Why do you want clans/guilds?

Its just nice to be apart of an ensemble of friends and people with similar interests. When we do get guilds I’m makin a Roadrat one lol bein a one man army is tiring.

3 Likes

If they add guilds it will be awsome because it’ll work like that.
LFG (to find good teammates) > clan/guild (to stay together) > Open Division > Contenders Tryals > Contenders League > Overwatch League.
Just a stairway into pro play (for those good enough but stuck in ELO hell or just too much of team players).

1 Like

Yeah, this.

I feel like a separate guild-specific ladder could be a very interesting addition.

They could even make it 8v8 to let it stand out from ‘regular’ comp. Pretty sure 8v8 is manageable performance-wise on both the server and client side. And it wouldn’t hugely impact overall hero balance. The extra 2 slots would make for less rigid ideal team comps and allow more room for utility focused heroes like Symmetra and Mei to be picked up more often.

Even with just regular 6v6 a guild ladder would still be pretty cool.

1 Like

2D is better then 3D Jester. Fite me.

K

(Chomp) “Taste like the uninformed”

1 Like

Now that I think about it. That means we can make a specific hero guild? like Mei’s guild or mercy’s Fanclub guild.

1 Like

Alright OP, brace yourself… cause I got you on this one.

First, visit the clan mega thread:

The more pressing question regarding clans would be, why not?

Most, if not all, arguments I’ve seen against clans are nonsensical and fall into one of the below camps:

1. "we don’t need clans because we have blizzard groups." Wrong. Blizzard groups are nice, no denying that, but the groups simply shows people that are signed into the blizz launcher. Just because they’re on, doesn’t mean they’re playing OW, or even want to.

2. LFG fills the place of clans, adding clans now would be redundant” Again, wrong. LFG was another great step in the right direction… but it still fails because you’re grouping up with complete strangers… strangers who more often than not leave the group after only one loss.

3. clans would lead to more division since not everyone would be able to be in one” For the third time, wrong. Anyone would be able to start their own clan

4. clans would lead to more toxicity, and worse, sexist clans that don’t allow girls” Again, anyone would be able to make their own clan. There could be all girl clans, clans for people that only like QP, clans for competitive types… you get the idea.

And here are the main benefits of clans:

It gives you a chance to play with people consistently over a period of time. This is -very important- because it gives you a chance to get to know them, to build rapport and camaraderie. Over time you instinctively pick up on your team mates habits… you’ll suddenly notice when your team mate goes left, you go right to help flank… when someone goes in alone, you’re more likely to want to jump in and help them becaues you know them and they’re not some LFG rando that’ll leave after the match anyway.

You could have battles against rival clans which I think would be spectacularly fun and competitive. I’d rather duke it against other clans then duke it out in competitive where my rank is always in flux.

If blizz can make league skins, they could easily implement a system that lets you have clan skins. I mean the possibilities with this type of system are astronomical.

There is hope… In an interview with stylosa, he asked Jeff Kaplan about clans, and jeff let out a suspiciously large grin and said "I can neither confirm/deny the presence of such a system… but we have some exciting social features coming up towards fall.

TL;DR: The absence of clans in a game that’s so heavily marketed around team play is absolutely dumb founding. It’s been past time for something like this for quite a while.

3 Likes

With guilds we can have a guilds rank system.

We can have guilds of like 10-12 members and each guild have a especific SR

Now I’m actually more interested in this idea. Hopefully it gets added to the game.

1 Like

Should be a maximum of maybe 50 people.

1 Like

UIKEYINPUTDOWNARROWIt really has to do with creating a group of people that have similar mindsets for he game together
Like if you’re pushing up to top 500 there could be groups like htat whereas other guilds could be the chill go to QP and sip some alcohol while you play.

The idea of bringing togehter groups like this seems a bit more intuitive then the current system of Social aspect

Most games that have Guilds/Clans as an in-game feature, give way to less communication overall.

The communicative people join guilds/clans, and the quiet/reserved players still solo queue/LFG.

Those hours without decent amounts of players, will be spent mostly talking to yourself. This is a common trait when Clans/Guilds are added into games with a more open communication system.

It would basically be like having your friend list beable to talk to each other all at once at all times.

Depending on the features they’d pull from wow you could have you profile say I like these heroes, normally on at this time/ normally play this long, prefer to play this mode.

1 Like

From the other clans or guilds I’ve been in the past. I liked that kinda tight knit feel, where I knew the people I was playing with were trustable and consistent. If you have a good mix of roles in your clan you won’t have to worry about not having a healer or dps for instance. Unless they are offline or something, just group up and play. You have that extra confidence your games or grind may be more solid. Lfg is good too but if you que with strangers it’s a Forest Gump box of chocolates. I would be happy to join a clan if this is implemented.

so I can start the jams and jellies clan, and have a great time talking to friends, and takin over the world.

who will join me lol

This unfortunately concerns me. There are players who may not have the capability of easily speaking on a microphone, but instead still constantly listen. Unfortunately if guilds/clans become a social feature and LFG ends up mostly being players who don’t talk then their experience will suffer.

I am actually wondering the same.

Clans are just a glorified fr list. Nothing much will change.

I don’t understand this argument. There are currently tonnes of lfg groups that are girls only, but absolutely none that are guys only. It’ll be the same for clans

This is a good question in general. Its an easy answer too!

1. More Social Players This will allow people to communicate more efficiently and effectively. This allows players to make friends and better team comps!

2. Game play changes This feature would be game changing. There could be clan ranks, groups, clan chat, etc.

3. Stronger friendships and rivalry The game would make people more social and build friendships. Then trusting each other and being able to communicate more effectively would help in more wins and strategies! There would also be clan wars, so that’s when clan systems would come to play!

Overall, this would be very helpful to the community and overwatch in general. Since there is hope that a clan system is coming, overwatch is more likely to stay for a very long time.