Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State

Read the post, interesting read.

2 Likes

Hard push, nope. Sustain a push, maybe. React to a counter that isn’t burst based – what isn’t burst-based these days?

And I don’t see valk as a decisive counter to an ult in those reasons, which is what mass resurrect used to be.

It’s bad gameplay. Prior to valk, mass resurrect is one of the longest to build up, and is definitely the longest to use in OWL. The specific circumstance to use it is similar to the way Zen’s transcendence is used on OWL these days – save the team, attempt to reverse a lost team fight.

Valk is arguably more versatile, but it doesn’t deliver the same decisive result a good trans or a good sound barrier does.

To be specific, an ult that is ONLY usable to save a team will more often than not result in lost team fights when said ults are used – statistics in OWL supports this, and is the reason why Zen’s trans currently has similar low team fight win rates as mass res Mercy when PharMercy was a thing. It’s also the reason why Mercy was so niche in high level play prior to valk, and that’s the way old-school Mercy mains like it.

ON A SIDE NOTE: Lucio’s sound barrier + speed boost is the preferred means to initiate, not Zen trans + Lucio speed boost which saw some use during dive meta. I am mentioning this because Zen trans and Lucio sound barrier is more versatile than Mass Rez in that it can be used either to save a team from an ult combo, or it can be used to initiate a team fight, either defensively to save or offensively to take initiative. Mass Rez is unique and niche because it is the only ult which can be used solely defensively, to save a team.

The ones with a hero fantasy does. And that is what OW used to be, until the current watered down DPSWatch it is currently becoming.

2 Likes

Often you can sustain push without it. And usually support ult is there for some unexpected situations, like enemies having way better aim and dealing a lot of damage right through normal healing.

If 50 hps aren’t enough to sustain team, who said that 60 hps will be?

Versatile, yet not good enough in any of choices. Even Coalescence provides more decisive results.

2 Likes

Hmm, honestly, even 60 hps isn’t enough to heal tanks. I feel that best is 70 burst heals to reverse body shots from a single DPS is good, gotta back off when hit with head shots. This is the primary reason I don’t consider Mercy to be a main healer anymore – her healing isn’t enough for tanks.

So when a game starts and a team mate picks Mercy, I go for Zen in the hopes that 50 + 30 HPS is enough, and even then our tank line backs off when there are too many enemy DPS focusing the tanks.

Lol, I can think of one case – damage boosting an ulting Genji.

I get decent results when using Valk to alternate heal and damage boost a 5v5, but then OWL game play isn’t the same as ladder or QP, the emphasis is getting picks, so there’s a lot of memorable battle Mercy moments in OWL as compared to ladder or QP. I often do battle Mercy, but it’s harder because the instincts of players in ladder and QP is to back off when at a sudden disadvantage, not to go all in dying on point/payload for a reset.

Coalescence is very good, definitely feels better than Valk.

1 Like

Somehow in my games it’s opposite - players rush towards their deaths, as soon as I start healing them. Unfortunately, it’s usually not on objective, and it’s not coordinated rush either. No retreats either - fight goes on, until only two most cautious players are left alive.

It’s possible to sustain push without Valkyrie, if your team is already winning, since Valkyrie doesn’t turn tables. Found it useful to avoid annoying flankers, though.

3 Likes

This is factually incorrect because this discussion was not formed on the basis of that.

The original post is clearly about her not being in a good state.

6 Likes

That wasn’t me that was the guy who responded to me

Word “factually” been thrown around for so long, that it, factually, lost any value.

3 Likes

F a c t u a l l y

And also I was being s a r c a s t i c when I said that it made me angry. Haha

1 Like

Factually, refusing to use the full kit (including but not limited to Mercys pistol, in this case) of a hero - any hero - is not a character problem – it is a player problem

I believe I have not violated any forum rules with the manner in which I reply or with my use of terminology

Factually, Valkyrie has many, many advantages over Coalescence, and is far more versatile as well

Factually, if a post says x is bad, and one believes that x is good, it is well within the topic of discussion to reply that x is good.

ah, ok, my bad…

Personally, I find it retains its value regardless of the number of times it is used

With apologies, I didnt note any sarcasm in said post.

good to know, tho.

1 Like

This dude just posted 8 replies in a row with absolutely no content and we’re still arguing with him tho, it may be time to stop answering to this guy

7 Likes

Factually, most (posibly all?) of the posts I am replying to were made while I was asleep, and as such, I replied to them when I was awake (and at a computer) once again

Factually, it is a good idea for every human being to sleep

This reply has nothing to do with the post in which you were replying to:

The person you replied to was saying that all eight of your replies (at the time) held no content (in their eyes). The person was not questioning the timeframe in which you made those eight replies.

1 Like

Factually, it does.

Factually, many posts were made while I was asleep.

Factually, I do not reply to posts while I am asleep

Factually, when I woke up and got to a computer I then read and replied to them

Factually, since no one appears to have replied to the same thread while I was replying to these posts, I have several posts in a row

Factually, the person I replied to stated that I had made 8 posts in a row, as quoted above