Why does Sombra remove passives?

I get hacked.
“Oh no my legs don’t work anymore, I can’t run” -Soldier 76
“Oh no I can’t climb small ledges anymore” -Genji and Hanzo
“Oh no I can’t even listen to music anymore” -Lucio
Ok, point being, why are passives hackable. It makes Sombra so much more annoying to play against, and not only that, but the game makes even less sense than it already does.

11 Likes

His legs are bionic.

Genji has cyber-agility. Idk about Hanzo.

Lucio has technology all over his outfit so…

18 Likes

He is completely human from top to bottom.

His super tech is serums (chemicals) not nanites (tiny bots in Healing tech)

6 Likes

SINCE WHEN ARE HIS LEGS BIONIC? Grillmaster 76 skin would like to have a word with you.
Also, Genji has a human skin too, what’s the point.

7 Likes

Because videogame…

4 Likes

Welcome to Overwatch, the game that you play as you grow older, just to turn bipolar.

She removes things you press a button to use, with the exception of some ults and your weapon.

Also not a passive.

19 Likes

Grillmaster 76 isn’t canon, in the same way Mercy isn’t a witch or a Greek goddess, Symmetra isn’t a dragon or a Hindu goddess and how Zarya isn’t a furry or a goth.

Genji is a cyborg now. That skin is Genji in the past.

3 Likes

Technically Hanzo doesn’t have anything cybernetic on him, but gameplay purposes vs lore aren’t the same thing. So… hacks everywhere.

6 Likes

Anything can be hacked…or anyone.

16 Likes

Might as well be considered one, no one classifies sprint as an ability anyways.
Also, in game, take the buttons out of the equation.
The game makes no sense anymore.
That’s my point, she shouldn’t be able to do something that physically isn’t possible.
you can’t hack someone’s bones can you?

Talking space monkey who builds time controlling devices would like a word.

6 Likes

I wonder why the game is so unfun to play if there are people playing Sombra… HmmmMMmmMMmm.
Hint: You can’t do anything, not even climb, or run, or roll, etc.

Literally everyone except you seems to recognise it as an ability.

The game never made sense to begin with.

4 Likes

Lore logic has nothing to do with gameplay. By that logic, Fire Strike should melt anything Mei dishes out. Bastion shouldn’t be able to do anything at all when hacked, even move. Genji shouldn’t be able to deflect all those bullets. Etc. Etc.

The basic logic of her hack is thusly:

Did you press a button to control it? Is it tied to a weapon? If the answer to those questions is “yes” and then “no” then it’s probably hacked.

1 Like

Dude, just stop. Just look at Winston and Hammond and go back and rethink your thread.

Yeah, but if the game makes no sense whatsoever, not even a bit, the game has bad game design.
The game should make at least a little bit of sense.

Still doesn’t remove brig’s. I think it’s unfair.

1 Like

It does make sense. You just don’t like the answer. It has two major rules. And doesn’t apply to passives that don’t fit into those rules.

Why not give Sombra 1000 HP, Infinite hacks, 1000 Damage per bullet, and 1000 Ammo, and can’t get hit out of stealth, and be able to make the enemy not even able to shoot, and emp should affect everyone in the map.