreement this thread so far received, underlines the fact that Team 4 is wrong about that fact even more.

On top of that… Get a new cassette tape. I already told you that, but really. Get out of that box your in.

His way of arguing is far more mature than yours. I wouldn’t say that, besides the fact that it’s offensive as well.

13 Likes

no no

they will not even address that she is unfun

they will say : her pickrates are fine,she’s still most picked healer,there is nothing wrong!

They cant admit she is not fun.

People NEED healers in a game to win

Mercy is the EASIEST healer for ANYONE to play. And especially at 60 HPS the most solid healer if you solo heal. And there is rez,in a fight with only mild pressure she can stall a point forever. She can also jump to highground if her teammates are there and command the battlefield with ease.

Moira is strong but trickier and in a prolonged fight she will run out of heals.

Ana is hard.

Brigitte,zen and lucio are not main healers.

Conclusion: Only moira is a true alternative to the power of mercy but has a few weaknesses mercy doesnt have.

So Devs talking about pickrates is not relevant,as mercy will always be the most picked healer in all tiers overall.

They will not acknowledge she is unfun,admitting that will be admitting they failed the rework

6 Likes

I don’t think this version will have many mass rezzes with the cast time, coz it would be used when you have teammates alive.

3 Likes

The same revert mercy cult repeating their opinions to the point of spam is not giving Blizzard any reason to change their mind about Mass Rez.

If you guys want to sit here and pretend youre part of a movement for the better then go ahead. Its free speech.

Just dont expect Mass Rez to return. Blizzard does not want it, and that alone carries more weight than any argument presented here.

They’d have to actually read our feedback to change their minds at all.

but they don’t, yet here we still are a year after the rework that was supposedly suppose to balance mercy but made her actually op and boring.

the few responses they have given us have all shown how disconnected they are from us as a whole.

4 Likes

They should be disconnected from people who chose to blatantly ignore their stance on Mercy. They dont want mass rez. They have told us they dont want it, and that they have no plans to revert.

Theres no need for them to respond, once again, saying that they do not want mass rez.

I’m not ignoring their stance they said they don’t want a revert.

I say I want a rework.

I see no issue there.

1 Like

I actually agree with a rework, as long as it doesnt involve mass rez lol

Alright we get it you can only repeat the same stuff over and over again. Now while others are able to make a big thread with constructive feedback why dont you try to do the same? Take a look at the proposed changes and tell us your opinion on it instead of telling us that the devs are deaf.
We know the devs are sitting on their ears for some reason but we can still provide constructive feedback and good ideas on our behalf.

5 Likes

Well then go make a thread with how you’d go about making a rework for mercy then.

1 Like

Anyone else see the irony here lol

Mercy could use a new rework if enough people find her uninteresting to play. Blizzard would have to look at her pickrate though and see if the rework is worth the development time. If Mercy is seeing healthy enough play, people cant really argue that shes too boring as people are still logging into Overwatch to play Mercy.

I dont find Valk too interesting, but I do find it to be impactful. I dont think Mass Rez should ever return, and I dont think Valk on E would ever be a good idea either.

Lastly, I think they should keep trying to balance Rez on E. It wont go back to her ultimate so E is the last chance in keeping Rez as part of her identity. I dont want Mercy to lose it.

Because while I am not against a rework, I dont see the immediate need for one either. Pushing a rework also risks the removal of Rez, which I dont think Mercy should lose.

Then make a new rework of rez and valk since they are clearly not working in their current state.

they aren’t healthy as is.

I think they at least owe us a rework. Thing is, as subjective as mere opinion is, pick-rates don’t tell the full story either. Do all these people play Mercy because they enjoy her or because they still feel they have to? Remember when she was virtually in every game, I doubt all those people wanted to play her. The same way people in lower tiers or when comps run a Pharah/snipers might feel they have to have a Mercy to function.

I’m sure there are people who enjoy the current rez, but honestly an ability at most used every 30 seconds (with a slow to boot) in a fast paced game where most abilities have a cd around 8 seconds really isn’t that fun. Don’t mistake this for not understanding why it has these restrictions, just an observation about why I think a lot of people will always be unhappy about it. Mercy’s kit is also, in my humble opinion, pretty non-interactive as is - the only really fun part to me is her Guardian Angel as it allows some creativity with its use after the buff. While Damage Boost takes skill to use to its full potential it’s always going to come down to the skill of whoever you are boosting.

This is why I really want Pacify - I want Mercy to have one thing that’s her own. She should be very dependent on her teammates, but I think we can allow her this much independence.

And I really think Valkyrie needs a big overhaul or preferably a complete rework to make that part of her feel more engaging. I’m fine with some ults having little interactivity (both Sound Barrier and Transcendence don’t exactly have “fun” mechanics) but they compensate it with a satisfying burst.

9 Likes