Why have you stopped playing Overwatch?

I’d be put in the temporarily left category

I could never get into naruto, i guess my addiction of choice is fairy tail presently.

Now to get back to the topic.

I’ve left the game because fatigue has set in and the summer games multiplied that fatigue by a lot, there’s also too many odd balance choices lately, they’ve mad a lot of good changes such as the ana and lucio buffs along with actually attempting to fix roadhog’s and reinhardt’s bugs but there’s still been quite a bit of questionable balance changes recently, i’ve also left because overwatch isn’t the only game and i’ve been going back to others lately such as dragon ball xenoverse 2 and i’ve recently obtained divinity original sin II and horizon zero dawn so i’m in no rush to go back and play overwatch at the moment.

I’ll definitely be getting spider-man after i complete horizon zero dawn, i’ve played most of the old spider man games that came before it and this new one seems to be made with pure quality compared to those, i can’t wait to go web slinging around new york yet again.

1 Like

I’ve played just a little bit of Forsaken with my warlock, but what I did play of it was amazing. I can’t get over how awe-inspiring the Prison of Elders looks. :star_struck:

I quit because I just needed a break from this game, everyday playing this game it was just the same old thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. The only unique thing being an event that only comes every 3-4 months, a new character, or some new skins, and the only new character that actually made me enjoy playing the game again was Moira, her kit was just so much fun and I could finally play a game of quickplay without stressing out every time a didnt hit my shot as McCree or some of the other characters I play. Her kit was fun, and was easy to pick up. Every character release after that has just drove me farther away from the game. Brigitte because she is just SO annoying to fight against. (NOTE: I do not think that Brigitte is op, I am just saying that it was annoying to fight her) And Wrecking Ball because of how limited he was. I always felt like I was doing nothing while I played him. Disrupting the enemy team did nothing when they would just completely stop my momentum with any of the 9000 CC abilities in the game. And his primary fire tickles enemies from any range outside of like 7 meters. And even attacking enemies withing 7 meters he just barely deals any damage and was so easily countered that it just wasn’t fun to play him.

2 Likes

Balancing heroes, some of them so strong against others which make game very depressed and toxic

1 Like

I know! The Prison of Elders looks amazing. I also love the design of the dreaming city. It looks so beautiful. My only problem is that I can no longer have the Perfect Paradox as my power weapon XD. I loved using that as my power weapon all the time and now I cant. Which I am sad about. But I can still use the Crimson, which has been my main weapon ever since I got it. XD

1 Like

I stopped playing because honestly the game just stopped being fun. I want to play games because they’re fun, and I just get so angry playing Overwatch. I tilt easily and it’s not fun to be tilted, obviously.

Recently I’ve been taking longer breaks from Overwatch, and whenever I’m in the mood to play it, I’m always rudely reminded about why I stopped playing in the first place.

2 Likes

I’ve heard a lot of good things about the Dreaming City, can’t wait to eventually get there! That sucks to hear about your power weapon problem, that’s a bunch of poop. :rofl:

My main reason for leaving is the devs have really no idea what they’re doing they are still nerfing Brigette despite it being incredibly unnecessary, they refuse to help bastion because of pirate ship(horrible reason), they won’t do anything for orisa, tanks seem to be glass because of recent and old heroes alike, the game is too repetitive. But still miles ahead of fortnite in quality. Edit: I’m really into tf2 atm because it is way more casual and I run into WAY less toxicity there

1 Like
  1. how the devs have treated mercy (although mercy is my main hero issue i can acknowledge how a lot of other players feel about their heroes current state.)
  2. recent interview with a dev saying they took resources away from game development and put them into OWL
  3. how the devs have been hiding nerfs with saying they are “bug fixes”
  4. devs seem to only care about what pro and top players have to say
  5. the start of the fall tidal wave of other games coming out such as spider man

although overwatch is the game i always come back too i am now just keeping an eye on whats going on with the game

I’ve been playing very little lately, if I play this game for more than 2h/week it’s quite a lot these days. Can’t really say that I “quit for good”.

What ultimately made me lose interest in playing this game passionately (I have around 2k hours in) is how uncooperative people can be in my games. No one wants to counter, no one wants to play the objective, no one wants to win. It’s like every game is a “no, you switch!” scenario with people leaving every minute because they’d rather go away than help.

I still play very little mostly because my friend and I don’t really have anything else to play right now (other than Paladins). Add that to the fact that balance is terrible and that everything is so f*cking slow (content and development wise), no wonder it feels like no one else enjoys this game if they have played for a while.

There are no rewards for putting in time in this game other than “hey congrats, here’s a dupebox”. It has been 2 years (plus developing time and all that) and the game still feels like it’s in beta, as polished as it is.

