Why Hanzo is so damn bad: A summary

Widow is almost completely still while using her scope, while Hanzo only gets a slight movement speed reduction and is able to jump. I can also show you a nice video proving that Hanzo’s bow blocks his own headshot hitbox.

EDIT: Let’s not forget scatter, either.

2 Likes

Hanzo 450 damage you mean, only hero who can with A SINGLE SHOT actually headshot a hero AND one-shot a second hero AT THE SAME TIME, as well as one-shot two tank classes.

Additional comparison - pickrate and winrate at Diamond and above on PC (you know, where the best players are) over the past month according to Overbuff:

Widowmaker
Diamond = 2.99% pr (16th), 51.89% wr (19th)
Master = 3.17% pr (15th), 52.18% wr (16th)
GM = 3.32% pr (11th), 54.69% wr (14th)

Hanzo
Diamond = 1.66% pr (19th), 48.94% wr (26th)
Master = 1.35% pr (19th), 49.31% wr (25th)
GM = 0.76% pr (21st), 48.45% wr (26th)

Even at the top tier, Widow outclasses him everytime

1 Like

I never really understood the relevance of pointing this out. “Only ONE hero can do [x]!” And? Yes, Hanzo had a cooldown ability that does more damage than most of the other cast. He also has a weapon that isn’t capable of producing the same amount of consistent damage per second as most of the cast. It’s called balance.

1 Like

Consider it what you want. I’m pointing out what I see. :slight_smile:

But you have to remember that Widow have 8 second cooldown on her ability while Hanzo can climb walls while having no cooldown.

She is also much slower when holding RMB and she can be easily picked off.

I´m not saying that Hanzo is superior to Widow, but both have their ups and downs, one person thinks Widow is better and some that Hanzo is.

Counters also play a huge role, in which Hanzo does counter Widow, unless better positioned, more skilled and if the Hanzo did not see her.

Widow is like Bastion or Torbjörn, they need to change their position quickly because they can be easily picked off and might not work a second time.

1 Like

You’re not pointing out anything, as that would require an actual argument or substantive contribution to the thread. You’re just wasting precious bandwidth. “LOL” is the forum equivalent of white noise, as well as being a pretty rude way to respond to someone genuinely trying to engage with you.

Hanzo is also considered a troll pick, not only because as you said inconsistency but also because he just does not function in the games current state of diving all over the place, while were talking about inconsistency…

We have to compare Hanzo to everybody’s favorite JLULakerat , they indeed have different roles and all but they both have the inconsistent projectile identity, Hanzo doesnt have the stupdly overpowered Ultimate heres hoping they nerf Rip-Tire’s effectiveness by at least 15%, by increasing ultimate charge required by 30% or otherwise, actually Hanzo has one of the weakests Ultimates in the game, nor does he have a reliable way to deal with Dive, but in the next ptr hes going to at least be playable into Dive and thats gotta skyrocket his viability in the hands of the capable.

If you play him like Widow you will be disappointed but if you play him like McCree you may be surprised to find he isn’t complete trash if you put the time into him. I think Hanzo’s a good hero and he does his job as DPS like all the other DPS heroes. Much better on attack than defense if you’re not as consistent but both are doable.

His scatter is the worst part of his kit imo and relies so much on RNG. I can’t wait to see what the new abilities look and feel like on PTR for him and I hope they get rid of some of the RNG problems that plague Hanzo.

Scatter doesn’t actually have any RNG properties. In the beginning of the game it did. The fragment pattern was completely random. But they changed it to be perfectly consistent every time. What you’re describing as “RNG” is really just the nature of the ability being hard to gauge in tense situations. It can be hard to tell at what distance you need to shoot it in front of someone to ensure that the most fragments possible hit, rather than just flying everywhere and hitting nothing.

“Scatter doesn’t actually have any RNG properties.”

/sigh :roll_eyes:
There’s always the one dude who knows exactly what I mean by this but they insist on semantics.

Like I said

People complain about no skill heroes. Then complain about ones that require more skill. Hence the laughter.

1 Like

I’m just going to point out that not once have I moaned about “no skill” heroes, so claiming that this represents someone moaning about “no skill” and high skill is kinda pointless

When compared to the rest of the forums it counts. Those stats.

Oh, I’m sorry. When I use words incorrectly, I tend to appreciate when people offer a friendly correction. I forget that I am instead supposed to get all huffy and temperamental about it.

My mother just didn’t raise me right.

See, now we’re on the same brain wavelength and your apology is accepted, my friend.

And like I said, the problem isn’t the skill it takes to use Hanzo or any other characters. The issue are inherent weaknesses in his character design. Skill has nothing to do with what I’m discussing.

idk if it’s different for y’all on PC but Honzo is a terror on console. Obviously there’s scatter arrow, and maybe long range his shots come down more to luck than anything else. But up close a Hanzo that knows what they are doing can be incredibly difficult to deal with. He’s essentially just a better McCree at medium-close range.

And anyone who says that Hanzo’s hitboxes aren’t significantly more generous than that of hitscan heroes is lying to themselves. I don’t need the devs to tell me anything, I can see it for myself in the game.

1 Like

Each character has their weaknesses. Blizzard’s way of balance.

Well, first of all. If you’re disagreeing with the people that designed the game, then you’re simply beyond the point of rationality. Besides, the developers only said that Hanzo’s arrows are the smallest projectiles in the game. Hitscan characters don’t fire projectiles. That’s the entire point.