Why has console ruined pharah?

I’m a pharah main and I don’t understand what’s happening… like I literally don’t own a console and never have so I don’t understand.

why is pharah dominating on console but not pc?
and why can’t this be adjusted on a per-platform basis?

7 Likes

Because console players can’t aim nearly as well as PC players.

This is a great question.

37 Likes

It’s not that we can’t aim (it’s harder but not incredibly difficult), it because Pharah is easier to play than she is to take down.

That said, she’s only considered OP in the higher ranks on PS4, everywhere else she’s the same as on PV profomance wise.

23 Likes

Look, it’s not a pure console thing. One because she was only on issue on PS4, not Xbox.

Two, because her firing is faster and her projectile speed is faster it’s actually a buff to Pharahs who struggled to deal with Widowmaker.

5 Likes

because most console players have become heavily relyant on aim-assist

3 Likes

Because joystick aiming is harder than mouse aiming

Because the devs dont feel like it

10 Likes

She’s much more of an issue on PS4 than on Xbox One her pick rate on PS4 is much higher compared to Xbox One and PC so I wouldn’t call it a console issue just more of PS4 issue which I find to be weird since it doesn’t apply to Xbone as well.

5 Likes

They finally try to cater to us console players and they start a riot…

Guess you know how it feels to not be “catered to” for once.

4 Likes

It’s weird how Pharah dominates on PS4 but not on pc nor Xbox.

The changes we have on the ptr though should be a nerf to her on console while also making her more skillful since landing direct impact brings more values than just splash. Her rocket launcher feels a lot more responsive with the help of her firing rate. She can also shield bust better now.

1 Like

She’s only dominating on PS4, not Xbox. The reason is less people want to play hitscan on PS4. That’s it.

5 Likes

Xbox has default controllers better suited to shooters than PS4.

8 Likes

It could just be its easier to aim on xbox controllers than ps4 controllers and VenusArmani just confirmed it for me

1 Like

PS4 has more players than Xbox does. Xbox also has an issue with her, it’s just they are less populated.

Plus, Pharah’s splash damage was the issue as stated by Jeff himself. I am glad he acknowledged how powerful Pharah was on console.

2 Likes

Pharah mains are never catered to, including pc players

4 Likes

I very much blame console for the changes overall.

They’re not bad changes, but I think the damage rebalance is mainly due to console relying exclusively on splash.

The phrasing “rewarding accuracy” is misleading because it has the same output as it always had at 120dmg per direct hit, meaning direct hits aren’t “more rewarding” than before, it just means splash has been reduced.

A rocket speed increase would’ve been nice, but if we compared Pharah to Hanzo, Hanzo is basically doing the same thing minus splash plus headshot damage. HIS shots are rewarding, Pharah’s are not.

Personally I like the changes, but Console needs their own patch. It’s clear that Blizz is taking Overwatch in a direction that treats Console and PC alike despite the fact they are not.

I almost feel this “big social feature” they keep going on about isn’t going to be something worthwhile like clans, and more like something that’ll drag the game down like crossplay. With patches now dedicated to balancing around both platforms, it’s a very real probability. If crossplay is introduced, I’m done playing. I’ve stuck it out this far, but that’s too much.

Sorry Console players, I’m done with you all.

5 Likes

Sure, console is partially responsible for that change but it was also made to make Pharah more viable in higher ranks on PC where she’s mostly invisible. With these coming changes great Pharah players will be able to reliably pick off targets which will pull her out of the niche status she has currently. Basically, they’re promoting skill and punishing cheese which will ultimately be healthy for the game.

1 Like

why pharah is dominateed

1- pharah always played in pharamercy
2- widow (which I think she is the only ultimate counter) barley playable with a controller even good players cant help but to mess shots and its unforgivable in higher ranks
and pharah being in the air pocketed make it harder for hitscans with a controller,
some xim users I played with didn’t have a problem at all with taking pharamercy fast without needing the team help but with a controller there is always a struggle to take them down.
3- splash is just too cheesy with Mercy damage boost no chance
if you messed your shot in console.

Promoting skill is an interesting way to look at it, they’re certainly not rewarding it.

I’m one of said players, I land all my shots anyway, I practiced pop shotting when Pharah was a juggler and got really good with it.

I can land shots a bit faster consecutively now, if anything it’s making Pharah harder to use at higher ranks by requiring precision.

Hanzo on the other hand is rewarded for precision. Same damage except higher projectile speed, range, and he has crits. Pharah is still by all means only effective at ranges up to 60m, maybe even less now that splash has been cut, putting her well within her now even more buffed counters’ ranges with nothing more than a faster fire rate.

I’m enjoying her so far on the PTR, but Console should’ve gotten the damage reduction, not PC.

1 Like

Pharah is not always played in Pharmercy. Pharah main and I hardly ever have a Mercy. When I do it is usually because I ask for it and it is only for quick heals.
There are plenty of other counters that are just as good. D.va is a phenomenal counter to Pharah as she can fly up and shoot her.
Splash isn’t a big deal since most of the time it makes it so you nearly empty the clip if you land no direct shots. Sure damage boost helps, but only a bit.

Actually, the damage reduction from splash was added to the direct, so it’s actually 135 for direct hit. For one squishy , if you hit them with a direct and max splash damage, they die, before and after the change. However, against a group of enemies, you’ll be doing more against your main target but less to their allies.