Why does torb turret not have falloff

It seems like turret is still this extremely strong thing that noone knows how to deal with

Adding falloff would help players deal with the turret more calmly

1 Like

It is infuriating when people don’t kill turrets. But they’re supposed to be punishing to the unwary. However they are so weak to focus fire that they can shut it down pretty easily. Falloff may totally gimp torb.

8 Likes

The last thing that Torb really needs is a nerf. The turret is already pretty weak when it’s not being completely ignored by people on the team who can easily kill it.

but if you’re gonna ignore the turret, it’s kind of your own team’s fault when it starts killing your squishies.

4 Likes

Because it has a hard limit on it’s range and it does something like 54 dps.

1 Like

I think what you mean is, why can torb build a turret on the super high perch on Hollywood 1st? I don’t know if there is long range turret spot on any other map that is any good.

1 Like

How to kill turret.

Step 1-Shoot turret,

Step 2-one and half seconds later…

Turret dies.

Repeat steps 1 and 2 as necessary.

It’s probably the weakest ability in the game, and that’s saying something since some abilities and ults don’t even do damage.

Even that spot isn’t good if the enemy team has any hitscans, also turret has limited range so it doesn’t shoot you from far enough away.

The strongest part of the turret is the fact you have to target a 7th ‘player’ for a moment while the enemy gets to focus on you.

76 and his rocket is the reason. Because if that rocket ever gets nerfed people will understand then.

His turret as a turret is terrible in any situation, but it works great as backdoor penetration alarm. All those Pesky Tracers or Hamsters trying to backdoor you…

2 Likes

Some torbs like myself can 1 shot widows halfway across the map while Simultaneously killing a pharoh dive-bomb people.

Pro tip: You can abuse corner peeks to take out stationary turrets, it works for Bastion as well.

Well, you could squint and pretend it does have a fall off of -100% at 40m.

1 Like

Cause it’s a projectile? Plus it’s not that hard to deal with the turret as it is

Considering it has like a 12 second CD, a 3 second I belive build up time… it’s down more than it’s up in most matches. As others said it also has a hard range limit of about 30m. Oh and takes close to a second to spot a target and fire.

Seriously it doesn’t even counter what it used to which was high mobility hero’s. Even tracer can one clip the thing, never mind just peek and shoot to take no dmg from it. Even if you utterly ignore said turret usually any kind of healing is more than enough to heal through it’s dmg.

Torb’s turret gets the same hate as Moira’s orb. because that 1hp genji bouncing around felt like they would of been invincible if it wasn’t for an auto aim turret.