Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – June 24, 2019

(Molly Fender) #1

Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – June 24, 2019

A new Overwatch patch is currently in development and now available for testing! To share your feedback or report and issue, please post in the PTR Feedback or PTR Bug Report forums.

Please note that the below patch notes only include changes currently available for testing on the PTR. While many of these changes will also be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in a future patch, the PTR is PC-only and only reflects changes coming specifically to that platform.

PATCH HIGHLIGHTS

New Feature: Subtitles

Choose between 3 additive levels of subtitling: Critical Gameplay, Critical Gameplay + Conversations, and Everything. This new feature was created to improve the gameplay experience for players that are deaf or hard of hearing, and also for players who enjoy reading closed captions.

WORKSHOP UPDATES

General

• Added the ability for scripters to measure the server performance of the current game instance.
    • Three new values make this possible:
      • Server Load - Provides a percentage representing the CPU load of the current game instance.
      • Server Load Average - Provides a percentage representing the average CPU load of the current game instance over the last two seconds.
      • Server Load Peak - Provides a percentage representing the highest CPU load of the current game instance over the last two seconds.
    • As these numbers approach or exceed 100, it becomes increasingly likely that the game instance will be shut down because it is consuming too many resources.
    • A new preset example displays these values as HUD text in the upper-left corner of the screen. The rule in the preset can be copied into other scripts to help identify performance problem areas.
  • When a game instance shuts down due to excessive Workshop script load, a new error message is displayed in the chat window (instead of the “unexpected error” message).
  • Additional strings added.

BUG FIXES

General

• Fixed a bug that could cause players who have selected a hero during the Hero Select Phase to have their hero deselected when the Setup Phase begins.

Workshop

• Fixed a bug that caused "Set Invisible" to function incorrectly for Reinhardt when using secondary fire while viewing in 3P.
  • Custom Game: Fixed a bug that could cause AI bots to become stuck on their way to the capture point on the Oasis: University map

Heroes

Baptiste

• Fixed a visual inconsistency with Baptiste’s head with his Spec Ops skin equipped.

Hanzo

• Fixed a bug that could cause a dead Hanzo’s bow to appear floating above the ground, when that Hanzo had his Kabuki skin equipped.

Roadhog

• Fixed a bug where Roadhog’s chain would sometimes not render in first person

Moira

• Fixed a bug where Moira’s Coalescence would sometimes not render in first person

Huge PTR update!
Junk's projectile size buffed on PTR?
Let's fix Ashe, she needs buffs
PTR Patch notes just released
Place your nerf predictions down below
Deaf Players Can't Hear Voice Lines
Hero 31 WILL be announced within 24 hours, mark my words!
Huge PTR update!
My predictions for the future
Massive new feature on PTR
Subtitles should disable in game audio
Custom game servers are way too weak
Server crashes still not fixed?
Overwatch doesn't lock my hero when starting game
Why does my character reset after I pick them , but if I pick last it doesn't reset
(Molly Fender) pinned #2

Huge PTR update!

HOORAY! This is huge for a good portion of our community!

Also thank you… this has been driving me crazy for months.

very disappointing, but i guess i’ll take it

are we ever going to get balance changes?

I’m glad they are doing something for the people who have trouble hearing everything going on, So that’s nice for the people with hearing problems. (you can see the ult voicelines now, so that’s pretty cool)

Please Blizzard, give us the ability to give someone temp armor and shields in Workshop .-.

As someone who is partially deaf, and has Auditory Processing Disorder, this is something that I have been hoping for for a long time. I cant tell you how many times I’ve missed an ultimate voice line (and got killed from it) because of all the noise going on. Reading this brought tears to my eyes. Thank you Overwatch team

woohoo subs! i struggle with bad sensory overload and subtitles on things help if i want voices to be a bit quieter, or if i struggle to discern sounds - not to mention all those who are HoH!! i’m so happy they implemented this :slight_smile:

Nope. We have the final version of the game right now.

I am still glad doomfist has 41+ active bugs.

Please bring back the linger damage on slam. PLEASE.

the new hitscan slam (or reins shatter tech on doomfist slam) is actually a nerf!!!

So…they fixed his skin but did not fix his ult?

rip

Glad to see 0 doomfist bug fixes.

Any fix on Baptiste’s ult not amplifying any healing? Has been broken since his matrix/healing got buffed.

Blizz, are you not aware this is happening with all maps? because it’s happening on all maps.

Agreed. We provided footage of some of many Doomfist crucial bugs on that post and we are being ignored.

Fix sliders, fix seismic not going off, fix seismic slam no regs, fix meteor strike landing on high ground when the reticle is below, fix rocket punch whiffing on corners, fix literally ANY of his 40+ bugs

I’m excited to hear about subtitles. Though I am curious, what is the difference between the three levels or subtitles?

increase the 45 degrees slides happening on doomfist rocket punch. the geometry of the maps dont favor doomfist at all, it needs to be buffed to 55

Not to mention all the random bits of geometry that are literally impossible to get wall damage off of. For example, in training mode, there’s a mass of pipes in the covered area where the 4 bots are pacing back and forth. The bots slide off of that object 100% of the time

No fixes for the weird buzzing noise during channeled ults on Xbox?

Mind providing a list of the added strings? Given how long it is, I’d rather not sort through thousands of strings looking for the unknown number of added ones.