Why doesn't Brigitte look like she did in the cinematic?

mei already looks 18 in the game idk what you talking about. enjoy your 0.5% pickrate hero.

btw mei is exactly same as original concept in form of height the only difference is that the mei we have right now is fat and the original one wasn’t.

I don’t even play Mei, I have like 1 hour on her out of 600. Additionally, I don’t think her youthful face itself is an issue. It’s the combo of everything making them all one very specific visual that’s an issue.

Mei breaks conventions already being fat, so IDC if she looks 19. Especially with a cryofreeze backstory.

OR… perhaps they wanted to ensure a greater variety of character silhouettes. If everyone has the same shape, they start to get difficult to distinguish in battle.

But then again you were complaining about Brigitte’s voice, too, so clearly you have lofty standards…

1 Like

The men in this game all look the same in terms of build. They just have different heights. With the exception of the unrealistic ones like junk/hog/rein.

People can legitimately tell the difference?

They both have that same doe-eyed, button-nosed, round-cheeked, Glen Keane Blizzardgirl sameface that every other Overwatch female character has.

1 Like

“They’re all the same except these 7 people”. Don’t forget Zenyatta, who the devs have gendered as male.

Jokes aside, I don’t agree. Some are similar (Soldier and Reaper) but if you look at them they have different shapes. Partially because of the clothing but it still means a different shape. Reaper has very broad shoulders and a tiny waist while Soldier is boxier all over (butt included lmao).

And that’s just bodies. Looking at their faces they all look wildly different, AND they’re allowed to look their actual ages. Ana looks 40 at best and she’s older than Reinhardt, Mercy and Mei both have convenient reasons to look 19 at 40. Soldier has scars and stubble and a distinct jaw, while Torb has an entirely different face shape and size and such. The women more or less have same shape, same face, same height.

The men and the women in this game look like they’re from different genres.

all the models in this game are unique. the only ones that look the same are pharah and ana and they are daughter and mother. i agree though brigitte looks a little bit like mercy but i don’t see a problem with that.

1 Like

If by gorgeous you mean boring.

so character most be ugly to be interesting ? LOL

So a female character must be pretty? This is what I mean by deviations will be killed. If I suggest deviation from pretty females people say that’s bad. Why does Roadhog get to be a giant? Why does Reinhardt get to be super old? Why does Junkrat get to be a twisted wreck? But females, even the cyborg has to have pretty and slick cybernetics. Even the old woman has to be beautiful and look younger than they supposedly are (when not wearing a mask or has a super young skin). Hell, even the fat girl isn’t even fat, turns out it’s all padding from her clothes.

Look, I’m not saying Brigitte has to be horrible twisted and scarred, but what was wrong with how she appeared in the comic?

I get the complaints though.

She was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more tomboyish before they put her in game and kind of girlified her

1 Like

It is fine when character isn’t fit or pretty however it is not fine when they create fat and ugly characters so people wouldn’t complain why all characters are pretty.

Only writer should decide what character gonna look like but in this case writer created a pretty fit woman but game developers changed it.

Variety for variety’s sake is bs.

Writer? What writer? You’re now suggesting there is any actual lore in the game.

Orisa Is about as diverse as you can get. And I hate diversity. Genders suck and everyone should strive to be at my level.
There’s only one way to be, and that’s to be me!

1 Like

well overwatch has michael as writer but by writer i meant character creator. now writer is usually for movies and books because there is same problem in movies and book.

most obvious one is harry potter how they turned hermione black and one of the wizards gay. Variety for variety’s sake. they did all of these after like idk 12 books or something. bs.

which adds to her charm

she got has much charm has a nerdy librarian, which is none.

1 Like

I believe you meant to say extremely charming. Nerdy librarians are awesome.

Every character looks different in cinematic universes. I mean, look at reaper’s mask for example, the mask looks ‘‘angrier’’ in the cinematics

1 Like

Brigitte looks nothing like Mercy. If anything she closely resembles Zara a bit and even then they still look different. Comparing Brigitte to Mercy is like comparing Junkrat to McCree.

Literally a lot of in game character models don’t look like their cinematic versions. They are reduced in quality for the game so what do you expect here?