Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State

do you like bananas? i like bananas

His name is Genji.

Is there a list of considered interactions of pacify with other heroes somewhere? I can imagine some nasty ones e.g. using it on the enemy hitscan when playing with a Pharah (RIP console).

Would this make Mercys damage boost more powerful as it kinda negates the effects of pacify (and consequently result in a mercy being picked to play against a mercy)?

I think it counts as a CC and people are not going to like that

I am receiving a lot of solidarity on my blog for the current state of mercy, this shows how this current problem is felt by many not only by users of the official forum. Until now we are at 81 like (on my blog), which counts “only” 400 followers, considering that the blog does not speak of OW, (for which many do not play) the result is surprising. Many have written to me that mercy is now disgusting, they want their old mercy, not OP but the mercy 1.0.
I repeat to everyone, if you have some form of social media, use it to advertise this thread.

2 Likes

Ooh! Can I try?

Yes. Mercy had a “suicide rez” problem when she didn’t have invulnerability, and now we’re adding a cast time on top of taking the invulnerablitiy away. Aside from Mercy’s own survival, rez only being able to help the dead was problematic. If one or two teammates were dead, and another was on critical health, you either

A) rezzed the dead teamamtes, and saw your critical health teammate die shortly after. Then you got yelled at by the person who died right after you rezzed

B) wait for the critical health guy to die, or actively tell him to hurry up. This felt terrible for Mercy’s teammates.

With old rez, Mercy had to survive what killed her teammates in order for rez to be of any help to them. This is another way of saying that a main healer had to be the sole survivor, which is counter-intuitive to the idea of being a main healer in the first place.

Adding a burst heal is the “carrot” part of the “carrot and stick” approach to wipe out hide n rez: the burst heal is best used during a fight, enticing players to use their ult to tempo rez. The cast time/los restriction make it so using rez after the fight’s already over won’t be successful 90% of the time, and just gets the Mercy killed - prodding players away from hide n rez.

Being ult-dependent is bad. If Mercy’s only way to swing a fight is with her ult, then she won’t be viable. After all, why pick someone who can’t make any contributions during the midfight? You’d be better off picking a healer who can help out in the midfight and has a great ult - which would be any healer but Mercy.

I don’t see why not. It sounds like overkill on paper, but look at what the other main healers can do:

Ana can stun someone for up to 5 seconds with one ability, and can completely disable enemy healing and/or give allies a massive healing bonus with another. She can also use her sniper rifle to 3-shot squishies, and it doesn’t even take much time away from her healing - it’s just a matter of who she aims at.

Moira can throw a HoT (healing over time) bomb, a DoT bomb, or damage enemies with a beam that has a massive hitbox and heals herself.

And these are the things that they do on top of their basic healing. What can Mercy do? She can damage boost an ally. She can sometimes take potshots with her pistol, but it takes so much time to swap weapons that it’s not part of her standard gameplay. She needs more to do. I’d even accept keeping Mercy’s healing at 50hps if it meant getting Pacify on E.

The point of all this isn’t to increase her pick rate. It’s to improve the player experience. In fact, if Mercy’s pick rates don’t change at all - or even go down - I’d consider the rework a massive success.

Absolutely. While the number values and mechanics for mass rez and Pacify are up for debate, the general idea behind the op’s rework was to divert mass rez’s excess power into Mercy’s base kit. It’s supposed to make Mercy’s power come from the gestalt of her kit, instead of tying up most of her power in a single ability.

It would make Mercy a counterpick against characters with high damage, but a low fire rate: e.g. Junkrat, Pharah, snipers in general.

We could see the meta diversify to be more friendly towards rapidfire and shotgun heroes, like Reaper and Soldier.

I’d say yes. Ana and Moira would be able to do things that Mercy can’t:

Pick Ana when you need crowd control and shutdown potential, on maps with long, flat sightlines. She’d be picked to counter enemy brawler comps.

Pick Moira for brawler comps that need big burst heals, on maps with a lot of tight spaces. She’d be picked to counter enemy dive comps.

Pick Mercy for dive comps, on maps with a lot of verticality. She doesn’t counter anything in particular.

Each would have their own niche.

Yes. Ana should at the very least get better self-sustain. Maybe give her a passive that heals her when she reloads: 1hp for every dart left in her clip. I’d also consider the idea of her anti-heals persisting after the target’s death, and Mercy having to wait out the cc timer before she can rez them.

