Why do *you* think DPS gets the most hate?

I don’t blame DPS teammates for losing games…in fact I rarely ever blame them for losing games.

I simply name the party that is behind the campaigns for nerfs and impacting gameplay experience for Tank and Support players. That is toxic? Lol.

We joked about DPS mains coming for Baptiste after the Stylosa video, and within like 2 days all I saw was largely DPS players complaining about Bap because Soldier wasn’t as good. Stuff like that always leads to nerfs for the Hero they are complaining about. That’s just one recent example.

Idk why y’all are so sensitive about pointing out why there’s hatred at DPS mains. Y’all asked to know WHY, genius and I gave you the answer.

2 Likes

They demonize themselves by repeating the behavior that leads to more hatred. The question in this Post is WHY ARE DPS MAINS HATED, I just told you why and y’all are uncomfortable with the fact that those reasons are why people dislike DPS mains.

1 Like

I personally feel like this is true. I track everything in competitive games, and when asked to switch, DPS only did so in 43% of my games, compaired to the 67% of Tanks/Supports. (Small sample pool though, I’m only one person tracking games)

That alone can’t be helping people’s perceptions

Since when has that stopped them from people hating on them and wanting snipers removed from the game?

You act like ALL DPS-Mains like Widowmaker & Hanzo when there’s a sizeable hatedom from them across the entire category of heroes.

Furthermore, when Mercy received hate, it was because:

• A) She was the most overpowered hero in the game that anyone had ever seen in the history of Overwatch.
  • B) A lot of Mercy players would derail topics that don’t pertain to Mercy with their complaints/views on Mercy.
  • C) Had varying groups of Mercy-Mains that would go above and beyond to demonize and hate any of their detractors or simply people that didn’t share their views to the point where they even organized a raid onto the forum.
  • D) They were insisting on bringing back Mass Res even though Mass Res was a big part of the reason as to why Mercy was so weak back then, and the fact that as an ability Mass Res was unhealthy and frustrated a lot of the playerbase.

Nowadays, people are a LOT more willing to hear Mercy-players out and are a lot more sympathetic…up until the point where someone once again tries to bring back Mass Res despite Mass Res having not been in the game since 2017.

3 Likes

Probably perception of what role you play. Having incompetent healers is far more detrimental than having incompetent dps as a tank.

I imagine supports notice bad dps more and dps notice bad tanks more.

Not when people use that as a way to target someone. “How are you so bad despite playing the easiest role.” is pretty common if you have played the game for a decent amount of time.

1 Like

:sweat_smile:

I dared to suggest that our team had bad positioning earlier (because they did, it was atrocious) and everyone jumped down my neck with “You’re a Mercy, you don’t get to have an opinion”.

Mercy players are the most hated.

3 Likes

I’ve noticed low ranked players have this idea that dps are the only heroes with high impact and tanks and healers are just there to help them. People immediately blame the dps if nothing is dying.

In reality, it’s mostly the other way around. Tanks and supports have the game changing ults and abilities. Snipers are an exception because no support or tank can one shot from far away.

2 Likes

She was hated WELL before the rework which made her op.

She was reworked BECAUSE of the hate she was getting.

The dps didn’t like having a “won fight” reversed. It was ok if a won fight was reversed with a dps ult though, but Rez? Oh hell no.

The Mercy hate was WAY WAY out of control before the change.

7 Likes

Personally I think it’s two things. In no particular order.

1. The aim elitists on here that want supports to be free kills

2. They are the most likely in a match to not be playing with their team. I don’t think it’s necessarily selfishness, though many take it that way, as it is tunnel vision naturally separating them. When a support or tank tunnel visions, they are either healing someone they shouldn’t be (and thus inherently playing with their team) or trying to take space when they shouldn’t be (thus inherently playing for their team). A dps tunnel visioning often results in someone overchasing, which inherently pulls them away from their team.

So the natural positions and playstyle may give the impression that dps are more selfish and less team players than they really are, and them some negative actors on the forums reinforce this view.

3 Likes

It isn’t just the low ranked players.

However impact isn’t the same as power. Supports have power, they don’t have impact.

Like, there is a difference and I think THAT leads to a lot of the dps hate. They either don’t understand or don’t want to understand.

Though it is a tricky concept.

I move to the dps role to have impact.

1 Like

Man you really talk like a real life racist.

1 Like

It’s not their job to do so

To rephrase, out of all roles, it’s least their job compared to others

Peeling order is as follows:

off-tank and other support
^
equally important
winston if present because he can easily engage
backline dps
remaining dps

Depends who. Ana, Lucio and Baptiste can get the ‘high impact feel’. Good sleeps, boops and I-fields are satisfying, at least in my opinion.

I don’t think you comprehend what i said. Sure, compare racism, to Video game politics stemming from One class of players vs another if it makes you feel better.

It isn’t a question of satisfying, it is a question of your skill being translates to wins and loses.

You can Ana your booty off and still easily lose.

Winning when you are playing badly in supports is very common.

I like how well I am playing on the day to be reflected in the win/loss screen.

I want to lose when I am playing poorly.

I pointed that out.

She was reworked because Mercy was a weak hero, Mercy-Mains pushed for changes to make her stronger, and the majority of the community did not like Mass Res.

What Blizzard decided to push out wasn’t anything that anyone asked for so much as their personal decision.

1 Like

Ok, that is pretty fair, the way it was handled by blizzard was bad, we still have the fallout from it.

I think it’s because they’re least likely to be in voice chat but most likely to spam “Thanks!” sarcastically. I think many of them think they don’t need to coordinate and everyone else is just there to block for and heal them.

Can we not start the conversation of comparing racism to different classes in a video game… there’s just no way this can end in a positive outcome…

1 Like

And you think supports can’t use skill to carry games?

I mean if you’re landing great nades, chances are those are gonna have high impact. Pumping 10 clips into your Rein’s backside sure isn’t my idea of doing well.

1 Like