Why didn't Moira kill Antonio?

Someone going around in Rialto wasn’t a secret.
Talon grunts died left and right.

If killing Antonio so loudly (especially shooting him out of a window) was such a big deal and revealed Blackwatch’s involvement, why didn’t Moira just instantly suck the life out of him?

She did that to a Talon soldier and he was finished off in a heartbeat.

A clean and mysterious way. And then they could headed have home.

If the problem was that Antonio would react to Reyes saying “Moira, beam him to death.”, then he could have had used a code instead.

in the first place, Moira had no real motivation for having to do this kind of wanting. Reyes acted on impulse, it was nothing anyone expected.

during the mission, she herself is not displeased with the impulse decision of her commander, but I repeat about her: she did not care that much. she was just doing what she was there for, and the same mccree and genji. only reyes did something he suddenly felt compelled to do.

it is a bit as if Genji at the end of the Storm Riging mission directly stabbed the sword on Max without letting him talk to Mercy: it has nothing to do with who did not kill him in the best way, but who suddenly went beyond what reyes could.

9 Likes

If killing Antonio had been in the script, they probably would’ve just sent Genji to assassinate him. Reyes could’ve told Moira or Genji to kill him, but he didn’t put any serious thought into his actions or the consequences. He felt helpless in the moment and acted under the illusion of control.

2 Likes

Likely Moira was not there for being a combat medic but to observe Reyes’ enhancements she gave him. Likely she was too busy making mental notes on Reyes’ behavior for her own research.

2 Likes

Because killing Antonio wasn’t the plan. They were going to kidnap and interrogate him, until Antonio provoked Reyes.

2 Likes

I wonder how they wanted to get Antonio out following the original plan? :thinking:

Knock the big guy out and slung him over a (Gabe or Jesse’s?) shoulder?
Or tie him up and use him as a hostage on the way out? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Now I have to imagine them using his unconscious body to open some doors… but not gently - like throwing the whole body against the finger print scanner.

5 Likes

:+1: That made my laugh, thanks. :joy:

2 Likes

Kinda Rogue One from Star Wars did exactly that.

I didn’t watch the newer movies (the ones after RotS) :confused:. I only know some memes.

They weren’t trying to kill Antonio, that wasn’t the plan. the plan was to capture him not kill him, reaper acted on impulse and nearly got everyone killed.

Moira didn’t kill Antonio because she wasn’t supposed to. Moira had no reason to stray from the plan, so why should she?

2 Likes

I assumed Reyes could have told her.

I really doubt that they did NOT have a code word for “ok, suck him silently dead”.
He was acting rashly. However, there was no need to hurry. From what I can tell Reyes was the leader of the group (and of the whole of Blackwatch).
He could have re-estimated the situation and made a quick decision.
A.) Tell Moira to kill him silently
B.) If Antonio makes an unexpected movement (pressing a button or drawing a gun), just kill him instantly (as he did in the vid) causing an alarm.

It’s not like that this potato had faster reflexes than a super soldier, the best cowboy in history and a cyborgninja.

Killing him was what he wanted to do anyway. So he could have told Moira quickly that she should do it :man_shrugging:.
It’s not like anyone of them was opposed to killing anyone (before getting to Antonio they killed countless Talon soldiers).