Sombra should get her LoS leniency back, and her bugs fixed. I think it’s a cool idea for emp to make souls un-rezzable.

A hero that dampens or negates the enemy’s buffs to each other sounds like an amazing idea.

2 Likes

Okay now i feel stupid lol.
Anyway…

First of all, CC abilities are more abilities which allow you controle the movement/positioning of the enemy (Like stuns and knock backs). Pcify would be more a defensive ability (It’s not changing or controlling the movement of someone).

In terms of how it interacts with other abilities. It could be cleansed just like other debuff’s with Zarya.
And i don’t think that it would be counter Mercy with Mercy. As I already said, many other heroes have abilities which can counter Mercy’s abilitties. Just using Mercy to counter Pacify is more a bad move, because if you would pick another hero you could go against her more effectively.
Enforcing her to not be an allrounder which works in all comps.

Console play is something we need to think about anyway. So that will still take a bit time.

3 Likes

It’s a typo… there was no need to point it out lol

Anyways, the interaction on DPS and how the fights will simulate out will differ from console to PC as well as DPS and Tank interaction.

Reinhardt as a front line tank and Winston as a Dive peeler will suffer if hit by this ability… same with D.Va. To lose a 1/3rd of their damage as they attempt to push the front line and create space means they do not have the ability to do so.

Also since Zen and Ana would be a likely pairing for Mercy for a ‘Debuff era’. Zen would be causing tanks to take more damage Ana can sleep or nade them thus preventing Tanks from being useful.

Not to mention Brigitte doesn’t have that many useful frontline counters. Reinhardt if hit by pacify, won’t actually be able to deal with her.

Also with Pharah situation… it is no jokes that our fellow DPS do not switch to a viable hero to deal with her. Hit scanners like Soldier or McCree will suffer and if they can’t bring Pharah or more specifically… Mercy down from the sky and to make her dead and useless.

The Team will get p off at being bombed and nuked by Pharah and the DPS will just be feeding Mercy for Mass Resurrect and Burst Heal bonus.

Whilst yes Nano Boost can negate it, it is really something that is available often and with Mercy’s damage boost, there is often not that many opportunities to continuously boost someone and once again that means Zenyatta will be her sub support to provide Discord so people take more damage or Ana nades them and people can gain support as we damage deal, thus preventing support feeding.

Also Orisa’s ult isn’t always available either meaning for majority of the time you will be fighting Mercy who can debuff people about 2 to 3 times per 30 to 60 second engagement (depending if it is a short or long engagement). But again when it comes to blocking Pacify, it is down to the reaction speed of the Tanks and quite often, they are already in the heat of battle.

Meaning… just like Version 1.0, we would need dedicated assassins and spawn campers or Witch Hunters to keep Mercy dead and useless and away from anybody so that she can’t actually GA towards… because… you know… no independent ability to mobilise by herself and she only has a peashooter…

Something to keep in mind: Pacify’s duration/cooldown can be made so it has a low uptime, even if the Mercy has perfect accuracy.

It’s why the original proposal puts its duration at 4 seconds, and the cooldown at 10. If the Mercy uses it too early or too late, or on a poorly chosen target, it won’t make much difference. If a 4 second duration is too long, it can be shortened.

The “low uptime” as a way to keep Pacify in check is yet another reason why I push for it to become a true skillshot, that only people with good aim will be able to hit reliably.

Pacify is blocked by shields and eaten by defense matrix, so tanks can outplay Pacify like any other attack. It can be nullified by a Zenyatta discord on the enemy that the Pacified person is attacking, or a Mercy boosting them. But I think that if the situation has gotten to that point, then the red Mercy had really good timing, aim, and target priority.

9 Likes

Nearly 1400 Hearts, a month later and the discussion is still going strong, holy cow. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

And still no dev comment :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It is an open debate and we’re civilise people, unlike the trolls who only scream at us ‘OH BUT MERCY IS BALANCE SHE FIXED AND VALKYRIE IS PERFECT!!!’

After all, we can’t refine an idea without first discussing it.

Thank you, I was actually reading and replying in between work which wasn’t really a good idea and I couldn’t remember all of Titanium’s proposal.

So Suicide res was definitely an issue. But at the same time, regardless of how bad it was… it allowed Mercy to offer a form of payment for the revival of 5 players.

