Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State

Just wanted to bring here some mechanics, that could benefit not only Mercy, but other healers as well:

• team-based regeneration. When support heals teammates, their own health is healed at 20% of health they recover on teammates;
  • healing ramp-up. Longer teammate stays unharmed after being wounded, higher healing per second on them is. Encourages falling back to be healed, without affecting support’s power during combat;

I like the healing ramp up idea. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why not a middle ground? Give her a cooldown to boost her healing to Valk levels while still getting the mutli-heal but take away the flight? It would allow Mercy to have a more consistent on-demand Oh !@#$ heal without making the new E OPAF.

That way you wouldn’t even need to include the heal with her ult and just have the LoS restricted res.

It would also have the added benefit of placing more emphasis on her superjump tech in order to achieve the highground or escape a flank in an emergency.

I dunno, just throwing it out there as food for thought.

2 Likes

Yeap, you nailed it. The end goal is to make Mercy a main healer again, instead of a rez-bot who does 2k whenever she goes battle Mercy on Valk. If ever flight IS retained on valk on E, it’ll just be to cater to battle Mercy fans, who should be playing DPS or Zen in the first place if they prefer that sort of playstyle.

It’s aligned to my thinking that every personal outlook and/or temperament should have a place in Overwatch: the fierce protectiveness of tanks, the confident cunning of DPS, and the positive mental attitude of supports whose constant struggle is to keep it together against withering fire.

3 Likes

I think the idea of the Battle Mercy is the worst thing to ever happen to her. Sure, it can be fun to go Battle Mercy in a QP and pop off with a 3 or 4k because it’s, well, QP.

Her pistol should literally only ever be used as an “Oh gods below everything has gone wrong and I need to squeeze out as much ult charge before I die as possible”

Kinda like, y’know, baby D.va.

1 Like

Yeap. If you make champions or heroes in a game, they’ll choose to main heroes that resonate most with their personalities (aka games as reflections of players’ personalities), and not all have the killer/DPS mindset. I think Blizzard is starting to have a poor grasp of the kind of personalities the OW heroes represents.

1 Like

It’s upsetting, that this mechanic exists in game, that was created more than 10 years ago, yet Overwatch doesn’t have it.

As devs of that game explained, they found, that players would prefer to die in fight, than retreat, because it’s faster to keep fighting, die, respawn and return, than retreat, be healed and return. They didn’t want to make healing too strong during active combat, and instead, introduced dynamic healing rate.

3 Likes

Mercy is already a main healer…no need to make changes to get her to where she already is

In my opinion, a good Mercy player uses all of her kit, including but not limited to her vastly underrated pistol, using a given piece when circumstances call for it.

In my opinion, placing an artifical limit on the use of any part of her kit, as this statement recommends, is like going hammer-only Torb or no shield Rein.

I see people calling her Battle Mercy or threatening to (falsely) report the player when she pulls her pistol for a shot or three, and I find this rather silly

Any good DPS worth their salt knows the value of avoiding damage by A-D strafing, peek shooting, shooting from cover (especially accepting body blocking from tanks and support, which I think is a form of shooting from cover), and having an exit strategy (a plan of retreat) when going into a fight. It’s weird that what players want runs counter to the skills the game requires.

As it is, I practiced those skills, not in Overwatch, but in different games, because the time-to-kill (TTK) in Overwatch is so low I could not perform those skills and be only partially successful.

No matter how hard you avoid damage, some random shots will hit you.

And how is it weird? Players don’t like to wait for healer to patch them up, to charge back into fray.

He is stupid kid. nothing more

That people lose their common sense/survival instincts where games are concerned. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Facts.

1 Like

I see you’re mans of knowledge.
It’s always the same people with 23432141305 alt accounts.

This Mercy threads, hate-trains, helped a lot on that level.
I’ve warned this would happen a few months ago but nobody listened. You not only deserted the game, you deserted the forums because General Discussion turned into a “Mercy Discussion” for 6+ months.

At that time the game didn’t had problems. It only had Mercy.
Is it so hard to understand the Mass-Rez and OP Mercy metas made most part of the hardcore fanbase leave? And the ones who stayed, ended up moving away after that spam wave?

I consider myself a very active player and even that made me quit the game for 3 months. It was simply ridiculous to see and presence. It was impossible to deal with such a imature wave of people spamming and attacking players and devs.

We got what we deserved. Fanbase killed it’s own favourite game.
Overwatch is dead, it’s a fact. But it wasn’t Blizzard the one who killed it.

When Mercy main thread from Slyther (which applied a lot of time doing it) said 43.8% of players want some form of Revert to Mass Res… You can see how delusional Mercy fanbase was at that time (and some still are).
More like 43% of our main and alt accounts want it, a 0.8% we go with the spam train we made and the hateful videos the other girl made calling devs trash.

You did it all wrong. Now, deal with it.
Overwatch can die, but Mercy will die with it. And that’s great news.
And it makes me sad to see that some serious Mercy Main did try to solve the issue properly with good suggestions, but the wrong people raised the wrong cause and voice and they fell into oblivion, obviously.

Except its really not though :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Got 0 alt accounts, so I don’t know what are you talking about.

And if Overwatch dies, it would be great news. Especially if combined with Blizzard going out of business.

Just to remind you: pre-rework Mercy was NOT OP. Annoying, which is understandable, but far from being overpowered.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t consider that great news.

It seems like it’s only way forward. Who knows, maybe someone else will make new game and won’t be consumed by greed.

Why would it be the only way forward?