Why do people speak foreign languages in vc

And expect people to understand them? If you don’t speak English please don’t use voice chat on an English speaking server

16 Likes

I’ve personally never seen that happen, but I’m sure it happens a lot in Europe.

5 Likes

How would you know that they expect you to understand them If they don’t speak english?

19 Likes

I love it when people got strong accents and say something,and everyone on the team is like “What?”,but I understand it because it’s freaking obvious what they could be trying to say,but some people just can’t put it together.

5 Likes

There’s no such thing as an English speaking server.

69 Likes

It’s called “the american server” if anything english speaking users should use that one.If they expect to only talk to english speaking people.

3 Likes

NA servers cover Spanish, French and a whole host of Native American language regions.

They’re not defined as English speaking, anywhere.

48 Likes

Well they’re yelling heaps of callouts, which they wouldn’t do if they knew nobody understood them

Australia.

No, this is on the Australian server, where it makes the least sense

1 Like

Maybe they just have hope someone would understand. I can understand 5 different languages.

1 Like

We once had a french kid(i think) repeating “Gru Ë” and everyone was like “wot?”

1 Like

Some languages I can understand why people would be speaking them, like languages from Oceania, but I’ve had several people speaking Spanish recently. I know a couple of Spanish words, but nowhere near enough to understand what they were saying. The conversation went something like:
Them: Spanish
Me: espanol?
Them: si
Me: English por favor?
Them: more Spanish

Had it happen to me once at like 3 in the morning.

1 Like

Early morning games are a whole other can of worms

my english is very bad ( europe server )
its very hard to talk with other players …when you dont remember words like " high ground / button / top of xy / " in a fast game.

so sometimes i say the words in my mother tongue D:

1 Like

Didn’t realise you were an Aussie as well, nice.

2 Likes

I mean, true.

This is 20 char

I can understand that happening on The European or Asian servers where there are a whole bunch of languages, but what confused me was that this was the Australian server

Okay that’s strange, but there’s still no defining point of their being in any way strictly English speaking.