Naturally people argued about it, but similar to the D.Va rework… once people got round to playing with Invulnerable, the argument died because it was a Quality of Life improvement.

Yeah sadly there were also other situations as well that got us into a number of drama’s like…

C) Returning from Spawn and desperately trying to get back in time to save everyone but their either respawn or you miss that one soul on diving in

D) Disengaging from an Ultimate to ensure that we survive until the very end to overturn the situation.

Res too early was bad, res too late was bad… returning from base was inexcusable for some reason and disengaging ended up annoying the enemy team.

Yes but this is natural in a lot of games with heroes like Mercy or specifically in MMORPG’s which Mercy’s character is basically base off of.

The Healer should always be the last to fall, to die midway during a raid or conquest is a crippling blow.

Even in war, to have a medical unit annihilated is a definitive blow against the enemy.

For Mercy to survive, is not a crime. It just doesn’t feel good for the Tanks and DPS who are trying to eliminate the enemy forces but cannot eliminate the Support.

Mercy’s Invulnerable allowed for repeated resurrections, coupled with her 60HPS consistent healing, she was powerful enough to carry the large bulk of Support by herself.

At the end of the day the only solution was to remove Mercy from the fight whenever possible to reduce her impact by keeping her dead. The longer she is allowed to live and make her plays by healing, she would become an indisputable threat that simply cannot be ignored.

Acknowledging the threat during game play is one thing… but actually eliminating her is another.

I agree, there has to be an incentive to dive in knowing there is a way to survive. But coupled with a cast time (depending how long it is) it could end up with increase failure or being completely irrelevant.

1 Second Cast Time was the cast time from Beta to 1.0… during Beta they had the Res on a Effect Occurs at End of casting meaning for that to be reverted not long after the release on Beta… meant Mercy was most likely getting killed off before succeeding in res.

Also as demonstrated by the 1.75 second, single target Res with cast time… this feature is enough to handicap it’s use to make it question it’s use. Having it lower than 1 second and you may as well have it like the 1.0 where it occurs immediately upon casting to ensure the res goes through.

Line of Sight is enough to draw Mercy out, burst heal will ensure extra survivability, this I cannot deny but the problem is the value that comes out of it.

We already have Zenyatta that has a high HPS ultimate, Brigitte with a decent HPS + Overflow ultimate and Lucio with HP extension via Sound Barrier and of course Ana with her basic Burst Healing function.

The sudden restoration of HP alone is enough to make it a powerful ability and since it is team wide it is literally adding another Ultimate upon an existing ultimate.

Hide and Res is just an accusation… by Game play and Human Tactical instinct alone… the urge to resist and hide from a certain death scenario is too strong. Disengagement will always occur.

It is a matter of human perception towards the given scenario. People only deem us to be ‘Hide and Seeking’ because people of influence are persuading them that we are doing this.

Any rational person will understand that if we were to engage with the team under a certain death scenario, then we too would be blame for the mistake of dying on the battlefield.

It sounds bad to persuade people to die, but to blindly use that as an excuse to push forward a change, is unacceptable. It means we are no better than them… we are just finding an excuse to push a forward feature on a situation that will never go away.

Mercy is actually able to swing a fight just by being kept alive and able to heal. As long as she can heal and support the team, she can undeniably carry that team and elevate that teams performance and keep them in the first for longer.

The only reason she feels bad right now, is because the ultimate is equal to her base kit for anyone who is experienced with the concept and playstyle of Raw Support and Healing to deny death in the first place.

A number of us have the capabilities of Healing to such an extent where we can win matches without the reliance on Resurrect or Valkyrie. Some DPS are so good they don’t need to expend their ultimates.

Was Mercy ever, dependant on her Ultimate? The Answer is no, we don’t spam Res whenever we could… even the average back then were between 6~12 res, with the top tier Mercy’s gaining an average around 12 Res per match.

Beta to 1.0 allowed Mercy to engage from Beginning to end… the 2.0 to current version of Mercy disallows that as it only provides Beginning to Middle Support

Yet the proposed idea suggest that Mercy can give out superior support compared to 1.0, 2.0~2.4 and 3.0~3.2

She can heal as good as 1.0 and if Teams allows themselves to be healed by her and the Player is a good healer. The Mercy will be able to deny death just by healing and being on the field.

