Why don't we have 3 RAW heroes, 1 in every role?

they didnt ask for a pure healer they asked for a healer with no damage, Moira is literally duality of half healing half damage automatic disqualification

2 Likes

Moira doesn’t have to tho. She says one hand gives, the other takes. Not some alchemy thing of equivalent exchange

And mercy has more destructive power than Moira in both pistol and dmg boost.

There are 3 heroes designed to be as close to this purity that you want.

Reinhardt, an extremely easy to play and impactful tank that doesnt get the hate another hero gets when they are the most picked in spite of being so easy.

Soldier:76, another very easy to play hero designed just like Reinhardt to be the intro DPS you can pick up and play even if youve never played Overwatch before.

And lastly, Mercy, who just like the former 2 is very easy to pick up and play.

All these heroes were designed to be the “pure” ones in their role and all except Soldier have been the best in their role for atleast some time, which in my opinion they should never be over more difficult heroes to play but I digress.

(Soldier was meta and the best DPS for a little while but not as long as the other 2 have been).

Point being, those already exist and are as close as they can get to being “pure” in their roles.

They all need to have something beyond what their role is so that they can be easy to pick up, accessible, and impactful, but with the exception of Reinhardt, their other functions are very limited

(Reinhradt has no healing, but has braindead good damage even with just firestrike, Soldier has a limited AOE heal, but its mainly meant to be used as a personal heal, and Mercy’s damage is the absolute lowest of the roster in actual practice, even if you add her damage amplified stat to her own damage)

In practice yes, in reality not at all.

Moira has to do damage to keep her resources up :thinking:

2 Likes

I mean i guess you can have fun waiting 35 seconds to fully restore your resource but thats a pretty bad healer

but im already done I just remembered who you are and how you are about this topic and its just a circle i dont feel like being in

1 Like

All heroes have to be able to do some damage. They have to be able to defend themselves. You couldn’t make a pure healer or pure shield hero.

I mean, that’s more a balance thing. Not kit or theme.

Mercy could be balanced to be more like Zen… :woman_shrugging:t5:

If she wants. But just like heal beam mercy…Moira has the choice to use her whole kit. Which includes hot

Why is she running out of resource?

Bye then.

You could.just not with ow s current trend

Maybe because heroes who can only do one thing and provide no other utility are really boring to play and annoying to have on your team. Moira is probably the easiest example. Does literally nothing but heal. Compared to a Lucio who can make everyone go fast…or a Zarya who can give you bubbles.

Who knows. It could be very interesting.

Mercy has damage boost and can only heal a single teammate except for valkyrie. She has also a pistol to damage enemies.

Point taken except Doomfist has self-heal sort of but it’s temporary shield.

Because it would be awful to the balance of the game. That’s why.

If you have a tank that can’t do any damage then you have to compensate by making him twice as tanky. You’d have a reinhardt with double the tanking ability but no damage. Then you combine that with a bastion that has double the damage and no healing… There would be no reason to choose any other heroes.

I would say tracer and widow not rat and doom as the boys have cc .

Not widow or tracer

That’s only if you refuse to use her ultimate. Her ult is there to push through barriers and chokes, causing the enemy to scatter because of the damage.

Refuse to ult …for dmg. She heals quite well with it too.

Just like mercy, not using all the kit, is a choice on moira’s end

I find it quite good for things like shatter or torbs or Winston’s ult.

Things that take time for the pain to be brought

Oh yeah I totally forgot to add “no cc” in my post ty for reminding me

lolwut

In Game, Mercy is the only pure healer who doesn’t actively contribute damage and spends all of the match supporting her team. Her abilities are all team based as well, she can fly to allies to aid them and she is focused on healing and empowering them. Moira literally is incentivized to be outputting damage half of the game.

“Mercy’s Valkyrie Suit helps keep her close to teammates like a guardian angel; healing, resurrecting or strengthening them with the beams emanating from her Caduceus Staff.”

“Moira’s biotic abilities enable her to contribute healing or damage in any crisis. While Biotic Grasp gives Moira short-range options, her Biotic Orbs contribute longer-range, hands-off damage and healing; she can also Fade to escape groups or remain close to allies in need of support”

In Lore, Mercy is literally the world’s best doctor who singlehandedly invented the nanobots that revolutionized medicine technology and she’s dedicated her life to helping others, healing the less fortunate, etc. even after OW disbanded. She’s also opposed to their militaristic approach and actions. Meanwhile Moira was literally kicked out of OW for her morally gray experiments, she turns people into monstrous super soliders like Reaper, and she invented some type of bullets that infect the skin to prevent people from being able to heal as seen in the Bastest short story.

"A guardian angel to those who come under her care, Dr. Angela Ziegler is a peerless healer, a brilliant scientist, and a staunch advocate for peace.

Ziegler rose to become the head of surgery at a prominent Swiss hospital before pioneering a breakthrough in the field of applied nanobiology that radically improved the treatment of life-threatening illnesses and injuries.

Though she spends most of her time caring for the broken and dispossessed in crisis areas around the world, Dr. Ziegler can be counted on to don her Valkyrie suit whenever innocents are imperiled."

I get you like have a weird anti-Mercy hatred but this argument is just silly rofl

:eyes:

2 Likes

No one would use.

20 char

We have a similar hero, and she’s called brig.

We already have heroes who are similar to this. People aren’t going to play a character that can ONLY shield, but the few who might like something like that can just play Rein and not use his hammer.

Isn’t the same as healing and she had a chonky pistol

Yet her lore shows that she isn’t all that when it comes to meaningful change for the world or herself.

I don’t like mercy because of history and themes. Including your perception of her

And I like how you keep tabs about where I say I don’t like her but ignore where I do

Moreover, that’s Mercy’s history in overwatch as a game…I favor Moira as a healer also based In Part of that is how history has been in game and in irl history and themes.

But I haven’t posted that thread yet