Why Has This Game Turned to Crap?

It’s funny how you say that. Every OW content creator complains about these very issues. Content creators create content that is relevant to appeal to their viewers. If this game was truly in a healthy place, you wouldn’t see countless videos by very notable content creators complaining about the game time after time.

OW content creators saying the game is crap still doesn’t prove its the majority.

And I’ve seen these videos, they get about 50k views with only a couple hundred likes.

So assuming only half the viewers agree, that’s only 25k.

The game has 40 million accounts. That is hardly a majority.

Actually, you don’t.
The earth is flat. Or it is not. What the majority thinks is irrelevent. The game is bad. Or it is not bad. It’s that simple. Facts do not change.

What anyone says is irrelevant. If you can prove the game is bad, it’s bad. Still need proof though.

Eh I blame the fact the game is old. It’s always hard for an online multiplayer game to last more than a few years, especially one that is still trying to balance the game play of hero’s that Launched with the game.

I mean it’s so bad that they gave up on making what little new content they do make to put more effort into game play balance. Which is a good thing in general but so far into the game’s life cycle it seems counter productive.

Considering just how much money Blizzard has made from OW and how little “free content” we have been given in return it does raise some questions. If you add all the maps, game modes, characters etc together you get maybe two good expansion/dlc’s worth of content. Over almost 3 years of the life of the game, most of which came out within the first year aka all the events.

1 Like

Except he hasn’t proved the game is bad. He is saying the majority agree with him, so that is what he needs to prove.

And he doesn’t have any proof. He is stating an opinion, and claiming it is true.

1 Like

not really.
The game significally lacks any form of content besides the base game play.
Every other game mode that isnt “payload, koth, two cp, or hybrid” is periodically removed from being playable except in custom games which you have no control over if you get kicked out of or not.

The game itself has no option to pick which game mode you want to play on.

The community has little to no way to participate in the game except custom games, art, videos, and the forums. There should be a way to create your own maps. Blizzard should allow the community to make custom maps and play on them. This will 100% help regain community members who have left. But this will never happen because blizzard needs to police literally everything for no real reason except to prevent “guilty by association” logical fallacies from being applied to them.

Balance for a long time has been considerably bad until recently where the current version is arguably the most balanced version.

The content updates slow as heck for no real reason. They say its for “quality checks” but yet they undermine the usage of the PTR constantly and its only until recently that they’ve been changing stuff within the PTR. Its usually just a “preview of things to come” and then ignore all criticisms until after it hits live and either hotfix the game, patch live and tell them to wait, or wait half a year and then fix it.

you’re right, it didnt turn to crap. The game HAS BEEN CRAP through the entirety of its initial launch and all the way until recently.
And only until recently has this game started to take an actual direction in the way that the devs desire the game to go into.

And either way, Overwatch isnt the only blizzard game thats being screwed up.
WoW:BFA, Hearthstone, and diablo 3.
Wow and hearthstone are blizzards biggest money influxes but yet Wow has dropped a significant amount of subscriptions because the devs have basically built their game to waste people’s time by trying to make them play as long as possible for minute rewards. Also FF14 is gaining traction and may wooh over WoW fans and take blizzard’s subscriptions.

Hearthstone is not balanced well and Steam announced that they’re making Artifact, a card game, which will probably be cared for more than Hearthstone.

Blizzard is honestly in some trouble and overwatch being bad is just a piece of the puzzle.

lol 40 million accounts purchased, only a fraction of those regularly play. When content creators dont create RELEVANT content, they lose viewership. Go and watch any Unit Lost or YourOW video. They’ll complain in some way about the game’s current state. Your twisting facts for the sake of an agenda and it’s so obvious. Many of these vidies have 200k+ views btw.

They focused on their E-Sports too much rather than letting the E-Sports scene flourish from the community.

E-Sports don’t just become successful because you will it too and throw all your money and resources at it, you have to have a community already there for it. The community needs to be happy with the game and believe that the team making the game cares enough about it and actually feel good when playing to have these people become interested in watching it.

I am unhappy with the games current state, so I would not even dare to watch Overwatch. I don’t even play CS-GO anymore, but I still sometimes watch their E-Sports videos just because I find it fascinating to see them play because during my time in that game, I was managing to have fun and I felt like the game was given as much it was needed to warrant me caring about it outside of the game.

Overwatch is not in a good spot right now and it’s because of their focus on OWL.

I am done on this thread.

Still no proof.

Good bye.

they didnt say purchased

they just said 40 million accounts.

This can be game consoles making infinite accounts for overwatch, free weekends, or just regular pc players who only have one account.

“i need statistical evidence that the game is bad”

the only diverse content is being continuously cycled out unless you play custom game modes that you can be kicked out of for whatever reason

the community has no real way to contribute, grow, and foster among itself due to the lack of community content support from blizzard in general

no real way to pick a specific map/gamemode except pray to RNjesus

characters being bugged since the games release only NOW being patched up

unnecessary content drip feed which occurs because “quality checks” which arent done and are supposed to be done on the PTR which’s feedback barely gets listened to which results in OP, bugged, or bad heroes to be created and fixed at a later date which could be a full year from that time or even longer

There’s a lot of reasonable arguments for why the game is bad, and there’s even blizzards own actions that show some level of ineptitude when it comes to this game. You just wont listen unless Jeff kaplan comes down from heaven like the angelic gorgeous guy he is, leans in, whisper in your ear and says “we messed up quite a bit, but we’re getting there”.
And ONLY until then will you ever, ever, and I mean ever have an opinion that is different from the opinion you have right now.

1 Like

sums it up perfectly, thank you

1. They are doing some for Reaper and Roadhog
  2. Replay Recording System? Let see how it works with the OWWC, but Youtubers won’t be using it much due to better apps.
  3. In MOBA there are counter measures, but on FPS, it is really hard to have counter measures. People will be ****s, and there are ****s who take joy from that. Banning people won’t matter much since they just gonna go VPN, change their hardware and BOOM, back again.

Actually, Jeff himself said 40 million “players”, not accounts.
Slip of the tongue, or an intentional lie? The world may never know.

I went back on my word and have returned.

I am posting a link

That thread has 50 likes for the original post alone.

This drivel has 1 like.

50 > 1

Seems like lots of people still like the game. I can’t state its the majority, but that thread is getting way more likes and agreements then this one.

Yeah now I’m moving on.

1 Like

probably said for the sake of saying it easier.

the article says Accounts though.

“people like the game therefore it cant be bad.”

None of the game modes are actually fun. Comp: people are sick of the lousy SR / matching system, trolls, leavers, penalties, unbalanced heroes. QP: your team will be absolute dogsht 3 times out of 4 and you’ll waste precious life time carry like there’s no tomorrow or getting rolled. Arcade: speaks for itself.

1 Like

Brig was released followed by a lack of content which left us to stew in a crappy meta. They needed more people on the overwatch team so that the events could get new mechanics or something while the rest worked on the social feature. As it is the crew is working on the social feature and balancing and they have no time for events.

He’s not alone. Speak for yourself.