Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State

Hide and seek :wink: glad they totally fix that issur

7 Likes

100 armor or Sound Barrier are strong enough to stop at least one ult. Outside of their ults, it’s usually players getting in their aura one by one, to get healed and return to position.

And when I said “if they can help it”, I meant objectives, where team is forced to stick together to stay in the capture area, leaving no choice to keep safe distance.

1 Like

in what game though? Being that spread out is basically asking to be picked off one by one.

Safe distance isn’t that big: just enough to avoid graviton/blizzard catching whole team.

4 Likes

Okay I see your point, but even in that scenario, where’s the off healer with the team saving defensive ult who is supposed to counter that.

Which is why the current Mercy isn’t going so well, like we still have matches where the odd genji just zips in like oh yeah im going to solo everyone on the enemy team

4 Likes

Except mercy’s ult isn’t supposed to stop that? Like, that is what off healers ults are for.

And we still have matches with no second healer…

1 Like

Okay yeah, that’s a problem with the team comp.

Funny thing: if other team actually sticks together, he may succeed with solo ulting them. But if they aren’t, he will kill 1-2 and ult runs out, even under assumption that he is slicing potatoes, which can’t fight back.

1 Like

On the other side of that, the team will have a better chance at ccing him and bursting him down before he even gets a swing in. It’s really a matter of how good the team is. Then again off healer can just pop ult and make sure it doesn’t kill anyone.

Since all defensive ults have unavoidable weaknesses(burst damage/EMP), relying on them isn’t good idea. It’s relying on other team refusing to counterpick.

1 Like

Actually no, by design it only makes her current job easier so she doesn’t have to rely on Guardian Angel or prioritising who to heal.

Unlike transcendence or sound barrier, it isn’t a save the team type ultimate.

With 60 HPS mercy could support people doing dives but with 50hps she starts to struggle. What she can’t heal in base she won’t be able to keep up in Valkyrie. Valkyrie heals no more, No less than what she can I’m base. If Valkyrie feels strings to you, it means you aren’t strong enough to support your team in base form

6 Likes

Unsure what kind of ultimate is that: it’s unable to save even one teammate, like Nanoboost does. Is it even support ultimate?

5 Likes

Its more of a escape tool or “kill that one dps that is trying to 1v1 me” tool then anything.

4 Likes

I completely disagree. And every meta ever does too considering every one of them has had one specifically because it’s reliable for blocking a good number of ults.

Yeah, it does that by healing multiple people at once so unfocused trash damage, which is highly common in overwatch has it’s affects minimized in long team fights.

Yes, that’s what i said too. I’m pretty sure you’re agreeing with me but trying to sound like you’re not?

You’re saying no to both of us saying yes.

“Escape button with charge”
That is sad.
And it should not be the case.

If you are using valk purely to escape, it becomes a very crap ult. But if you aren’t using it to escape, it’s still a crap ult.

People love to talk about how “versatile” it is but realistically you use it for one thing only when you are actually are using it – escape, dmg boost, healing or to kill enemy widow.

If you use it to escape, the rest of your team will die. Like my case with genji blade, if I ulted, I would have saved myself, but genji would have just dashed to someone else and remember he already killed mccree previously. If I was zen, I would have ulted and saved all of us. Valk only safes mercy. Basically my point was, what exactly is the point of valking, if A: If I can escape danger with GA – through skill and game sense and it’s a lot more fun, but because valk can do the exact same thing but by just pressing Q just valk lol, who cares if B: it only helps me and we still wipe, and C: if I was lucio or zen there would be no issue at all.

I can hear someone screaming that lucio and zen are my off healers – no they aren’t Ana is, because Mercy is the off healer now.

If used for dmg boost, you pray to god your team doesn’t get ulted and they know how to push, or you just use it when the enemy is already down 1-3 players. This sounds like high noon level to me tbh. “Oh they are down a couple of people, well I got Q and I don’t want to die while using it so let’s just use it!”

If used for healing, well you are a crap 50hps “main” healer. You got chain heals but they are still 50hps, so once again you pray to god that your team doesn’t get ulted. Oh and hope that they stick together otherwise your chain healing is absolutely pointless, and what the hell did you ult for then, could have just not ulted at all and went about your business like usual.

If you want to pistol down the enemy widow, why are you playing mercy? I always had a gripe with this, I understand why people find it fun but people find it fun out of “lol mercy getting a kill” not because they actually enjoy killing stuff. From my understanding anyone who enjoys playing mercy play her for her pure healer role. I think if her pistol was removed altogether, it would not have any negative impact at all because it just does not matter. I watch OWL, and whenever they show mercy highlights it’s just mercy pistoling… and I just roll my eyes because it’s irrelevant to her playstyle and not what the hero is about at all, that should not be the highlight of playing her.

8 Likes

And that’s why they had to nerf Hanzo ult: it could kill through Transcendence, and game turned into “who gets graviton dragon combo first”. Boosted dragons could not be stopped by any ult.

Metas more and more move to “kill enemy faster than enemy kills you”, thanks to Blizzard efforts. CC helps with that, giving you head start, while enemy recovers.

Well, as escape tool it’s somewhat reliable, since most heroes can’t fly and anti-air ults can be avoided. But using it to support team usually fails, and you return to using it for escape.

1 Like

Yeah that’s why I see it as a crap ult. To me it’s just akin to mccree using high noon for reload. It’s not as bad I’ll admit but it still starts to fall into that category when you use valk as a better GA.

8 Likes

If using deadeye for reload, you have a lot of potential damage to lose. But using Valkyrie doesn’t cost you much support power anyway.

3 Likes