Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State

I generally prefer to reply to one post at a time

As I understand it, this is permitted by the rules of this forum

Fair enough, but let me point out that in my opinion (and I believe a fair amount of people would agree with that) replying with a single post helps keeping a thread organised and understandable.

3 Likes

As I understand it, both approaches are fine per the rules of the forum

That said, I generally prefer to reply to a single post at a time

1 Like

The troll is getting fatter and fatter. Shall we move on from this bridge?

By the way, did you know Mei does 195 dmg with headshots if she’s boosted? Meaning, if damage boost was 35% rather than 30, dmg boosted Mei would kill 200HP heroes in 1 HS like Widowmaker.

Speaking of Widowmaker, she deals 390 damage from fully charged headshot with 30% boost, thus with 35% she would delete one-shot Zarya and Orisa.

Which means even though Mercy struggles to damage boost <2000 dmg per game, her boost beam can’t be stronger because it breaks thresholds like that. Meanwhile, on average per game, Ana is doing 4000 damage herself, Moira is doing 10k (even assuming half of that is trash damage, still way more than Mercy can damage boost).

Just food for thought.

4 Likes

Intersting, I never did the maths with 35% boost.

That’s good to know !

1 Like

That big gap in damage impact could be remedied by two handed battle Mercy: 🕊[Mercy] TwoHanded Blaster & Staff

Which is just another suggestion to make Mercy better for everyone.

3 Likes

I’m laughing my [REDACTED] off this is so funny to me.
I love where this thread is going.
Megadodo, I love you for this

2 Likes

Correct.

I’ll take your word for this.

Again, I’ll take your word on this.

Factually, the point of the post you replied to was not about the timeframe you made those eight replies. Factually, the post included that you replied eight times in a row to make a point about your lack of content within those eight replies in a row. Factually, you are taking the “in a row” statement out of context to the original post. Factually, you never addressed the point of the post and took a slice of the post out of context and ran with it.

1 Like

Factually, I mostly get something other than love on these forums, so the love is much appreciated

2 Likes

Yay still no dev response to this mess!

Also why are you people still talking to the extinct bird person? I just flag every reply for trolling/spam and move on. It is a troll who can only repeat the same garbage without any evidence ever.

3 Likes

I was wondering…

If I am not mistaken, the amount of replies a thread can contain is limited to 10.000.
What will happen when this thread will reach the limit ? Will it simply close ? I think it’s unlikely that any mod increase the limit.

1 Like

I appreciate the fact that you have acknowledged the possibility that a poster here might sleep.

1 Like

Make a new one? Its not like we cant keep this up.

1 Like

Of course, but…

I don’t really know how to explain… I feel like 10.000 posts without any response or at least acknowledgement from the devs is just wrong.

1 Like

Well… The official feedback threads have gone how long? Third iteration filled with posts and no dev response?

1 Like

looks at Mercy megathreads

Yeah I get that. Dont think that Jeff Kaplan or anybody will ever answer this directly since they are cowards. Maybe in a dev update if Blizzard doesnt go down before that.

1 Like

Unlikely

1 Like

In his last post, Jeff said something about “little surprise”. Couple of hours later we literally had sites hyping it up as “Overwatch’s BIG incoming surprise”, setting up everyone stupid enough to not check sources (so, almost everyone) for a big disappointment which then reflects poorly on Blizzard. Later he said what I interpreted as an innocent comparison on stream and it got blown out of proportions as well.

So, I don’t exactly blame Jeff or devs for being silent, in fact that’s likely the right decision marketing wise. On the other hand, there’s a saying in my town, “let us reveal ourselves more by our actions rather than our words”. Meaning I’ll take the silent treatment forever for the sake of marketing and PR, that’s very important as well, however, the lack of action is much more troublesome and indicates lack of care or capability much more so than the lack of communication.

2 Likes

If anything, I’m disapointed that devs dare say they “read [the megathread] daily”, and that over more than a year they failed to acknowledge our mains concerns.

4 Likes

They just choose not to, because it goes against what pro players demand.

2 Likes