IDK there’s just too much wrong with OW right now, why bother playing if all I get is a defeat screen and pocket change to buy literally nothing with the coins.

I recently replaced my internet and it doesn’t work well with battle.net’s servers, so I have to content myself with the forums (which are hosted on discourse) for now.

At least I found out I can win games on 170 ping Widow before I DC’d, now I can’t get back on >_>

Must be nice. I barely got to play, so only made it to rank 19 (really low), and the past few nights I’ve waited close to 20 minutes in queue as a killer, and around 12-15 as survivor, before finally just closing the game out. I posted in a thread at their forums about it, and Not_Queen said she would pass that issue along to the team, but unless they can mysteriously grow new players, I don’t see what they can do about the stupidly long low-rank queues even on their end.

To the thread’s question: I played purely with the wife. If she wasn’t on, I didn’t bother with Overwatch. The past week, she has gotten so sick and tired of the toxicity even in QP matches, that she’s fed-up and bought Borderlands 2: GOTY so we could co-op.

Just to clarify, it has not been toxicity toward us, but between people on our team. Which inevitably leads to people typing and arguing more than playing, and the matches being a complete waste of time.

If it had been just a match or two, that would have been forgettable. But it’s been entirely too often. I don’t know if it was just bad luck of the matchmaker draw, or the fact that people realized endorsements mean squat, and the whole “niceness” thing is over.

Even LFG has become less than stellar.

We’re both sick to death of all the CC and stuns.

Finally, she said to hell with it, and doesn’t want to bother playing. So, neither do I.

Like so many others have said, it’s mostly all the stuns/CC in general that make the game absolutely intolerable for me, being a Reaper main. This is the first time since the game came out that I can’t even be bothered to log in on the day a new map dropped (what’s the point of a shiny new map when all my favorite heroes will be just as irrelevant there as anywhere else?)

I guess now I’m one of those players who only hops on for events (assuming the dumpster fire that was Summer Games 2018 was a one time thing)

2 Likes

I don’t play because, while I love pvp, I also like lore-based cooperative modes and that can rarely to never be found in Overwatch.

When they (Uprising/Retribution/Junkenstein) become available, I play Overwatch as much as my schedule allows but then I take a break till the next event because I log in, play a few games with people acting like poo-slinging-wombats because “X can’t Y” and just feel disappointed in the game.

Because of reworks and heroes being unviable for months on end.

It completely ruined the game for me. I loved this game when it came out, but at this point unless they add day-one servers I just can’t play it anymore. Mercy is stale, Hanzo is busted, Roadhog sucks still, Symmetra is God knows what, and apparently they plan to do the same rework treatment to Torbjorn now.

I’m on indefinite hiatus from this game at this point.

1 Like

heroes i like are unplayable garbage for over 2 years and new heroes and balance changes made them even worse.

I took a break for several months after the Xmas event last year. Got fed up by how terrible the lootbox drops were, constantly giving me coins for purple and golden drops. Came back about 5 months later and have been playing just for kicks, not trying too hard, not expecting anything out of boxes. Even did comp placement which is something I stopped since season 6. At my low level of play OW is good to fill up a couple of hours to relax in QP and take a break from other games.

Balance, balance, balance.

Every time a new hero shakes up the metagame, or an older hero rises up to stomp everyone else, Blizzard is more than happy to let it stew for months before bothering to fix it. Then, when they do fix it, they break something else that, again, they happily allow to fester for months before the next balance patch.

I understand that the game will never be perfectly balanced, and that is perfectly fine. But Blizzard’s balance philosophy has always been to balance with a sledgehammer: large, sweeping changes to multiple heroes, and then letting it sit for a couple of months before reloading for another swing.

Smaller, more frequent changes would be much healthier for the game, because then problems aren’t problems for nearly as long, and they have the ability to make smaller changes, see what the consequences of that change are, and make future changes accordingly. But no, that just seems like something Blizzard is incapable of doing.

That might be something I could forgive, if the rest of the game is interesting. But the lore updates have come to a near standstill while they incessantly throw OWL into our faces. Blizzard have stopped playing to their strengths, and are trying to make Overwatch into something that it is not.

In between those two things and their continued insistence on monetizing their game through loot boxes, I’m finding it harder and harder to maintain my interest in this game.

Game is made to grab as much players as possible to profit. Blizzard did this by constructing heroes that almost anyone can easily play. So this means that they really had to level every playing field. So you get below average Jane owning skillful Joe. Then here comes the booster: this resulted in an environment so toxic that people are encouraged to buy another account just so you can have dedicated accounts for certain roles. This is actually pretty genius on blizzards part.