Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State

Are you saying that if a thread has apparently disappeared, if it has been merged and not outright deleted, it will be in this “megathread” you are referring to?

If that were the case, wouldnt this “megathread” be a current thread, given its relatively new content from the thread merged in?

No. When threads were merged to the Megathread, it never brought said mega to the current spot. It was only ever there while it was a pinned thread. It has since been unpinned and largely ignored. If things are suddenly being merged there again, then we have a problem.

so how does one then find this “megathread” if it is considered old even despite newly added content?

also, I once saw several of a certain very vocal anti-Mercy poster’s threads be merged into one thread but it wasnt called a megathread, nor would I call it one based on the limited number of posts in it

These forums have a search function. Try using that. “Mercy Feedback Thread” part 3 I think?

I found the following

if this is what you are referring to, there is nothing between 13 hours ago and 4 days ago, so this would mean that the Mercy the side chick thread was not merged into this one

that doesnt however mean it wasnt merged into something else, as I see it

There you go.

1 Like

its a reference to this.

2 Likes

No one ever said it was merged into something else. What people have been saying; is that it’s either merged into the Megathread, or deleted/404’d.

9 Likes

you know what I think its I’m done with this when it comes to people battling on this some people who are people are looking outside in and they are most of the haters and the a little bit of them are old mercy.
!!Warning it gonna trigger MOST MERCY ATTACKERS!!!
mass res is gone stop telling people oh we don’t want old mercy, Mass res is gone and its buried its over.
but I feel like the current res is holding back mercy from a good buff or a good rework maybe they can change it. but I understand about current Mercy mains are still having fun as my sister is one of them and loves and support mercy and she a mercy main as well and is okayish on mercy she says its fun and me and her talk about states of characters and we both agree the Mercy current res is the only thing letting most of those toxic people talking about “oh back in the day mercy res was so powerful and we don’t want that” and thats about the only case they have I just hope they can see why some people are coming at mercy not to come at anyone but some mercy haters those are my thoughts.

2 Likes

oh yeah sorry if I missed spelled anything heat of the moment

One beam that does heal and dmg boost (but multi target) at the same time, like curret valkyrie does
I mean, u dont need to switch between righ click and left click, you heal and dmg boost at the same time with the beam

That’s the thing: you can’t remove rez, but you can’t have strong ultimate with it either. And there is no solution to this, without making rez an ultimate again.

4 Likes

Welcome back Titanium! :slight_smile:

Also guys stop feeding the troll and ignore it.

And in case Blizzard is reading this… rework Mercy ffs cant get much worse than the first one.

4 Likes

That I understand. Was asking about if it was multi-target or not. Unfortunately you can have either both beams as one single target beam or the multi-target beams. Having both makes it too powerful AND even more brainless than before.

1 Like

This is a shot in the dark, but what if one of the things you measured utility by is how many strats/combos that need it to work?

E.g. you can’t do slambulance/goats/quad tank without Lucio to speed you past the choke.

1 Like

Terrible idea game state-wise. Mercy is currently fine and balanced. Burst heal for Mercy and living allies on top of Mass Rez for dead allies is just insanely broken.

LoS doesn’t solve Hide&Rez issues.

Idea is just not well thought-out and will make Mercy broken.

3 Likes

It’s an idea, but it’s not set in stone… what changes would you suggest?

None, I like current Mercy and I find her balanced. She is also a lot of fun.

1 Like

But maybe she could be even more fun than she already is?

That’s incredibly subjective and highly theoretical. Also has absolutely nothing to do with balance. In theory anything can be more with zero regards to the context or how it affects other things.

2 Likes