Then she can provide additional support by reducing damage and consider an engagement could last about 30 to 45 seconds maybe 1 minute if it is prolonged… it means Mercy can get around 2 to 3 use of damage reduction, even further improving the chances of team mates being killed.

Then to top it off, with the current condition of Ana and Moira… she has two powerful supports that could back her up. Not to mention Lucio, Zen and Brig aren’t half too bad as sub support…

Then even if a kill goes through, there is a Mass Res (which fair enough there is LoS and Cast time Restrictions)… it will allow those who were difficult to kill in the first place to be resurrected once again with the current players on the field gaining an instantaneous burst heal.

There is no compromise to her kit. Every healer has a weakness but Mercy and her problem would then become, she is too powerful of a support with too much support capabilities. Your only option is too keep her dead as often as possible.

Every Support no matter how strong or weak, has a drawback…

Mercy - Lacks offensive capabilities but this was rewarded by her consistent and superior support capabilities with Beta to 1.0

Current Mercy - Lacks an ultimate, Healing is very reliant on the team to actually allow her to heal but is able to heal consistently and has Resurrect but with huge handicaps. (Right now she is arguably over nerfed)

Ana - Essentially she is the only Burst Healer within this game. She was commonly known as a Tank healer. Her drawback is speed, mobility and the dependence on aim but she has the ability to burst heal, buff team mates with Nano Boost and disrupt with Sleep dart.

Moira - Has higher HPS than Mercy and a pretty aggressive DPS play style on her kit that allows her to punish and peel off DPS when required and quite decent mobility. But she is handicapped by the fact her Heals are a form of spray healing… she has to decide on which type of orb to choose and her resource is limited. She cannot raw heal like Mercy on a prolonged and consistent basis and she can’t keep constantly attacking.

Brigitte - She is a close range attacker with occasional burst healing capabilities and the ability to heal people within range of her on a low HPS. However… she is handicapped by the fact that she has to attack and heal and her only independent ability to heal outside of attack in an occasional burst. Meaning she has to fight on the front lines.

Zenyatta - Has the ability to debuff, high HPS ultimate and ability to burst people down with his offensive attacks. Zen downside is the fact he has weak HPS and has to pay attention to who he is tagging. He cannot support by himself.

Lucio - He has been tweaked so much we don’t even know what he is good for. He able to speed boost people to places a lot quicker. He able to heal within a certain area of effect with Line of Sight and can provide sound barriers, but Lucio is handicapped by the mode he can stay in. People have to fight near him and arguably… he is decent for solo stalling until the team returns and prolong a point capture or progress.

Yes but the problem is… if Mercy is restored to her former glory, we are slapping more powerful abilities on top. Even the current healers do not have any additional bonuses to keep them ‘balance’

Sleep dart can keep someone out of action for 5 seconds, which is a nuisance but it is also designed to allow Ana the opportunity to shift locations. But there is a way to remove it which is a drawback to that ability in itself.

However there is two options, either ignore the player, giving them an opportunity to strike the back line once they awake or attempt to kill them and finish them off or regroup in that time and then worry about them later.

Fair enough, Pacify can be blocked by Shield and Barriers but once it sticks, there is currently no way to remove that status effect and if said Tank/DPS is desperately trying to create an opening, then what can we do? If we manage to get that painstakingly important pick to weaken the enemy or manage to get a few kills and put a number of people into around 50% remaining health.

What good is there if Mercy can just go pop, instant Burst to everyone within range and resurrect and then slaps on another Damage reduction.

It is annoying enough that she can heal through the majority of damage. But to also receive sub support, then where does that leave the game? Mercy as a single character would become an even more powerful support being nearly as on past as her 2.1 incarnation.

But by doing so, she is neglecting her duties as a support, which can’t really be helped because there are times where she cannot heal due to limited resource. Not to mention, the reason this feature exist, was yet again an attempt to peel away from the Dive Comp since that meta has been going on for around for a year and Blizzard wants change.

But Mercy is a raw support, her healing is suppose to be superior by design.

Those two, are specialised supports and arguably… until the recent patch, people wouldn’t really call them main supports or alternative replacements to Mercy.

If you need a raw healer/heal slave you would choose Mercy.

If you need a consistent healer you need Mercy.

If you need burst healing you need Ana but you have to expect that there times where shots don’t land. She can spam all the shots she can and it means jack all if it doesn’t hit someone and recovers them.

