Why do people think brig is bad?

This. It’s also not really her meta atm with rush being so good and reliable and ladder is often not coordinated enough to make dive work. If Brig gets rushed by a Rein comp she just dies.

I’m just going to posit that this was NEVER the way Brig was supposed to be played.

She is designed to peel enemies off her teammates. That was what she was ALWAYS supposed to do — in particular peel Genji and Tracer from her other support/DPS.

But in her release state she was super strong as a frontliner, and so that is what people believed she was supposed to be.

Now she is exactly what she is supposed to be — a hero who stays by the side of her most-targeted ally and protects them while healing the rest of her team. She can still frontline so long as she is next to Reinhardt (protecting him when his shield goes down with peels and heals), but she is best played in the midline or backline vs flankers who are going after her other support and DPS.

Exactly as intended from the beginning.

She’s also still a great counter to Doomfist and Ball, as well.

3 Likes

Brig feels bad to me at the moment because there are times that I feel dependant on the other support. If I’m hurt and I need to heal up, my options are medkit (not always available), peeking to get off a Whip to trigger Inspire (risky), or hope that my co-support’s willing to chuck me a heal. Now, the last one might sound like a given, but at my level of play, it really isn’t!

It also feels bad when I don’t get an opportunity to trigger Inspire, but my team really needs topping up. Maybe we won the teamfight, but just barely. Any other support can get to patching people up; Brig has to use up any spare Repairs lying around and wait. Let me tell you, other people do not like that and they are not shy about letting me know!

I’d like the ability to consume a Repair Kit in order to trigger Inspire. Hopefully this doesn’t affect balance at the top, but it might just make Brig a bit more enjoyable for us mortals toiling in the dirt.

5 Likes

Honestly, that is how support should be. Look after each other.

Usually the Brig is played to protect the other support while they do their job.

i.e. Right now, hand hold Ana while she builds nano as quickly as possible to nano the Monkey.

The only reason that Brig has bad stats in low ranks is because people who can play her climb out of low ranks quickly and leave all the bad Brig players behind.

1 Like

Nah, it’d feel terrible for those times where you end up with an unreliable co-support. Which is probably why they’re playing around with every support getting a self-healing passive for OW2.

It could have something to do with her being bad. I am not sure but I think being bad makes people think she is bad. Again not certain, just my wild theory.

But let me just copy this part and paste it in your gengu overbuff thread. Cuz apparently asking consistency in your arguments is too much.

2 Likes

They will probably make it so supports heal less and have more consistent utility.

They are SUPPORTS after all, not healers.

But if you watch how it is played higher up, and try follow some of the basics it makes a huge difference. Played a game last night, our Ana was getting rolled. So I swapped to Brig and just shadowed her. Topping people up with the odd pack, and whip shoting where I could to keep inspire up. They stopped diving her within about 2 pushes and changed their whole comp.

1 Like

That doesn’t help when the Ana refuses to detach her gun from Rein’s butt and heal me.

Then you need better map control. The Ana pocketing the Rein to get nano asap is good play.

Your team should be playing around health pack locations so you can use them to top up when the Ana has better things to do.

But if you are playing Brig, and not playing next to your Ana… you are playing it wrong.

I am playing next to Ana, she’s just not healing me.

Then your inspire up time is low, and/or map control is poor.

Happy to watch a game and let you know in private if you want.

I mean yeah.
But dives actually being played a bit rn and he isn’t. GMs just hate playing brig also. You can see that as her OWL pickrate is sky high but genjis pickrate in OWL is trash as well as in game.

He’s not exactly trash either just kinda sub par.

And according to you she still single handedly dismantling that comp so why is she almost as bad as gengu. Again I just like consistency. If you think those overbuff stats are irrelevant that is fine, I might disagree but it’s fine but if you put your faith in them then I expect you to be consistent about it. I agre that gengu sucks not because of my personal experience (though ngl it backs it up) but because I trust the stats we have.

1 Like

I’m assuming once again it’s because GMs really hate playing brig.
I mean, even when she was busted OP (release brig) she had like a 4% pickrate in GM. Somehow? Idek. GMs are weird sometimes.

But yeah you’re right, I shouldn’t of only used overbuff as my argument.
Tbh from my experience I dont think genji feels like a threat. Like absolutely any form of dmg boosted blade is VERY strong (maybe too strong), but his base kit is utter garbage and I can just ignore him when I’m on support.

Also, from my experience playing brig she feels very very strong.

I don’t know why you don’t want to believe that outside of high ranks, teammates are unreliable.

Dude. I am about 500ish SR higher than you. I know they can be.

I also know that it is on me to work around them.

Oh that was cuz meta was double sniper, nobody cared about Brig in matches that were decided in 20+ meter range lol.

I agree. This is my experience as well. Tbh I don’t even see nano blade as that big of a problem. It was only bad in june when he could spam it.

In my experience she seems subpar in most cases besides those where you need a reliable stun, specifically against dive tanks like hamster but other than that she ranges from awful to meh to me.

Pretty sure thats the case about 99% balance whining in the forums. Remember how everyone whined that Brigitte became unplayable trash while Brikette one trick player took Top 1-2-3 support spots :smiley:

1 Like

True, also how many accounts do you have xD