Why does the easiest hero in the game have no counter?

Spam-Jump-Deflect-Till-Ult-Genku. Don’t cry about Brigitte. You do need a counter, desperately.

9 Likes

Winston, Mei, Zarya, and Moira are some of his counters. They all can go through his reflect easily.

25 Likes

Winston does very well vs Genji,timing your jump is the key to taking him down.

2 Likes

Winston is the only constant counter to Genji, and even then he’s not that reliable.
McCree will be a decent counter once they get around to fixing deflect’s hitbox.

3 Likes

A good Genji will outplay a good Winston.

As for OP, I’d consider Moira and Brigitte a counter to him, especially because they both have self heal, and Brigitte has armor and stun.

6 Likes

As much as I hate genji, you can’t say that he requires the least skill in the game.

EDIT: Made my comment easier to understand.

23 Likes

He’s one of the few heroes that I legitimately cannot play. There’s so many things you can mess up… I definitely agree lol

1 Like

even tho i do think genji is kinda of annoying he’s not an easy hero to play and he’s probably one of the hardest hero to play

the only really change i would like to see is something done with his deflect animation , but i feel like that it .

2 Likes

it isnt a day in the forums without a hardstuck gold portrait gold saying genji is op and “easy”.

genji is top 5 hardest characters and is countered by many high moblity + high health heroes.

7 Likes

First he is not the easiest hero, he is defiantly top hardest heroes to pick up and play, as well as master. Genji also has many counters, pretty much any hero in the game that he cannot deflect counters him. Genji is kind of in the same boat as widow were a god their player makes them seem broken levels of insane, most people make him seem like he is under powered.

Let it sink in my dude.

4 Likes

What’s your point, you use barriers to block beam moves.

Simple fix
We need mirrors

TL;DR: Genji doesn’t have an actual hard counter.

Longer ver:

Not only that he can outplayed the counters, he also have 3 out of jail free cards with very low CD (Dash, Deflect, Wallclimb), unlike Winston, one of his “counters”, only have 2 (Jump pack and shield) with a significantly higher CD.

No one in the game have as much jail free cards as him. Not even Tracer.

You guys can read more in the post I quote from.

1 Like

easiest hero? are you sure we’re playing the same game?

Torb has many counters, but no peer

definitely not an easy character to play well but he does need a nerf for sure

1 Like

this guy is so right…genji mains cry when finally blizzard after 2 years will fix his broken kit.

Can somebody post the link to that hydration video in here. I’m tired of explaining to people why claiming genji doesn’t have a counter is asinine. Maybe they’ll receive better coming from a pro :man_shrugging:t5:

The only one I can find is Hydration’s being interviewed in OWL about how to Genji blade. You can post links, just put it like this.

Click the "</>" one and then type in.

If it doesn’t work, just put .png at the end or give somewhere in the link a space.