Moira can churn out all the healing she can, but it doesn’t change the fact she has a limited healing.

Mercy has uninterrupted healing and a consistent one at that. When played correct by the player and the team that has her, she can deny death simply through sheer support and healing.

It was inevitable that her healing was the next to be targeted. We even brought it up in the previous megathread. One of her issues is her healing, it is too good to pass up for other supports because there is no compromise to her Healing abilities.

Yes she lacks additional features like offensive capabilities, and even if you can battle Mercy… it isn’t her primary duty to do so.

To get Pacify on E, we had to compromise another area of Mercy. Retaining 50HPS could be the way to go but we cannot rule out the possibility of it dropping further to 40HPS (I’m not kidding… the sheer fact she can dampen damage and mass burst and res is powerful enough to make up for a 40HPS heal rate)

It will also allow people to retain a reason to play other supports as alternative options.

Yes but right now the goal is precisely that.

Valkyrie… basically the 2.1 Rework was suppose to address this issue. To maintain Pick Rate and make Mercy less infuriating to play against and potentially more balance and reduce her pick rate in favour of Ana, Lucio and Zenyatta (at the time) being picked more as alternative to constantly picking Mercy as a Main.

But the rework went so wrong because the so called nerf/balancer became an unforeseen buff… that all the other supports became obsolete and even the introduction of Brigitte and Moira didn’t put a dent into her Pick Rate.

Nerfing her was the only solution because Blizzard has too much pride to swallow to revert and tweak her and as developers, they don’t want to repeat that cycle again, in fact we have to expect them to be fatigue with Mercy and will not be willing to try any daring changes to her, even if presented with a praise worthy proposal.

Complain all you want, but that’s just how the real world works. Over time, they will revisit her but right now, preserving the equilibrium and allowing change and a shift in Hero Pick Rates is what they are after. Not to potentially give Mercy another change to sit on the 1st place position for another year or creep that ladder.

If we use Pick Rate as an excuse then Lucio should come first over Mercy as he lost half of his Pick Rates for the last 3+ ish months… Mercy on the other hand has fallen roughly to her February value and even back then… they didn’t bother tweaking her because her value was comparable to pre-2.0 rework meaning they achieved their goals at ‘Balancing her’

Whilst yes Mercy and Lucio hasn’t plummeted to the pitiful extent Roadhog did when hook nerf went through… it isn’t an immediate concern because she isn’t in any critical danger of becoming heavily disliked in pick rate standards.

Also Sombra, Torbjorn, Orisa, Mei, Bastion, Doomfist and Symmetra had received reworks/tweaks/modification and focus because these guys share something in common… for 2 years now they have been in the bottom ten of the pick rates… Whilst it isn’t an immediate goal to make them worth of a top 10 pick rate, they want at least a few of them to hit the 11th to 20th position of the pick rates and to have a be selected a bit more as oppose to the constant rotation of Reaper, Solider, McCree, Hanzo, Genji, Tracer, Junkrat, Widow and Pharah.

Whilst the goal isn’t to make them necessarily mainstream, it is to be more flexible and diverse so that there is more shift and changes rather than a fixation on just certain choices.

Modifications will definitely be up for debate but the question is, what has to be sacrificed to ensure Mercy stays balance with her new abilities?

Also with Resurrect, as shown with the skill… it is difficult to balance. The concept and the ability itself is too powerful in its own rights. Too many handicaps could easily render the ability quite worthless and too much of a risk to use.

Too little handicap and Resurrect becomes an ability with unforeseen potential and power.

Her base kit without the E ability is arguably strong, so add another powerful ability and she becomes too versatile. You either compromise the E ability and restrict it (Like they current have) or you sacrifice her base kit and make her weaker.

Quite literally, with that in mind… it means the current Mercy could be balance by reducing the restrictions on Resurrect slightly to allow better success. Which would mean despite the weaker HPS, Mercy still has a strong ability to use… but the problem is… what about her ultimate?

Valkyrie isn’t too bad… but it lacks impact and functionality to make it an ultimate. Which generally leads to us to suggest a reversion.

Yes but if we go off what we have seen in the Korean regional play off… Mercy is still going strong and with Widow and Hanzo in the matches, we are already in a sniper/Long Range combat era. Pharah and Junkrat are optional choices to get around Brigitte and to shatter those Shield tanks.

