Why do i never see ana players

why do I never see any players quick scoping? they either hip fire or stay zoomed in.

btw if you time it, you can quick scope and it only reduces her speed for a fraction of a second, and she can do it while jumping.

1 Like

Either they don’t know or they know but they don’t have the skill. It takes practice to do it.

1 Like

I don’t use it much cause I suck at It. if you want continuous shots, you gotta wait to quick scope again after she chambers another shot.

if you can get good with it, it’s a good way to take out a widow or pharah without being a sitting duck.

Why should I quickscope? She’s fine, this technique is useless

3 Likes

Because her hip shot is projectile and the scope is hitscan.

1 Like

Aren’t the two shots (projectile and hitscan) different in size? Don’t remember. I also recall that there is no tracing on the hip shot making it harder for enemies to zero in on Ana’s location.

But as someone has eluded to: what’s the point of a quick scope for Ana? Her damage is consistent regardless of hitzone and you shouldn’t be so close that the milliseconds saved by quick scoping is a factor.
Maybe in the Snipers match up but I don’t know about anywhere else

1 Like

I really thought by your title you had somehow had been playing some bizarro world where you never saw people playing Ana lol

8 Likes

It’s far better to quick scope. Hitscan connects immediately. Projectile weapons have to travel the entire distance. It’s not the same thing.

Never said they are the same. Read the statement again.

1 Like

Quick scoping is a tough skill to play on a hero all the time. It’s because nobody really wants to play like that.

Yeah, I almost rephrased it. What I meant is there’s a huge difference.

shouldn’t be so close that the milliseconds saved by quick scoping is a factor

The timing is based on distance. It also helps you keep track of your surroundings. You’re obviously not going to be hip firing at someone across the entire map. You also don’t want to be stuck zoomed in either. So quickscope.

I get that most people don’t care. You obviously don’t care. Many high-end Anas quick scope because it maximizes their characters potential. You can also play DF without learning a single rollout. That doesn’t mean there’s no benefit to learning rollouts.

1 Like

Why would even want to quick scope with ana?

Not only you can’t 1hko but also it is not the type of gun that benefits from such thing.

1 Like

your field of view is limited when scoped in, and you can not strafe or move as fast, so unless you land all your scoped shots for the kill, you are going to be a sitting duck with the limited fov and slow strafe speed.

2 Likes

If you are using scope the targets are already way too far to even benefit from that. The only one who can hit you is a window anyway.
For mid to close range hipfire is just more efficient. you don’t lose any accuracy whatsoever so no point of scoping in those ranges.

i don’t like smelling like Cheese so i just don’t play ana/bap/kiri/moira… i am a support main.

Hip fire is only good for close range. Try healing/dps a tracer/genji or even mine jumping junkrat at 20m+ without hitscan. Quick scope is useful for repositioning while healing/damage. Staying scoped in too long also makes it easier for snipers to headshot you or pharah to land directs, and makes you less aware of what’s happening around you due to limited field of vision. Watch ML7 play Ana and he never does more than 3-4 scoped shots in a row. He uses quick scope a lot.

I have toggle zoom on ana for this reason. (If you don’t know it makes for easy muscle memory quick scopes) You just rightclick leftclick rightclick to quick scope

2 Likes

Quickscoping makes her RoF (and thus DPS) slower rather than faster. The point is just to allow her to be more mobile and evasive while firing a scoped hitscan shot. There are plenty of applications where the occasional quickscope is very helpful, but nobody I’ve ever seen sits there and fires every shot via quickscope throughout a match. However, it’s worth mastering the technique even just to initiate normal scoping.

4 Likes

Probably because you play in an MMR range where they’re not able to. That goes for 99% of threads where people like you ask why some random group isn’t doing a specific thing.
“Why is my team blind?”; because you play in Bronze 5 and are blind yourself.

Play better, rank up and I bet you’ll see them more. I didn’t play for a few weeks, but I doubt that changed.

Because she doesn’t have to aim for the head and the aim is forgiving. Scoping animation is a waste of time.

1 Like