Why disable Game Browser viewing during queue?

Title. (tl;dr at the bottom)

They changed it, after more than 2 years, so that you can’t browse Custom Games while you’re queued for another mode in a recent patch. Why would this ever be a good change?

This was already something that got on my nerves when they stopped group members from viewing the Custom Game list (which you could get around by handing them Group Leader before they opened the list and back), I guess to stop people from looking for Customs with their friends…?

But now, it’s not even being treated like the Arcade for solo players, where the gamemodes behind a menu are still viewable. You just have to stop what you’re doing to even look at the modes the community has made.

You’re not going to get me to avoid browsing modes I might like more by being controlling, you’re just going to upset me and make me think you have something to hide, Blizzard. Every time I forget this happens, I stop what I’m queued up for and browse like I normally would, except now I have to wait again if I decide not to join any lobbies.

I guess I’ll add this to the somehow-still-growing list of things Blizzards needs to pick up slack on with Custom Games. It’s in-line with their other decisions to blatantly disrespect community content that conflicts with their pride on the main game, but I’m still disappointed.

tl;dr: A recent patched stopped you from looking at the Game Browser while you’re in queue for no good or explained reason. Please change it back.

2 Likes