But Mid and Close Combat are being avoided.

Korean, Japan, Taiwan, Russia, Finland, Hong Kong and Chinese Taipei have showed case this. I have yet to go over the USA regional play off but glimpsing at it yesterday, their play style is vastly different, showing a lack of Mercy.

it depends on what playstyle will stick… but if the Tanks are Dive and the DPS are backline, then depending on the speed of Pacify, it might not even be impactful as not all DPS snipers will be mid to close range and could be far enough to avoid it.

Also it won’t be friendly towards Soldier or Reaper.

Reaper is a close range brawler, so he going to be dealing with the tanks, if he is hit he might not be able to burst them down, thus allowing people to push back against him, giving space to his opposition.

For Soldier or McCree, they are hitscanners that deal with heroes like Pharah. There has been struggles to ground and kill that woman but if they start to struggle more… then there is no choice but to kill Mercy.

So excluding supports… this is what Pacify will do to their base damage…

Tanks

D.Va
  • Fusion Cannon’s: Will be reduce to around 0.4 to 1.34 damage from 0.6 to 2
  • Booster Damage will be reduce to around 6.7 damage from 10
  • Micro Missile will be reduce to around 4.69 Damage (Direct), 2.68 (Max Splash) and 1.34 (Min Splash) damage as oppose to 7 (Direct) 4 (Max Splash) and 2 (Min Splash)
  • Her Pistol will be reduce to 9.38 damage as oppose to 14 damage
    If her ultimate is impacted as well… then it will reduce from 1000 to 670
Orisa
  • Fusion Driver: Will be reduce to 7.37 damage as oppose to 11
    Her ult can recover the damage boosting it to 12.87 damage if it is adding 50% of it’s base as oppose to current damage… if it is current then it will add 3.68 damage, making it around 11.05
Reinhardt

Reinhardt will be swinging 50.25 damage as oppose to 75 damage which considering in a one on one he can barely come out of a clean fight with Brigitte… nerfing him will just allow Brigitte to walk all over him.

• Charge: Impact will be reduce to 201 as oppose to 300 and bumps will be reduce from 50 to 33.5
  • Fire Strike will be reduce to 67 damage as oppose to 100
  • Earth Shatter will deal only 33.5 damage and then he will be dealing less damage whilst under the influence of Pacify.
Roadhog
  • Scrap Gun: will deal 0.89 ~ 4.02 damage as oppose to 1.33 to 6 damage per pellet and per shot, he would do 44.66 ~ 100.5 damage as oppose to 66.66 ~ 150
  • Secondary fire is 33.5 per shot as oppose to 50 and 4.02 per pellet as oppose to 6
  • Hook will deal 20.1 damage as oppose to 30
  • Wholehog will deal 3350 damage over duration as oppose to 5000
Winston
  • Tesla Cannon: will deal 40.2 damage as oppose to 60
  • Jump: will deal 0.67 damage as oppose to 1 on activation and then upon landing it will deal 30.15 damage with falloff depending on distance as oppose to 45.
  • Primal Rage: Will deal 26.8 damage per swing as oppose to 40
Wrecking Ball
  • Quad Cannon: will deal 1.67 to 3.35 damage as oppose to 2.5 to 5 damage
  • Grappling: will deal 33.5 damage at max speed as oppose to 50
  • Pile Driver: Will deal 67 damage as oppose to 100
  • Minefield: If affected will deal 87.1 damage per mine as oppose to 130 per mine.
Zarya

Zarya will gain 1% of damage per energy she is charged so it depends if she gains damage multiplier base on her base damage or current damage.
Particle Cannon: will deal 63.55 damage as oppose to 95 damage per second and 3.35~4.02 damage per round as oppose to 5~6 damage per round.
Her secondary fire will deal 30.15 damage as oppose to 45.

