• Ranged scope
  • 120-12 damage
  • 300-30 critical

Hanzo

• Projectile
  • No scope
  • 125-29 damage
  • 250-58 critical

So you have a hitscan hero who requires the same accuracy, can scope in on an enemy, and deals more damage with critical hits, the lifeblood of a sniper, and yet people wonder why Hanzo has low pickrates and winrates, getting worse the higher you go up

3 Likes

Well he’s not supposed to be played like Widow.
He has way bigger hitboxes with his arrows, his kit is more lethal with sonic and scattah!!!, he can kill 250Hp heroes with 2 bodyshots and in brawling situations he can get off fully charged shots while not having to awkwardly scope in.

9 Likes

Straight from the horse’s mouth, you’re just plain wrong about that.

9 Likes

Keyword - projectiles. They still have some hitbox. Meanwhile, hitscan hitbox is literally non-existent.

5 Likes

Hanzo does not perform well since nobody knows how to even play him properly. Like myself.

He does counter Widow since she is heavily slowed and Hanzo can easily pick her off since he is not slowed as much.

Hanzo can climb on walls and get to sniper positions more quickly, Widow require´s a hook with 8 seconds cooldown.

Many people play Hanzo on Defence, since he is a Defence hero, but he does perform better on Attack, unlike Defence and King of the Hill matches, while Widow is better fitted for Defence.

Basically they are snipers for different game modes and have different skill requirement, but still great damage dealers.
I can see why people don´t play him since he is a projectile sniper but I think he is great.

The fact that Hanzo has to aim at where his opponents will be rather than where they currently are, just makes him completely unreliable. Nothing is going to change that. And once they remove the only move keeping him from being a guaranteed troll pick, his win and pick rates will drop to the lowest in Overwatch.

2 Likes

As I understand it, hitscan bullets don’t actually have any sort of model represented in-game. They are instantaneous and have no travel time.

2 Likes

I love how everyone complains about “no aim. no skill heroes”, and yet here is a hero that requires a certain amount of skill and aim to be good…

What do you people do? Complain about it. LOL

If you want to make a point, please include Hanzo’s benefits in your argument, such as high mobility and fast charge speed.

He’s way more superior on mid range and cqb. Widow has almost no chances fighting Hanzo around corners,(SA) or at close to medium range.

Tbh I find hanzo to be more useful to the team too because of his SA. Has a potential deadly ult too.

Not to mention his generous arrow hitboxes. And I’m not talking about the thickness, but the length. You might get headshoted because you moved and hit the end of the arrow with your head. Where this thing won’t happen for Zen orb or similar projectiles.

2 Likes

I’m all for the game having easy heroes and difficult heroes. But the difficulty has to come with benefits. Hanzo should be more viable that he is now. The fact that really good players are able to overcome his inherent weaknesses and perform well with the character does not mean that he is fine. A good player could make the most poorly-designed, underpowered character look strong.

Not to mention his generous arrow hitboxes.

Oh, you mean the arrows that are the smallest projectile hitboxes in the game?

3 Likes

That´s the point in every online game. Good players get rewarded for playing good and bad players don´t.
Atleast I believe so.

High mobility? He can slowly climb up a wall. That’s not high mobility. That’s called “presenting a nice, easy target for anyone with a ranged weapon”. His mobility is so bad they are literally given him a second mobility ability just to pad out his kit

1 Like

Like I said before…

LOL

Bruh, they are increasing his projectile speed as well as everything else. I am so hyped to play this new Hanzo. I wreck now, prepare for all out warfare.

1 Like

Compared to Widowmaker.

I consider this post to be a great example of intellectual cowardice.

Widowmaker’s mobility is better, it’s just that her mobility comes at the cost of a cooldown, rather than an innate ability. But could you imagine if Hanzo shot a grappling-arrow or something that could propel him to elevated services or away from danger? Combined with scatter?

He would have been a lot more of a threat.

Thanks for pointing that out, Widow is more mobile too. Hanzo can only travel vertically using mobility abilities, and that wall climb is rather slow too. Widowmaker can go in any direction quickly using her Grappling Hook. In the time it takes for Hanzo to climb a wall, Widow can hook on to the platform above the wall, get a kill, and be halfway off cooldown.

If they increase his projectile speed and charge time, then he would be a lot more dangerous. Sure. But the quote they gave wasn’t definitive. Nothing is set in stone yet.