Why does the easiest hero in the game have no counter?

lol im 600+ h’s in game and still bad at genji. He is not that easy to be proper with.

2 Likes

Regardless of what the issue is, saying Genji is the easiest hero has to be the most ill-thought out, zero-evidence comment I have ever heard in the entire history of Overwatch.

He is popular, yes. He takes advantage of bad players if he is played well, yes. But he is not easy to play.

As for counters, someone has already pointed out many. And Winston was a main of mine and Genjis snap, crackle and pop quite easily.

3 Likes

I never had issues to counter Genjis when playing Symmetra. :wink:

no…
no genji main is crying about the “nerf” its a fix and i havnt seen a single forum post gain attention on a genji main crying about the nerf
plat and under moira mains seem to always blatantly hate on dps players

2 Likes

…easiest hero in the game? Genji? I don’t play Genji very much but I’m pretty sure that’s wrong. I tried to play him in retribution a few days ago and i sucked so bad that i actually apologized to my team even though we beat it.
As for counters, Moira, Winston, Zarya, and probably others I can’t remember. There are way easier heroes in the game, like come on.

2 Likes

Not really. Winston wins the 1v1 everytime. If you make him run away to a healthpack thats almost as good as killing him.

Genji can stay out of range and keep using shuriken. Winston is leaping towards him? Dash in Winston’s direction, damaging him for 75 HP, then keep spamming until you exchange positions again.
As I said, a good Genji can and will outplay a good Winston. However, in an enclosed space, just as with Moira, Genji is powerless.

You’re assuming he uses leap to initiate the fight. Good winstons save leap for dash.

Watch any Diamond+ game and you’ll see this.

A good Genji will avoid a Winston. Genji won’t get close to Winston, unless Winston leaps towards him. Again, this is assuming it’s a 1v1.
With mobility for both Tracer and Genji, they can avoid their hard counters well enough. Brigitte is an exception because her hitbox is pretty big.

but Winston still counters him.

Therefore your title is wrong. I would say “what do you want, a delete button?” but Brigitte exists now. so have fun.

Edit: confused OP with Anna, I’m dumb sorry.

What do you mean, my title? Lol

Winston could be considered a soft counter, but by all means not a hard counter.

Be a better soldier than he is a genji? I do fine with that often. Winston/Bridgitte/Moira also counter him pretty hard.

hey i don’t disagree with you, but op is scapegoat, not Anna

1 Like

I didn’t make this topic. It’s not hard to look at who originally posted the topic and realize that their name isn’t mine.

oh thought she was the OP, my bad.

1 Like

I can solo-kill ulting Genjis. As Lucio. He’s not remotely hard if you practice against it enough.

sorry, I mixed up you and OP for some reason.

1 Like

funny how sombra aint even part of the conversation even tho she can turn genji into a cyborg cripple in way under a second …

1 Like

That’s fine. No problem. :slight_smile:

I used to bring her up as an option but then everyone would just tell me she’s trash-tier. (Not true, but no point in posting something no one will listen to)