• Graviton Surge: will deal 3.68 damage as oppose to 5.5

Damage Dealers

Bastion
  • Recon gun: will deal 6.7 to 13.4 damage as oppose to 10 to 20
  • Sentry Machine Gun: will deal 5.02 to 10.05 as oppose to 7.5~15 per bullet.
  • Tank Mode: will deal 137.35 damage on direct impact as oppose to 205
Doomfist
  • Hand Cannon: Deals 4.02 per pellet and 44.22 per shot as oppose to 6 per pellet and 66 per shot
  • Seismic Slam: Will deal 32.83~83.75 Damage as oppose to 49~125 (depending on air time)
  • Rising Uppercut: Will deal 33.5 as oppose to 50.
  • Rocket Punch will deal 32.83~67 damage as oppose to 49 to 100 depending on impact with 32.83 to 100.5 damage on impact as oppose to 49 to 150
    Meteor Strike is unaffected
Genji
  • Shuriken: 18.76 damage per projectile (3 projectile per shot) as oppose to 28 damage
  • Fan of Blades is the same as above
  • Swift Strike: Deals 33.5 as oppose to 50
  • Dragon Blade will deal 80.4 as oppose to 120 per swing. Yes you can chuck in a Nano but it depends if it buff current damage or base damage. If at current, then Genji will deal 120.6 damage and if it is base then it will be 140.4 damage per swing as oppose tot he max 180 damage per swing.
Hanzo
  • Storm Bow Arrows and Sonic Arrow: will deal 19.43 ~ 83.75 damage as oppose to 29~125 damage per shot depending on charge
  • Storm Arrows: Will deal 46.9 damage as oppose to 70 per shot
  • Dragon Strike: Will deal 83.75 Damage on the initial shot as oppose to 125 and then 100.5 per dragon per second as oppose to 150.
Junkrat
  • Total Mayhem: will deal 33.5 damage as oppose to 50 damage
  • Frag Launcher: will deal 80.4 damage as oppose to 120 damage per direct hit grenade. Max Splash will be 53.6 as oppose to 80 and Min Splash will be 8.37 as oppose to 12.5
  • Concussion Mine: Will deal 80.4 damage at Max Splash as oppose to 120 and then with Min Splash that will be 23.45 as oppose to 35 damage
    Trap: Will deal 53.6 damage as oppose to 80
    If Rip Tire is affected then he will deal 40.2 to 402 Splash damage as oppose to 60 to 600 Splash damage
McCree
  • Peacekeeper: will deal 23.45 - 46.9 damage as oppose to 35~70 damage per shot.
  • Fan the Hammer: Will deal 9.04 to 30.15 damage as oppose to 13.5 to 45 damage per bullet
  • Flash Bang: will deal 16.75 damage as oppose to 25
    Dead Eye shouldn’t be affected so he will still rack up 250 damage per second.
Mei
  • Endothermic Blaster: 1.5 damage per round as oppose to 2.25 damage and 30.15 damage per second as oppose to 45 damage
  • Icicle: 50.25 damage as oppose to 75
  • Blizzard: If affected will deal 67 Damage over duration as oppose to 100 damage over duration
Pharah
  • Rocket Launcher: 80.4 damage on impact as oppose to 120 damage. Max Splash will be 53.6 as oppose to 80 and Min Splash is 13.4 damage as oppose to 20
  • Barrage: will deal 26.8 damage as oppose to 40 per rocket.
Reaper
  • Shotguns: 1.34~4.69 Damage per pellet as oppose to 2 to 7 damage per pellet (Firing 20 pellets per shot) If all hit… it will be 26.8 ~ 93.8 damage over 40 to 140 damage.
  • Death Blossom: 113.9 Damage per second as oppose to 170 and 341.7 damage total as oppose to 510
Solder:76
  • Heavy Assault Riffle/Tact Visor: 6.36~12.73 Damage Dealt per bullet as oppose to 9.5~19 damage
  • Helix Rocket: 80.4 Damage as oppose to 120 on direct impact. Splash Damage will be 53.6 as oppose to 80 damage
Sombra
  • Machine Pistol: 1.6~5.36 Damage per bullet as oppose to 2.4~8 Damage per bullet
Symmetra
  • Photon Projector: 40.2/80.4/120.6 Damage per second as oppose to 60/120/180 damage per second
  • Energy ball: Will deal 4.02~40.2 damage as oppose to 6~60 Damage on Impact/Explosion
    Turrets are unlikely effected.
Torbjorn
  • Rivet Gun: 46.9 damage per shot as oppose to 70 damage
  • Alternate Fire: 4.02~10.05 damage per pellet as oppose to 6~15
  • Hammer: 36.85 damage as oppose to 55
    Turrets unlikely to be affected.
Tracer
  • Pulse Pistol: 2.01~8.04 damage per shot as oppose to 3~12 per shot and 1~4.02 damage per bullet as oppose to 1.5~6 per shot
  • Pulse Bomb: 201 Explosion damage as oppose to 300 and 3.35 impact damage as oppose to 5 damage.
Widowmaker
  • Widow’s Kiss: Sniper: Will deal 8.04 damage as oppose to 12 damage when uncharged. At full charge, she will deal 80.4 damage as oppose to 120
  • Assault Rifle Mode: Will deal 4.35~8.71 damage per bullet as oppose to 6.5~13
    Venom Mine is most likely unaffected

So the impact of Pacify will be quite significant so Mercy will need to have a compromise somewhere… or a nerf to Pacify.

