Why does widow even need to do 300 dmg

especially when tank head hitboxes are so much bigger she can literally murder them

the headshot multiplier also just lets her 1 tap squishes without a full charged shot

and no “she has a sniper rifle so it should do a ton of damage” doesn’t sit with me.

she does not need this much power with minimal effective counterplay as of right now. it is super super weird how widow is being picked more than ashe in gm at this point.

80 Likes

Bc muh skill deserves damage

Nerfing hitscan is stupid in a fps because aim justifies unbalanced mechanics

21 Likes

I don’t buy the aim argument. There are lot of heroes that require aim that don’t one shot. Mei’s right click is one of the hardest to aim abilities in the game and doesn’t immediately oneshot. Firestrike is very hard to aim at non tanks, but doesn’t one shot. I think people think flick precision shots = aim, but thats just one type of aim. Tracking is also aim, and I argue much more skillful, yet soldier isn’t doing much damage right now.

Quite frankly, I think Widow, Ashe, and Cree, take way less aim than a good left clicking Torbjorn, or a right clicking Mei sniper, or even a tracking Sym.

58 Likes

I wasn’t being serious

Agreed btw, but unfortunately, most skill-elitists want a dollar-tree CS:GO from this game.

If it doesn’t click and shoot, they don’t deem it worthy of existing.

not that it’s on topic, but we can’t even argue aim in terms of flicks/cross-hair positioning/tracking are a good representation of skill when your positioning will decide how difficult landing shots will be

playing safe and using a lot of cover limits your sightlines and you’ll need tremendous crosshair positioning to make up for it. Playing aggressive and holding down sight-lines allows you to best utilize your tracking but leaves you open and ofc will punish you for missing a whole lot more.

etc etc on how aim is reflective upon game sense.

12 Likes

Honestly, I’m fine with her having 300 dmg. It means she has a chance against tanks diving, even if it still leans heavily against her. Any decent dive tank in a 1v1 with a widow of the same skill will win all the flights, bar the widow getting peel (in which case, it’s not a 1v1).

If you’re getting sniped from across the map and taking 300 dmg, use cover, use shields, use cooldowns and move. Yeah losing 300 HP that fast sucks, especially since your head is easy to hit as a tank, but if you play it properly you’ll live.

7 Likes

Oh and forgot to mention.
Landing a projectile will never be as easy as the click&fire/spray&pray hitscans :yawning_face:

𝐹𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝓂𝑒 :sparkles:

12 Likes

hOw CaN sHe Be A sNiPeR iF sHe DoEsNt AlWaYs OnE sHoT?!/1?1/1

sNiPeRs HaVe To AlWaYs OnE sHoT!1!1!1

15 Likes

The game shouldn’t have had super long range one shots in the first place. Ashe should have been the model for a sniper character from the get-go.

20 Likes

Because counterplay goes both ways.

If you can’t 2 tap a dive tank you will die every single time against a skilled player. Good monkeys can do ~80 per jump and can go butt first to hide the head hitbox.

4 Likes

Still, dive tanks aren’t even a viable pick, roadhog and zarya trally denies every way of diving, even using characters like doomfist, genji is kinda throwing rn

I’ve always been a fan of lowering her to 80 damage bodyshots with the same modifier (which would be 200 damage even). They could adjust charge time to compensate for this, so she still gets to 200 damage in the same time she does now.

Still destroys squishies on headshot, makes bodyshot bandit playstyle less viable, gives Hanzo the 250hp hero assassin niche (instead of just being Projectile Widow whose bad 95% of the time), and can’t 2shot any tanks but Zarya or Sigma.

The main downside I see is that Rally now completely neuters her, and countering Widow isn’t supposed to be Brigs job (then again didn’t OG Rally gave 100 armor?)

5 Likes

I think you are comparing apples and oranges. I find it hard to left click with torb, but I have no problems landing shots as mei. Symmetra tracking is laughably easy.

1 Like

Literally what would be the point of widow if she couldn’t

go ahead, explain.

6 Likes

Found the widow main.

But hey- since youre here, gladly. Lets go for it.

The “point” of widow would be what its always been- Long range sight line control through the employment of precision hit scan based burst damage.

The thing is, you dont have to have the threat of a one shot on your primary fire to be capable of doing that.

However- I never said widow shouldnt have a one shot at all.

I just dont think she (nor any hero) needs to have a one shot on their primary attack.

Im all for one shots- But i feel within the context of overwatch they should be both telegraphed, allowing an appreciable window to respond to the potential death threat before it happens- And tethered to the associated cost of an ability cooldown.

9 Likes

gasp you know i play her alot :o

If she didnt have a one shot Ashe would just do this but better.

Lol just add a laser on it

The only useful thing in Widow’s entire kit is her sniping capabilities. Take away her ability to kill something in either one shot (in the case of squishies) or a few shots (in the case of tanks that are stupidly out of position) and she becomes completely useless. The fact of the matter is this, and I know you people probably don’t care for facts, but Widow, unlike every other hero, is only powerful in the hands of someone who can aim. Very few people can actually pull off the kind of Widow playing that you people constantly complain about. She’s fine as is, there are plenty of things you can do to counter her, you people just don’t like to switch to do it.

3 Likes

Yeah. The correct way is to relentlessly target the widow and ruin their fun.

1 Like

Is this not with any other hero that is doing good on the enemy team or…?

Not for me lol

Well at least in deathmatch. Game starts and I see a widow, hamtaro time.

Sounds to me like its not a widow issue.
Its a issue teams working together to cover up other weakspots.

Just like… Every single meta we had?

2 Likes