?!?!? Why do people complain that Blizz doesn’t listen ?!?!?

We haven’t had a dev post regarding balance since July 18.

Bastion and Reaper immediately come to mind

1 Like

Like Ana didn’t need to be nerfed back then. She was actually in a great spot after her buffs with her ability to 1 shot combo and her nano speed buff. What was needed was Mercy to gain an ability to help her in the mid fight and keep up with the burst healing Biotic Grenade provided. Adjustments to the way Resurrects entire mechanic needed to be made smashing Valkyrie and Resurrect together. Maybe making Resurrect a lock on where Mercy could fly around healing her team and lock onto dead souls for 6 seconds. Something where players can predict the Resurrect is coming. Something that’s difficult for Mercy to perform but also beneficial to allies who are alive so Mercy can tempo Resurrect more often. Giving her a new E ability that provides her with some kind of pacifist-offensive ability skillshot like a blinding light shot from her staff. Something to give Mercy players something to do.

But hey. Mercy players just complain and don’t give any thoughtful ideas/reworks our there all we do is complain and spam #RevertMercy everywhere.

They used to come and give quick little responses, be it “yes we will do something, be patient.” or “we don’t have plans at the moment” which were good, even if that’s a no to a thing you wanted, you knew.

Let me ask you a very simple question…

if 100 people ask for 100 different suggestions on the same subject…and they use one of them as that is all they can actually do at any given time…did they not listen?

And that was merely 100…any time they make a decision it’s only going to be what a few people suggested…they literally can’t please everyone…doesn’t mean they don’t listen though

And good lord…the forums is not EVERYONE…it is the most annoying thing on the forums by far when people speak for “everyone”…especially when the statement beyond factually incorrect as there are plenty of people who will tell you otherwise on here (and frequently do)

1 Like

EXACTLY! I don’t know what people expect. Do they realize that even if Blizzard could make changes in an instant that all they would get is an ever changing and completely unbalanced game if Blizz did what they asked?

McCree’s god-awful kit.

Lets see…revert sym revert hog revert mercy.

Don’t nerf this Hanzo.

Sombra is fine.

Revert Sombra.

Ignore OWL and fix the game.

No more Merch. Until the game is fixed.

Please balance the game.

Time to kill is too small.

Repprt system abuse.

False flagging.

Endorsement problems.

LFG problems.

Rein, DF, Sombra, Sym all still buggy.

Pharah still having visual issues and breaking terrain.

Seriously man I don’t know what to tell you. The PTR isn’t even used for testing. It’s used for early access teasing.

What more proof do you need?!

3 Likes

I’m not invested in this argument, sorry. Quote someone else. I’m a lore person, I’m sh*t at the game lol.

Here’s the thing; ok sure, Blizz is making changes because we asked for them.

But they’re not making the changes we NEED. They’re essentially tearing wires out of a ticking bomb and replacing the holes with duct tape and bendy straws.

Lemme just ask you a question; if your car breaks down and you take a peak under the hood to see if you can find the problem but can’t, do you:

A) just start tearing things a part until you find what’s wrong
B) consult a friend who probably knows about as much as yourself
C) get opinions from a mechanic and have them take a look

If you chose anything other than C, you’re basically making the same mistake Blizzard is making.

They’re tearing things from heroes and tossing them about then stitching the hero back together with some remodeled version of the hero. They don’t deal with the problem like they should and in some cases have just made it much worse.

So it’s not like we’re ignoring what they have done, we’re raising all get out over the mistakes they’ve made because it just doesn’t feel like they’re listening to what we’re actually saying.

4 Likes

People complaining on the forums is a small amount of the playerbase…

The rest just enjoys the game :wink:

2 Likes

How is people complaining and asking for res to be removed for years now and blizz not doing anything about it is “listening”?

I’ve noticed this kind if group: “They didn’t give me what I want, so they’re clearly not listening to what I want.”

Or this group: “They didn’t nerf this hero to the ground because I don’t like them. Clearly not listening to me!”

It’s basically just the nature of gaming. Also, sick thread necro.

1 Like

Yes, they have been adjusted before. The point is IT DOESN’T WORK. IT DIDN’T WORK. AND THEY DON’T LISTEN WHEN WE TELL THEM BASTION AND SOMBRA AND REAPER AND SYMMETRA STILL SUCKS.

If you think any hero has a higher need to be looked at than Bastion, you’ve got no idea what you are talking about. He’s the one hero who has been consistently at 0.01% GM pickrate for around the last 5 months.

No wonder you think Blizzard is listening. Because apparently even Bastion can take a back seat.

Pretty sure helen keller can listen to us better than the devs can.

1 Like

If bastion were as bad as you say then they would address it. You don’t know better than blizzard does. They have the stats, they have the experts and the experience. Maybe your opinion of bastion just isn’t as accurate as you think.

“Experts” that have given us four abysmal failures of reworks in the last year
“Expets” that let Valkyrie go live
“Experts” that have let a hero remain in F tier even through wmeta’s he hsould have been abel to be at least C tier (Defensive death balls should in theory be great for Bastion’

1 Like

Bingo, we have a winner.

2 Likes

You guys aren’t getting it. THAT IS YOUR OPINION.

What opinion
That Valk was an OP mess that any level of competent play testing would have told them was OP
That Sym is statistically worse then she used to be and certainly hasn’t gone better even though nothing in her kit is the same.
Or how Hanzo is invalidating a dozen other DPS heroes because he’s a sniper with the mobility of a damn flanker

These are not opinions these are facts.
Oh and Bastion being a crap pick only useful in a few minor cheese comps that don’t even work half the time. That’s also very much a fact.

2 Likes

You are blind.

Before private profiles are a thing, you can go to overbuff to check out the statistics of heroes.

Bastion has had a continued 0.01% pick rate.

Perhaps this sentence here:

was just plainly wrong in the first place.

You already believed they would address the problem in the first place, then proceeded to deny everyone who pointed out they hadn’t address the problem.

BTW And, for the record, everything you have said is YOUR OPINION as well. You don’t have objective fact, which, come to think of it, most of us do in the form of pickrates, professional players opinions, and so on.

You haven’t any proof at all. You are simply rambling off absolutely nothing other than a silly faith in the developing team, which is made even sillier when everyone sees you ignore the evidence.

Just stop, OP, you’re making yourself look silly.

1 Like