I did realise something though… Pacify will allow for better Battle Mercy play especially in Free for All Modes.

I would say Brigitte will be better for Brawling than Moira… Moira more for Anti-Flank and DPS control.

Also Referencing the commentator from USA Play off for this year world cup.

The Recent Patch to the support, allows Ana to be so much more valuable. She has always been a high difficulty heal where skill is important but it is a more forgiving to miss.

It doesn’t have to be a large open space, Ana is good for support tanks as she was during Season 3~4. As long as she lands her shot, she can burst heal and if she disable someone, she shouldn’t waste that time watching them sleep.

Moira is all about balance of Offense and Healing. Spray when you can but don’t just raw heal. If you can peel off a Squishy support do it then use your resource to heal and then recover that resource by attacking.

Mercy was slandered for about 3 hours in the US play off by the commentator’s but TLDR… even they recognise that the current Mercy requires someone to be around for her to mobilise and move in and out of position. She cannot move without a team mate.

Mercy death is a huge impact and Valkyrie doesn’t do much, you can just throw it out and make your switch. If you team don’t get into position for you to GA or dive in and allow you to support them… then don’t play her. Play someone else, because Mercy is healing less and Resurrect can only bring one person back.

So in short, if Mercy dies, that engagement is usually over and Mercy now needs a disciplined team to play with her. Other than that, she is still versatile for any situation due to her strong healing.

Yep these are the solutions I want to see, this goes beyond a Mercy rework but also how to balance the game as whole.

Ana can retain viability if Nade can also affect the ability to resurrect.

If Sombra had the ability to also cause souls to be un-rezzable then it would boost Sombra’s pick rate.

More CC and Status effect will come out in future… this is inevitable. Of course had there been a decent Hero with decent Dampening or Negate abilities to Buff, then the current idea for Pacify will be justifiable.

But again, it is all debate and discussion. I think it is possible but some adjustments needs to be made :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hmm the problem with time is whilst the ability is strong, we can’t afford making it too short. 3 seconds could be plausible as 2 seconds could be a bit too short.

25% reduction as oppose to 33% could be okay and then having it at 4 seconds is also doable. If 25% is still too much then 20%.

But again, I’m not sure about it being a skill shot. The ease of use for Mercy is what makes her so enjoyable… plus most who start up on her will be coming from MMORPG’s as oppose to shooters.

As for Zenyatta having the ability the cleanse… well we don’t want him as a prime Sub Support for Mercy because he can counter her.

What is really enjoyable right now… is being unable to predict what support they will have at the start… before we would full expect Mercy + something since Season 3…

But after going through the display of the damage affected by Pacify… I sort of self convinced that Pacify will make Mercy a lot more viable in FFA.

We’ll just keep waiting until it comes :slight_smile:

Agreed with everything you said here! Very well put together look at Pacify. I definitely think it could work better at 3 seconds and 25% damage reduction instead of the version stated in the OP.

2 Likes

I don’t think there’d be harm in having one part of Mercy’s kit that takes some practice to use, while the rest remains easy to pick up. I’ll repeat my conviction that such a thing would actually be really good for new players.

As-is, it’s pretty jarring to transition from Mercy to other heroes. If Mercy had a mechanical skill-based ability, new players could practice aiming in a low-stakes environment. If they miss, they can still go on healing and flying around as usual - as opposed to a dps missing and being sent to spawn because of it.

2 Likes

I like how this is practically the new Mercy mega thread.

4 Likes

I mean, much more popular than the trash bin so

1 Like

It has one thing in common though - the same amount of dev response.

10 Likes

You have to praise and kiss up to them to have any chance of getting a reply.

3 Likes

lmao. well I mean not that funny. sigh

Still no Dev comment Yet!
Gotta stay positive.