Why does my character reset after I pick them , but if I pick last it doesn't reset

Does anyone have this problem? I almost always have to re-pick the character I have chosen. Is blizzard trying to tell me to chose a different character?? because it only seems to be happening to me I don’t see anyone else having to re-pick.

1 Like

It’s a visual bug. You don’t actually unlock. I have voicelines set to alt, and it’ll play them depending where my cursor is when I tab back in to prep on defense.

the game still recognizes you picked it but you have to reselect for some reason.

like when i pick mercy i can still hear her say “ill be watching over you” as if she spawned like normal but i still have to choose. its a weird bug for sure

i see it happen more often when im alt tabbed out after selecting but idk if thats the cause…

1 Like

You would think that they would fix that, if so many players have this problem??

1 Like

It’s a known bug

Idk how long until it’s patched but it has been mentioned in the bug report section of the forums im sure

I don’t alt out of screen. I’m just waiting for the timer to run out but it still happens. Very frustrating , it forces me to pick last .

That happens to me a lot, you’re not alone. You pick a hero and confirm, then when the time runs out, it disconfirms and you have to re-pick it.

Well as far as I know, to everyone else it still looks like you picked it, I’ve had people saying hi to me in spawn and stuff when it happens.

They probably don’t fix it because it isn’t a high priority.

I agree. Since it doesn’t happen to everyone they won’t do a thing. It’s been going on for a awhile now, and I guess I will just have to live with it. The frustrating part is if I wait to pick last someone else picks the character I was gonna choose.

Man don’t do that, you can pick a hero to secure it, then when the timer runs out you just reconfirm it. Simple work around.

It seems that the next patch will fix that for us:
1.38 Patch Notes

2 Likes