Why does Mercy have help voice lines and Zenyatta doesn't?

Yes, but how hard is it exactly to get out your pistol

7 Likes

“report battle mercy for throwing”

14 Likes

Lol. Most Mercys focus completely on healing. Pistol is a last resort.

3 Likes

yeah it’s kind of strange that Mercy is the only support player who has these lines, and she has one of the best escape abilities

6 Likes

She isn’t supposed to be a dps

She’s clearly gone into shock at that point

6 Likes

This has been requested a few times, and I think we will probably be adding automatic “help me” voice lines to the other support characters in the future.

221 Likes

Thank you, but Lucio’s better be hilarious.

63 Likes

Great! But what about, instead of asking for healing, they ask for help? Just a though.

18 Likes

Zenny is a strong, independent robot with balls of steel.

36 Likes

The only reason Mercy has the help lines is because she generally has the staff equiped. Her only damage is the dinky little pea shooter that she has to switch to. I think Zen help lines would be good to though because of his lack of mobility. Honestly I think Ana needs it more, even with sleep, if an enemy dives you its hard to stay alive.

4 Likes

I mean, there is a delay, and it can matter, especially if you have to switch back to heal someone who is low.

2 Likes

“Yo? Where is everyone? Getting shot at here!”

13 Likes

Zen doesn’t need “help”, do not humiliate him plz.

8 Likes

People tend to ignore those voicelines anyway. Mercys calling for help many times when flanked and people just going they merry way shooting to first red thing in sight.

4 Likes

Because Zenyatta is the One Who Knocks.

10 Likes

Speaking of which? What WOULD be his help lines?

“The enemy is focusing their malice on me.”
“Friends, help me to overcome this hardship.”
“Pain is challenging me. I will endure.”

Lucio:

“Getting kinda hot in here, guys.”
“Yo, you guys still with me?”
“Playing now: Not-feeling-so-good inc.”

Moira:
“Critics everywhere…”
“If you want to stay healthy you should see to keeping me healthy as well.”
“Ignorance is getting into the way of my work yet again…”

Ana:
“Help requested.”
“Cover me!”
“I am under attack!”

Like this, perhaps?

59 Likes

I could imagine Zenyatta saying “I require your attention!” in his monotone voice, or Ana saying “Assistance needed soldier!”

3 Likes

I’m worried about automatic voice lines. I play both Mercy and other characters so I can understand issues from both sides. From Mercy’s point of view, the voice lines seem to sometimes trigger at a stray bullet coming from Reaper on the other side of the room, and sometimes they don’t seem to happen at all despite me being shot right in the face. From other heroes’ point of view the callout is often lost in the sounds of battle (the range seems pretty small? Maybe I’m just filtering it out nowadays?) and hearing it doesn’t always mean Mercy is in actual danger because of the stray bullet problem I mentioned above.

Personally, I think, a better option would be to replace I need healing command of healers with Help me command that the players trigger manually through the use of menu or hotkey. It would mean that the Group up healer specific command that occurs when looking at a teammate would no longer be available but hey, maybe we could use the actual Group up command if we need it.

A Help me command would probably require maximum range, what good is to hear it when you’re on the other side of the map? Some people might be concerned about its misuse, but personally I think it has same amount of abuse potential as the I need healing command.

What sense does it make for healers to say they need healing when they’re the only ones who can hear it anyway? They don’t need heals, they need help!

12 Likes

“Don’t, Look, Don’t look, I leaked some Oil”
“The Iris is Fading, I need Assistance”
“I am about to be one with the Iris”
“So this is what pain feels like”

3 Likes