Why does widow even need to do 300 dmg

Now that Ashe is in the game, by your logic they might as well delete Widow and leave Ashe to do the sniping (for the record I personally wouldn’t mind this). Ashe gets more shots, doesn’t get as much tunnelvision or slowdown from her scope, and has extra tools.

I mean she still cant one shot tanks either way but i guess i agree

SAYS THE DOOMFIST MAIN???

no offense to you but doomfist can also one shot

Yep.

Indeed he can.

But his one hit is a telegraphed ability that projects his intention both visibly and audibly, it fires automatically in about half a second after reaching full charge, has a max range of 20 meters, can’t inherently be aimed up or down, requires a target to not only be hit by the ability, but also bounce into a wall after the initial impact- within a finite angle of course, too steep and they’ll slide along it instead, has a cooldown,

And still does less than a widow headshot.

I’ve stated numerous time I have zero issues with one shots in and of themselves.

But I feel that type of power should come with the caveat of announcing to players during a windup whats about to come, giving them an appreciable window to respond to that level of power- and have the associated cost of an ability cooldown so if the ability is avoided / dodged / negated / whatever, there’s a window where opponents can work around it.

If widow had these considerations on her one shot- I would have absolutely zero problems with it.

1 Like

Just remove grapple. Make it to something else, that she still gets to high places, because she is a sniper.
It’s a free mobility card she got (even on a “long” cooldown) and gives her WAY to much value.

you forgot the /s Fruity.

1 Like

Good. Switch to someone else like everybody else has to when they’re getting pressured.

Ashe is a better designed widow than widow there should never be an instance of ohko outside of 40m unless damage boosted

1 Like

You make it sound ok that Hanzo is the 250hp hero assassin. Why would people accept him having random-shots-into-choke 1-shots and be complaining about widow? Nobody likes being 1-shot by Hanzo either, and he is even worse because his are much less skill most of the time. His headshots are so random on many maps that it’s a joke that he has 1-shot at all. He needs fixed just as much as widow. And having 1-shot AND sonic arrow is the dumbest combination of abilities in the game.

1 Like

And the solution? Lower Hanzo’s damage to get rid of his 1-shot and still give widow more damage than Hanzo. Problem solved.

I’ve said this many times but I think her HS damage such be 275 for fully charged shots. It limits her tank busting potential and removes a few thresholds. But it still lets you 1 shot 200/250 hp heroes.

Well 2 tapping hog is nice tbh

The only threshold 275 breaks is roadhog lol u can still two shot rein etc and as it is now u can’t two shot dva so that’s irrelevant. And if anything they’d make the max damage go to 270 so it’s 2.25 instead of 2.5 they aren’t going to make some random headshot multiplyer like 2.3562738737377474747

Hanzo is a projectile name me one point in time two projectile dps have been meta at the same time (hanzo mei doesn’t count as mei was played for freeze n wall)
Of course he should have 250 dmg without it he’d be bad
Hitscans may require more “skill” to you but in that very same coin they’re also much much much more consistent (especially at the highest forms of play) so who cares if randomly a god tier or even bad hanzo one shots you because it’s not going to happen consistently.
That’s the key to why hitscans are so good is there consistency

You lost me on the torb part, though. The other ones I do agree with, however, Torb is just a Hanzo without steroids and even better sometimes due to his HP increase.

Torb can literally spam chokes like Hanzo and still get undeserve/lucky kills. Widow, Ashe, Cree cannot do that for instance.

I would honestly decrease Widow’s full charged headshot from 300 to 250 and then body shots to 80. Also, Hanzo’s headhost dmg should go down to 180 or 200 tops since he can spam arrows too easily and get kills that were not even intentional as If he was Junkrat but with a far quickier one shot potential…

Why does any hero need to do damage? Why can’t we just have pillow launchers and have slumber parties on the objective?

The people who complain about Widow are the ones who walk in straight lines, think jumping is dodging, don’t use line of sight to their advantage, and refuse to play her counters.

1 Like

the people who claim that widow is fine and deserve to deal 300 dmg are the one who never played against a master+ or a smurf widow decimating their team uncontested because her only true counter is having an even better widow.
She doesn’t need 300 per crit, it’s extremely stupid, her job should be to deal with squishy characters, she shouldn’t deal so much damage to tanks or one shot the heroes with 250 hp. (neither should hanzo)

2 Likes

Reverting her crit multiplier wouldn’t change much anyways.

She’ll still be able to do 240 on headshot, and one-shot all 200 hp heroes. Most 250 hp would be edging that and they still have to retreat anyways.

because she lacks damage or extreme influence from her ultimate to do anything of actual worth by itself?
her sniper rifle is both her normal weapon and her real ultimate.

everytime widow pops off, that’s like she just used an ultimate.

Yes. High skill deserves high rewards. You don’t get to pretend that this isn’t true just by putting “muh” in the explaination.

Similarly

Yes. Snipers have to one shot since that’s the whole idea of snipers. You don’t get to pretend this is wrong just by alternating your shift key.

Why? To make it easier on you? Ashe should be the model sniper so that you wouldn’t have to worry about widowmaker snipping you? Do you see how sad that is? Instead of learning to counter widowmaker, you’d rather the character was just easier?

1 Like