Why doesn't Ana have any "help me" voicelines

I’m not sure if this is a story question, but I know I am more likely to get a serious answer here than some meme answer I would get in general discussion. However, I am wondering if there is an intentional character/design reason she has none. every support hero calls out for help when hurt except Ana (Baptiste does not either but they haven’t added any new voicelines for him so I think that’s an unrelated thing). Were none recorded/written for her or did they just forget to put them in the game for… 4 years?

1 Like

If it was a matter of character, I’m sure they could think of a way to have her request help while still fitting that image. Ashe, for example, has very rude voice lines for her “I need healing” requests. Reaper’s “hello” voice lines also make him seem friendlier and more approachable than he actually is.

That said, I don’t really get why they would intentionally leave them out for her otherwise, considering more self-sufficient healers like Brigitte and Moira have them. Maybe they really just forgot and never bothered to record them later. Nobody pays attention to them anyway.

Well, if they really just forgot for four years then I suppose at least me making this thread raises the chances of it being brought to attention

2 Likes

Ana does have “help me” lines in the voice files - maybe they just haven’t been set to play when she takes damage?

2 Likes

Her voice actress might not be able to do the lines in time as the others.

Pretty much like Ashe who doesn’t have any Halloween voice lines, might be because her VA is very busy.

This remind me that ever since she was released players, including myself, have been asking for a “I’m reloading” voice line for Ana. (of course it would only play when she emptied her magazine while healing someone)
I feel like it’s something that she should have from the start.

1 Like

Probably an oversight.
Then again, she’s been the only one without them for a while.

1 Like