Why experimental isnt experimental?

I got frustrated when I saw experimental patchnotes. Jeff said that changes on experimental would be ridiculous (like 1-3-2). But current experimenal card is just PTR. I know that consoles dont have it but devs could just add gamemode named PTR to arcade or apply PTR update function to Custom games.

Actually he said that major changes like that would only happen sometimes.

And here’s his response to a thread that’s basically identical to this one posted earlier:

3 Likes

Even so, I feel like they definitely overhyped this patch Monday.

They literally said “we’ll have more changes than what we mentioned” and yet that wasn’t true.

2 Likes

So why he said that that they will change Moira? Current experimental is just changing some numbers, I could do it in a while in custom games

2 Likes

Experimental is pretty much the answer people have wanted about getting the ability to test out changes and get rewards that PTR currently fails to achieve.

Big changes will still usually be with PTR given how some edits are limited to a full patch update apparently rather than a minor update on live.

That’s OK, but they shouldn’t have said “aggressive and faster balancing” when in reality we’re at the same pace as PTR patches, and we’ve had maybe one aggressive patch in almost 6 months.

You referring to this?

Because that statement was true at least.

…Because they did change Moira?

By my understanding, experimental uses the workshop tech, so yes. Quite literally you could do it in a custom game.

Ok, I know now why I got frustrated. Jeff said ‘Lots of changes to support heroes’

Actual changes:

Ana

Biotic Rifle

• Healing reduced from 75 to 70

Mercy

Caduceus Staff

• Healing per second increased from 50 to 55

Zenyatta

Orb of Discord

• Damage amplification increased from 25% to 30%

They are unnoticeable during fight:

Moira

Biotic Orb

• Damage radius reduced from 5 to 4 meters
  • Projectile speed increased from 16 to 20
  • Projectile duration reduced from 10 to 7 seconds
    This one is only that I can feel.

I guess you have a right to feel frustrated, because the whole thing is entirely subjective anyway

Friendly reminder that were in the middle of a pandemic, the world is crazy, and blizzard employees are working from home.

They’re doing a decent job- all things considered. I know this pandemic thing is inconvenient and slowing down balance changes for the game- but let’s try to exercise a bit of patience.

1 Like

They?

No. The biased forum community should not scapegoat everything on them.
Like literally. It’s the forum community who hyped themselvs & are now throwing a fit over such thing like this.

But hey, I do like the drama queens throwing a show every now & then even it’s going out of hands.

Ok, I know now why I got frustrated. Jeff said ‘Lots of changes to support heroes’

Actual changes:

Ana

Biotic Rifle

• Healing reduced from 75 to 70

Mercy

Caduceus Staff

• Healing per second increased from 50 to 55

Zenyatta

Orb of Discord

• Damage amplification increased from 25% to 30%

They are unnoticeable during fight:

MAY EXPERIMENTAL CARD 1.47 IN THREE MINUTES (Comparisons)

Moira

Biotic Orb

• Damage radius reduced from 5 to 4 meters
  • Projectile speed increased from 16 to 20
  • Projectile duration reduced from 10 to 7 seconds

This one is only that I can feel.

What does the pandemic have to do with then deciding to tweak number values to a negligible extent? Like… changing the numbers on anti was too hard? Changing the values for a struggling hero like Baptiste was not plausible? I do not get it.

Well, they already have, it’s under lobby settings.

There's a second opinion for you.