Why does the easiest hero in the game have no counter?

OP is gold
13 hours on Genji

Big oof…

I going to take advice from pros first then some gold support main with a clear bias against DPS

Genji is not easy but he’s not hard to learn the basics of
basics:

1. target supports and heros that don’t have a large health pool and an unreliable escape
  2. spam shurikens better than AKM does
  3. don’t try to 1v6
  4. he is better with team play compared to solo play

Convenient soundbite.

And they have enough advice on how to take care of Winstons and his other counters. I don’t think he is the easiest to play, but I think he’s an easy to pick up hero with an enormous skill ceiling. The deflect is the only thing I feel was a crutch to him. Glad it’s gone.

In my two or three hours of playing him, I also learned how to animation cancel shurikens, how to animation cancel his ult, how to deflect ultimates (although now with the hitbox nerf, it won’t be as easy as it used to be), 1v1 Winston, that Dash can strike enemies you dash away from, and that looking up usually helps extend the Dragonblade hitbox.

He’s easy to pick up and play, but he’s really difficult to get value out of unless you’ve spend a good time practicing him. Hence I said he has one of the biggest skill ceilings in the game.

1 Like

That is all true and is should be know, what many people don’t know and wont learn easily is how to initiate with the team, or how to use his ult effectively, its actually alot like d.va’s ult it has great potential but is not the most easily utilized due to the complexity of his kit and how diverse teams can be due to the always expanding hero pool, I have prolly spent like 70ish hours on him and I still struggle with the ults and not trying to 1v6’ thats why I am playing mccree he is better for improving aim do to the revolver not having any spread and can be used amazingly if played with the team correctly just like genji (other than mccree not being a dive hero) (btw anna I have an alt that I got 4ish months ago its high plat low diamond, mostly played genji, I just am very unpredictable when it comes to how well I do :shushing_face: which is why I don’t play comp much and also am still in gold on this account)( the enemy teams had called me annoying a f*** and my teammates praised me until I reached my 6th placement match and also my genji play started to look like a gold play style LOL so I played other heros like moira for the last four games)

Yesterday actually I had 49%ish weapon accuracy on mccree ( I know weapon accuracy does not define skill) and was just doing much better than I usually do 80% of the time

If he was easy and uncounterable everyone in top500 would be genji mains.

Alright I’m gonna say it. You are not good and if you complain about genji as a hard moira one trick you deserve your low rank in you hundreds of hours playing. You won’t ever learn and you blame people and heroes for your mistake. Ggs in gold my friend

And you know what other hero cant use deflect against beam weapons??

All others heros. But the others heros dont have dash, double jump and wallclimp to run away of the beams heros.

I have 30 hours on Gengu and still if you saw me play him you would think the person behind the controls was using their feet

am sry but who is using a broken hero to be in a rank that cleary dont matter only for ppl like you. After i got my gold weapon i just play placementes bcuz i dont care about ranks…am sry if you dont like it. And you avoid all points bcuz you know am right…you are the clasic player that wont change of his dps wining and blaming some1 else for your lose. keep it up you just valitating my points. c ya.

Well, it’s as I said, he’s easy to pick up and learn, but he requires proper skill and team coordination to be good. His ult is one of the best in the game, in terms of value and in terms of average kills.
Good luck with climbing! I only commented on the SR because Overbuff showed me your average SR. I really only use this alt to have fun in Overwatch when I can, if I can (hard to with so many sexist remarks if I perchance turn on my mic or just join a game). I only have competitive time because I start at the very end of the season to get the seasonal rewards (CP mostly).

1 Like

ye I will
20 character limit

just to let you know, my alt is crobatfan

If Genji is so easy, why are your Genji stats so bad? :thinking:

Easiest hero? Genji?
I think that title goes to Brigitte or Mercy.
Possibly even Moira.

That’s a huge discredit.
Moira requires a lot of situational awareness (look at how bad dps Moiras are) and good balancing between heals and damage (she can run out of heals fast and stay without resource if she’s bad).
Mercy, I might agree with, after that rework. With mass rez, it was always a matter of staying alive and knowing when to rez. Most times it would be a two man rez or one man rez. Holding on to it is extremely unwise. Now, she’s really just a 30s rez bot that happens to have an ult that grants flight.
Brigitte, same deal as Moira. Very easily punished if she’s bad, takes quite a bit to be a useful hero.

I’d say no hero is truly no skill or “too easy”, all need some form of awareness and game sense, and skill, to get their full value out. Genji, for example, is a really, really easy hero to pick to and play, but you actually need to be very good and coordinated as him to get his full value out.

Try him.

You might be able to get yourself out of gold with him since he takes no skill.

I mean, if genji gets glose to brigitte he is cooked

Find a pro who says genji is easy or that Moira is hard. Gl