Why Do So Many People Like Mercy?

She’s great for people who haven’t played a shooter before. I used to play her before her rework. When I got tired of playing her, I practiced my aim and started to main other characters.

Well, “main” healer no longer really applies, but yeah, accessible, easy to learn, healer.

1 Like

People like her for every reason I hate her. She’s very much a go with the flow hero.
The way you play is dependent on your team and your just there to support them as best you can. She’s an angle and Christianity is I think the largest or second largest religion with Angles being a staple of their afterlife so I’m sure that plays a part.
And as people have said, she’s mechanically easy to pick up.

It’s not hard to see why people like her but I don’t think I can ever stomach her outside of DM. Battle Mercy!

Poster hero for Non-FPS players to feel welcomed in OW.

1 Like

I played the Old Republic and mainly chose to level a Healer as I found it quite enjoyable being able be a healer. The abilities were fun and I enjoyed being able to protect and heal as well as save teammates under pressure.

When playing Mercy I had this same feeling. Healing teammates non stop and supporting them from behind while under pressure from pesky flankers. Her ult was also quite enjoyable knowing that I was able to work out when the enemy would ult and when i should swoop in to rez everyone.

Current Mercy though i’ve lost that sort of feeling, not as impactful and just not really fun overall. That’s why I moved away from her a lot more.

But before that, that is why I really liked her. And her character design is pretty cool.

This graph seems to be modded showing a small section of data. What’s the deal with that?

Also, I liked Mercy because she was a dedicated healer. She didn’t rely on any form of damage to be useful. She has great maneuverability and had an interesting basic play style that focused on survivability. A beautiful design with iconic voice lines and symbolism.

Pretty swiss lady with no mechanical skill involved.

Only pure support in the game.

1 Like

Overbuff doesn’t do more than 6 months of data.

Then why not show six months worth of data?

That graph gives a very selective cheery picked view of what’s happening with the character and doesn’t show the reality of the situation.

I mean, I can dig around further, but the line graph just goes up even higher when you go further to the right.

Once she was powerful… She was the only one to heal me ever since Lucio’s equipment was damaged and he decided to buy dollar store amplifiers. And then Moira came, and Moira is cool, but I stay far away from the team, so my Mercy was still my angel. And then they clipped her wings. Rest in peace.

Perhaps you can post the full 6 months of competitive or quick play across all ranks to show that increase?

I can’t see it.

Swiss, not Swedish. Brig is Swedish. Torbjorn is Swedish. Angela is not.

That was a full 6 months of competitive…
The date it was taken was June 30th.

For the last time, i’m VWISS.

Playing her gives me the same feels I got when I played healer in wow. I like the way she hops around and despite what a lot of mercy players think (though I am sorry that so many people feel shafted by blizzard), I think she is incredibly fun and engaging to play. I personally think I look a lot like her which is a big plus for me. She is super nice and friendly which is easy to identify with. She’s cute and she says cute things. I don’t really have any bad opinions about her. Wish I could be on fire more often tho.

So what does May to November look like?

The very far left looks like it syncs up with that dip near May

She presents very effeminatly while also retaining the title of scientist, world-class neurosurgeon, peace activist, and hero. Which I find to be very inspiring.