Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State

This thread is for discussion about Mercy’s state and how it’s fallen into an unsatisfactory position. Are you here to contribute to the conversation or here to heckle?

11 Likes

Several people have already typed this and added nothing to the conversation.

:man_shrugging:

Plus heckling people who are having a good discussion about a hero they used to enjoy is a waste of time.

especially when you don’t refute their points at all.

12 Likes

In my opinion, this thread is also for discussion of how she has risen to her current strong, balanced, impactful, and fun state

This is factually incorrect as she is none of those things.

7 Likes

Although the above is stated as fact, I find it to be opinion, and I disagree with that option

Many others have stated that she is strong, balanced, impactful, and fun more or less across this and many other mercy-related threads in these forums

In your judgement, she is not any of these, and I understand that. Your judgement leads to your opinion, and thats fine. There is no requirement that all persons posting here agree on anything

Did… did your read the opening post? This thread is for COMPLAINING about Mercy’s state. If you want to praise it, please make a separate thread and do so in there. Praising Mercy’s state in this thread is wildly off-topic.

4 Likes

I dont believe that to be the case

If someone were (for example) to make a thread declaring that hero x is the worst DPS, I believe it would be entirely topical to for someone to post statements to the contrary, whether it’d be “actually, x is the best dps” or “x isnt the best dps, y is the worst” or simply “heres why x is a good/great dps”, or etc.

That just kinda sounds like spam to me :thinking:

Disagreeing and explaining why is one thing.

Making post after post after post saying the same handful of phrases with nothing to back it up is spam.

5 Likes

50hps and fan the hammer and tank meta came back :woman_shrugging:t5: if you aren’t a dev, youre not really offering insight with this.

Somehow people still want to live, even without mass resurrect to bring them back. And since other ults don’t offer enough sustain for DPS…

1 Like

I dont see it that way.

In any discussion of x is undesirable/wrong/bad/etc, there is the counterpoint to be made that it is not any of those things

Factually, yes.
Factually, I didn’t even know factually was a word before I met you.
Factually, we’ve had a few debates on these forums but I would really like to queue up with you, haha.

In my opinion, I have offered a great deal of analysis and explanation over the course of this and many other mercy-related threads

There are times where my entire statement is that a simply disagree, but this is generally after I have offered the explanation/reasoning and they reply maintains that I am wrong. In such a circumstance, I am left with offerring the same explanation or simply restating my disagreement

Most others do

you saying the burnt piece of bread is still good doesn’t suddenly make the burnt bread not burnt.

(and its an analogy so don’t go asking me “how does burnt bread pretain to this conversation”)

4 Likes

I find that to be odd and interesting.

I personally would not want an element I find to be annoying/angering to be added to the game

We know that you like Mercy’s current state and don’t think she needs changes.

We know that your opinion and experience differs from anyone who disagrees with you on that.

We know that you respectfully disagree with the arguments here, and you’ve hammered out the semantics of “ultimate” a hundred times over.

You have said everything there is to say in defense of “Mercy is fine”.

Please say some new things at least. You’ve been repeating yourself for a while, and for what? We’re on opposite sides of the fence and it’s clear that neither party is willing to cross to the other side. I don’t see the point in butting heads.

3 Likes

hard to swallow pill: coming on to this thread only to call it a waste of time is ironically a waste of your time.

1 Like

Factually, I think it’s funny.
So yea.

I would argue the complete opposite.

most of the time that’s your response

don’t really ever see this at all

That’s what your making us do for you.

because you think console is the same as PC when its very obvious its not.

1 Like