Why do people in this forum think every game is unwinnable?

Even GMs can lose games while smurfing in plat and below sometimes without any leavers. I saw a 4.2k DPS main playing in plat do 40k damage with Hanzo and still lost.

Yes they usually win like 95% of the other games though. Anyway It’s just my personal opinion and more of a mindset thing.

This right here is the true struggle. I don’t understand this either. When you start to play competitive a lot, and I mean like 10-20 games a day, that’s when you really start to notice the invisible hand pulling the strings on your games. You’ll randomly get a really bad game with some pretty crippling disadvantages right off the bat (leavers, griefers, that one random Hanzo who is 500 SR above everybody else but somehow manages to be the worst on the team) then BOOM out of nowhere the next 10 games are the exact same. Sometimes the other team ends up in that position resulting in yet again, another complete-steamroll-waste-of-time-no-fun-game of competitive OW. In the end, though, it doesn’t matter. When I noticed this happen every time I got near 1950-1999 SR I realized there are about a thousand better things I could be doing with my time than spending the next 2 days grinding from 1600 back to 1950 for the thousandth f*cking time lol. It’s not fun and it never will be, so now I just play QP and a competitive game or two every once in a while and try not to stress over it.

1 Like

Its just a handful of players on this board really. I find extremely easy to win games.
There are a LOT of bad players though in every game so half the battle is being able to spot them in both sides to figure out where the carry is needed and who to exploit on the other team.

You cant play 20 comp games in one session and expect consistent success.

After 3-5 games youre going to start playing at a less than optimal rate. You have to have luck on your side to make a 20 game session beneficial to your sr on a consistent basis.

I play in my alts, serious games on one… mess around looser games on other. On my main i pick my comp games very delicately.

Ie, what time of day,is it… what type of players are on at this time, am i tired, am i too excited, am i playing well, etc etc

Whenever I win a stupid easy steamroll game it just reinforces in my mind the fact that OW is a broken game with a broken system and will never accurately depict anyone’s skill. Honestly how can anyone expect it to when so many factors go into the outcome of a match?

If you want to climb, you straight up just have to be at least 2 or 3 tiers in raw mechanical skill above where you are at if you want to hard carry.

2 Likes

Yes my friend but think on this:

If you are running a race and everyone else is given a head start by let us say, 40 yards and you lose, could you say “well if I were to be Usain Bolt then I would have won so I need to get better”…ok that is true statement but still it is unfair and you deserve to be placed at the same line as everyone else.

What I am to be saying is that just because Dafran would have won a match does not mean that it is a players fault he lost, it could be that he was placed in unfair circumstance.

Let me ask you a question my friend, did you get to your rank with solo queue or do you group? Can you get any account into Master or have you only played one account?

thank you for reading

Not how it works. Every game uses only your SR (or maybe MMR based on how old the information is, and MMR and SR go up and down together except for decay and disconnect penalties) to determine who you should play against. Your streaks are far more likely to be psychological.

There is no rigging.

There are no enforced wins or losses.

The only thing win / loss chance is used for is SR adjustment. If you win a game that was in your favor, you gain a little less SR. If you lose a game you should have won, you lose a little more SR than normal. Normal is 24 SR.

Because over time, the only constant is you. If you play a large enough number of matches, you will reach where you deserve to be (close to 100 in my opinion or 20 hours). Skill is contingent on multiple factors but the most important one is to do what is necessary to win. In order to do that you need to know how to work with and counter compositions and ults (gamesense), know how to do your job effectively and when without dying (positioning) and be physically able to (mechanics). As you play, you will have games that are solely dependent on your performance. If you win more than 50% of these, your climb is guaranteed.

I’m a low masters player and I can easily climb to and maintain high diamond+ on any account. According to your statement, I would need to be GM simply to climb into masters. Not true.

Something does go wrong in every game. Everyone, even pros, make mistakes. The question is if your team has more go wrong than the enemy team does.

But yeah, more people need to own their ranking.

Strange, I used to play lots (sometimes upwards of 40 games in a day) and never noticed those things. Maybe it’s because I wasn’t looking for an external reason for my results?

The trends I did notice were totally on me. E.g. I tended to do worse late at night. Was it because people who play at that time of night are bad and were holding me back (I’ve read this a lot on the forums)? Hell no! I was just getting too drunk by that time to play at my normal level.

Very few are unwinnable.
Unwinnable with non-meta heroes, cause enemies too stronk, cause they have a cheater is typical mood for lower tiers.

Because people are very bad at Maths, statistics and objective assessments.

1st it is elementary to understand it’s mathematically impossible for the majority to lose a majority of match. When one team lose, another win. For 6 losers there are 6 winners.
Further only a minority is Bronze, so everyone else has to win some times.

I could go on… but you get the picture.

And yet this is a very common if not a major behavior in various area of life.

It is much harder to say “I suck” instead of “they all suck”.

i experience this every other season. and typically lose 350 to 800 sr in one streak as a result and then have to climb back up to 3600 where games are easier to fill-flex and not need you to 1v6

They say the games are unwinable for them. Not ALL games but after u win a few lose once or twice…then come back the next day and suddenly u cant win a match at all and it feels like ur skill dosent matter cuz u seem to be being put vs a team of defrans when ur a nobody. Its not like u went from being gold to GM in one day. But yet it feels like the matchmaker thinks u did. That is what most r talking about when they say the games are unwinable.

To the argument of “defran would win those” yes they would…but defran has either way to much adderall in him…he was born playing shooter games…or has praticed for a HUGE amounts of time on his game play. And i or the normal player has none of those…yes they can gain that but u cant get that good over night nor can u get that good in one season (aside from O D ing on adderall…not recommended) so yes those games would be unwinnable for the normal player. :slight_smile:

Why? I can’t answer that because you are absolutely exaggerating. You can’t get serious answers if you aren’t serious.

People complain by saying their teammates are trash, people say they have throwers, and, like you said in one of your recent posts, said everyone in bronze is a smurf. So what’s exaggerated when everything I said is posted in this forum daily?

3 dps 4 dps or 5 dps. Maybe throwers and smurfs. take your pick.