Why disrespect small but regular ow streamers?

PLEASE LIKE THIS POST TO RAISE AWARENESS FOR THIS ISSUE

So I’ve seen this new Brig skin event. I liked the idea, I was ready to pay money to my favourite OW streamers, but then I checked and so many of them were missing.

You have quality streamers who are smaller and dedicated to their community, make good content and keep the things alive and running.

Seriously, I’m chocked.

• Is it on purpose that you’re leaving out smaller but regular streamers who carried the game for the last years ?
  • Are you incompetent enough that you didn’t track who was playing your game on twitch for the last few years ?

I said it I like the idea, but I wanted to thank those whe kept my watching and playing the game, and so many are missing. Why the disrespect ?

addendum : I don’t care that you put there people who stopped playing the game, I understand that you need exposure. But expand that list FFS

addendum 2 : when I say small, it’s wrt xqc, those people have usually between 100 and 500 views and stream on regular basis, almost excusively OW content

31 Likes

Because, really, all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. :thinking:

3 Likes

They might be required to be Twitch Partners.

They are, when I say small, I’m talking about people who regularly have between 80 to 400 viewers (1 even top at 4000 on special events), but are still left out.

And when I say regular, I meant it, most of those I’m thinking about steam at least almost excusively OW many days per week

BastionMain has been playing and streaming OW for a long time now. I am surprised he isn’t on the list.

2 Likes

Because they will not achieve the desired reach and engagement.

1 Like

Yeah I get it, they can leave the large streamers for the reach, I don’t mind it, but add the hardcore OW pillars so we can thank them and help them too.

3 Likes

If you read their posts on the subject, it’s clearly envy.

Folks don’t like Twitch Streamers because they’re jealous of the fact that otherwise ordinary people were able to make a living by playing videogames in front of a camera while they have to flip burgers, cashier, put diapers on shelves, sweep/mop floors, and perform other menial tasks to earn minimum wage in a dead end job between getting an education in hopes of a slightly better yet still tedious job which pays the bills and provides decent benefits.
They’ll often make denigrating remarks about streamers implying that they weren’t successful due to being legitimately entertaining to watch, but because they were simply lucky to be in the right place at the right time, then proceed to denigrate the fans who support them by insulting their intelligence. I suppose that their fans ought to be doing something more intelligent and constructive with their free time, like complaining on the forums of a game that they don’t even enjoy playing anymore.

I’d rather donate to smol cute streamers than money gluttons

I personnally still enjoy playing the game, thanks to this people streaming OW regulary for the last 2 years :

• FéFé : the guy singlehandedly kept the french scene alive, usually has at least 500 viewers, more like 700 to 1K, and tops at 4K for specific events
  • Zaroide and Hammerkick are also great contributor the french scene
  • Gwadael and GF_Igual are examples of smaller french streamers with strong communities

And then you have those that have a strong but small community and are usually quite known (or at least I thought so)

• DannielFenner, Necros, ItsTryHard, A10, Yazen, LHCloudy …

Those people kept the game alive, built communities and deserve to be in that marketing list

Feel free to drop other names

1 Like

Chad-Whales support this post 100% :whale:

PS: Please support HolyShiftKid, he is quite good and goes under the radar. Thanks to him for opening my eyes up to Mercy who is now one of my mains after I swore I would never play her.

2 Likes

Because those small streamers didn’t sign up any contracts with Blizzard.

honestly i dont even like the skin however there are a few smaller streamers i would have supported with this…but i am not supporting XQC(nothing against him at all i watch him very occasionally but he just doesnt need my money)

They picked the most popular lucrative streamers and that’s all there is to it. The community manager already said ppl on the forum dont matter so thats that too. Apparently his job has gotten very hard and he is fed up and decided convincing people they are a waste of words posting any kind of opinion or feedback. Making the customers feel worthless about having any opinion is the goal of blizzard now. With outspoken employees like that no wonder diablo immortal will never make it to china lol.

1 Like

Small but regular OW streamers who have stayed loyal despite the three year content drought aren’t going to bring in new players/payers

Touch luck

Cause you know the emotions and jobs of everyone in the world. Wowzers. Youre so cool. Thx for exposing all these sad people. You prolly learned all that in college. Are you a psychology professor / mystic shaman mind reader?

From what I heard, it already got banned in China. For silly reason - someone used Diablo Immortal official account to speak against CCP.

that him will lost in gamble lol

Of course, I understand your point and I can see many smallOverwatch dedicated streamers felt discouraged and left out. I was one of the small OW streamers, I used to stream Overwatch often and I had much potential because I am Deaf, fought for better accessibility for the deaf players, and I successfully reached masters and grandmasters for the first time finally. Not a lot of people know about that. Many regular people recognized me as a Deaf Overwatch player and New York Excelsior Spider-Man on Twitter and during Overwatch matches. I decided to quit streaming because I gave up and well-known content creators always get so many opportunities easily. I truly want to know why Blizzard keeps focusing on the big content creators with large numbers of views and followers. Favoritism? I don’t care if it’s all about money or using the big content creators to help blizzard to get more people to play Overwatch. Yes, I felt discouraged too but just forget it. This won’t change anything at all. Wish the best of luck to all small Overwatch streamers. I believe in you guys.

2 Likes